The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Welcome to The Bloodhounds (OOC - All spots filled)  (Read 8033 times)

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: No longer a member
Welcome to The Bloodhounds (OOC - All spots filled)
« on: November 23, 2011, 07:14:06 AM »
Hello all,

This is going to be a cooperative effort between DarylDemented and I to run a Serious RP. Please use this thread to read up on the back story of the RP, clarify rules, submit characters for approval, and speak out of character to the other players.

Setting:
The story will begin in the isolated castle belonging to an organization known as The Bloodhounds (organization is explained below). The main action of this RP will begin in a more temperate environment during a medieval era influenced by magic. Players will be allowed to build a character that can "cast spells" (explained below), but is subject to certain rules. As the era is medieval, no weapons more advanced than the crossbow will be admitted. Gunpowder has not been discovered yet, so explosives (beyond magic) are not available.

Story:
You have finished your apprenticeship with The Bloodhounds. Last year, you were approached by a member of this secretive guild and given an invitation to join their organization. They tested you and trained you to join their ranks, and now you are ready for your final test before you can call yourself one of them. First, you must complete your first contract in service to the guild.

Your mission is to find the Bandit Lord Saker, a terrible and feared butcher of men, women, and children and bring him to justice. The choice is yours to bring him in dead or alive.

The Bloodhounds:
The Bloodhounds are a fraternal group of trackers, bounty hunters, and (on occasion) assassins not beholden to any land, ruler, or ideology. They will accept any contract, track any mark, hunt any quarry, if the price is right. Men and women, soldiers and mages, commoners and Kings, have been brought in by the Bloodhounds. They hunt their chosen targets tirelessly and their dedication rarely fails.

Magic:
Magic will work in this world through a series of runes. To "cast a spell" one must draw the rune or runes that describe the spell by using the energy within their own body to create a projection of the rune in the air in front of them using their hands. This means that for something simple (like creating a ball of fire, a flash of light, a small arc of lightning, etc.) a small, easily drawn rune will be written in front of the caster and will consume very little of the caster's energy. For something complex (creating a thunderstorm, teleporting several people across the world, etc.) a full sentence will have to be transcribed and will  tax the caster's body greatly. For an example, see below.

-->     "Preparing himself to throw his first spell of the day, the wolf lifted two fingers and took a deep breath. Visualizing the rune needed, he began to draw. Light followed the passage of his fingers as he drew until the spell was complete."

Spells can be made more permanent by inscribing them (or etching, carving, etc) the runes necessary for the spell onto an object and "donating" (similar to casting the spell you are drawing, except the power given is much higher to reflect the permanency of the spell) energy. This is how magical items are created and subsequently used.

Initiates (New Players):
If you wish to post a new character, the character has been assumed to have passed the initial tests of becoming a full member of The Bloodhounds (you are competent at tracking, fighting with your chosen weapons [including or not including magic], and basic survival).

RP Rules:
1. As usual, no God-modding, power-playing, or other shenanigans of that nature.
2. A posting order will be created once we have a few characters.
3. Try to post within 18 hours of the poster in front of you in the posting order. This just keeps things moving along.
4. Please post a minimum of three lines.
5. Please try to maintain proper grammar and spelling. Just try to make it comprehensible and readable. (Use the Spell Check button next to the Preview button, next to the Post button!!!)
6. Please wait for your character to be accepted before posting.

This Post is subject to change until we have a few characters and DarylDemented and I have finished deliberating over the world. Until then, here is the basic character application:

Name:
Species: (all characters must be Anthropomorphic, mythical bases [like gryphons / dragons] are allowed within reason)
Physical Description:
Background:
Specialty: (Please choose from the following: Magic, Tracking, Information gathering, Fighting) [This is to set a role for your character within the group]
Able to use Magic?:
Weapons:

Post Merge: November 23, 2011, 07:28:31 AM

Name:  Varen Albrecht
Species:  Arctic Wolf
Clothing / Armor: Prefers to wear light armor over lightly colored clothing. A white tunic with beige or brown pants are common attire for him. A leather cuirass (chest guard) with metal gauntlets that leave his hands clear are generally all he wears for protection, leaving his speed for that.
Physical Description: 6'4'' Whitefurred wolf with grey lines. A v-shaped mark crests his brow and is a bit of a birth mark.
Background: Varen used to be the healer that had supplemented his knowledge of minor healing magics with his considerable knowledge of beneficial herbs and medicines. Is prone to be quiet and reserved (as he prefers the company of his own thoughts to others), will always reply to a question with as much information as possible, which is helped by his excellent memory. He was forced to leave his village due to it being in the way of an invading army. The local lord was ineffectual in the defense of his lands and soon the land belonged to another. Varen survived the war but his family did not. In an effort to exact revenge, he used his skills in magic tracked down the generals of the invading army and slew them in a way that drew the attention of The Bloodhounds. He received his invitation shortly thereafter.
Specialty: Information gathering.
Able to use Magic?: Yes
Weapons: Although he prefers to use minor spells for combat at any range, Varen does carry weapons. For hand to hand, rapier and main gauche (dueling dagger), but will switch to a light crossbow for anything at range. Also carries a pair of smaller daggers on himself for use as secondaries and tools.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 06:40:14 AM by Otebon12 »
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
Re: Welcome to The Bloodhounds (OOC - Slots Open!!!)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 06:10:17 AM »
Yeah... I'm probably gonna be the most hated student, since I have some morals....

Name: Zavier Deathgrip
Species:Feline
Clothing / Armor: undershirt, dark gray t-shirt-like shirt, black pants, jerkin, lightweight boots, gloves, Ranger cloak
Physical Description:(Check Profile)
Background: Was found on the doorstep of a strict weapons school, where he lived for 14 years until, after a brave display in which he blocked a sword strike from hitting a younger student with his own body, he was accepted into the Bloodhounds.
Although he is a good student, he does have some stipulations, and prefers to get both sides of a story before finishing the job.  Also, he gets nasty pains in one shoulder, an after-effect of blocking the strike.
Specialty: I wanna say "being a pain in the rear"... but I'll go with Tracking.
Weapons: Returning dagger, hidden blades, endless throwing knives, rapier; VERY good at fencing and shurikenjitsu.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 05:14:58 PM by Cifero F. Windtail »
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline [Sov]

• Your Local Neurotic Hyena
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • One more word and you wont survive.
    • Awards
  • Species: Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown stripes, sandy colored fur
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Build: Curvy~
  • Currently: Neurotic!
Welcome to The Bloodhounds (OOC - Slots Open!!!)
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 07:57:01 PM »
Otebon, I'm creating a new character for this RP. So I'm interested but will need a bit of time to organize my newest character.
I am closed for commissions. See my furaffinity for pricing.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

Wanna find me in other places?

FurAffinity::Twitter

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 09:48:13 PM »
I am intrested in joining as well but it is going to take me a bit before i can do the wright-up.
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 11:25:55 PM »
Excellent to have so many jump on at once! Please, take your time and make a truly memorable character!

To Cifero - Please remember that it the world is medieval in nature, so syringes (in your weapons loadout) does not quite fit the technology. Other than that, it sounds fantastic.

Post Merge: November 26, 2011, 06:17:38 PM
Tonight and most of tomorrow, I will not be able to check this OOC thread to check characters and such. For that reason, if you have already posted that you wish to create a character for this RP, please do so at your own pace and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Really excited to get this underway!!!

--- --- ---

Alright, I have yet to speak with DarylDemented (timing differences kinda suck that way...) currently the story will begin with our team getting our mission from the leaders of The Bloodhounds. They are an interesting pair, but I suggest that you don't aggravate them. One of them is a bit of a stuck-up prig and the other is a bit psychotic...

After we have received our mission, you will be given a post or two to ask questions and then we will be underway. DarylDemented or I will take care of the travel jump, then we will be in a major city where we can "pick up the trail" of Saker.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 06:17:38 PM by Otebon12, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 10:02:34 AM »
Name:  Kaihautu "Creature" Datu
Species:  Demon
Clothing / Armor: Black Knee Breeches, Red 3 Quarter Sleeve Tunic, Knee High Leather Boots, 2-piece steel chest plate, Gladiator Helmet, Steel Leg Armour, an additional full suit of steel armor. (Like this one, but imagine it to fit a demon with horns)
Physical Description: 6'10'' Brownish grey skin/scales, fire red mane, and feathers in his wings, teal swirl magic markings on his shoulders, neck, face, lower arms, sides, and lower back.
Background: Kaihautu had been part of the noble family, Datu, until his village was invaded and his Father, Aergad Datu, put up a fight defending his village. However, Aergad and the other nobles, soldiers, and men of war were unable to keep the incoming attacks from infiltrating his village. The village was taken over, and burned to the ground, Kaihautu watched his Father be stabbed through the heart and the blue blood of the demon beast run to the ground. Kaihautu ran through the village and took note of the leader's face, a pack of wolves, lead by a white wolf with a red scar across his left eye. At the mere age of 13, Kaihautu spent the next 10 years perfecting his sword fighting, and magic techniques. At age 23, Kaihautu claimed his revenge, however in the battle he lost the use of his right wing, rendering him completely unable to fly. The bottom of his right wing was burnt off, and there is a hole in the top of it, preventing it from closing fully. The Bloodhounds took notice to his overthrow of the wolf pack, and reigning leader who seemed to destroy villages for fun, and wanted his anger in their ranks. Kaihautu gained his nickname, "Creature" after the killings, and his control of his natural magic skills. It's not often you see a haired, feathered, and scaled demon of nobility.
Specialty: Fighting.
Able to use Magic?: Yes.
Weapons: Steel Shield, 34" Hand-and-a-Half Sword, 38" Two-Hand Baron Sword, Two Steel Mace, One Feast Dagger, Dark Elf Horsebow, 15 arrows.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 10:10:43 AM by Jovial Sparkplug »

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 02:29:37 PM »
To Jovi-

Assuming I'm reading your character entry correctly, you are a 6'10'' demon (as per given illustration) in full plate, carrying (I would guess) an extra 60 lbs in weapons, that specializes in both one handed and two handed combat (with or without shield), that uses magic, but cannot fly?

If I'm reading that right, it sounds great! You are accepted, and it looks like the group has it's muscle!

I do like that you kept track of your arrows (though I won't be such a taskmaster and force that), but I do have a few questions:

1) When you wrote "Two Steel Mace" does that mean you have two maces or is it a two-handed mace?
2) What is a "Feast Dagger"?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 03:32:38 PM by Otebon12 »

Offline darryldemented

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Species: wolf
  • Coloring: gray fur with black stripe down the middle of back
  • Height: 6'0
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: drooling as i wonder what is for lunch <3
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 03:58:41 PM »
sorry guys ive been away for  a bit but i am back now

i cant wait to begin this rp. :)
my character sheet is as follows:

Name:  jesse
species:  wolf

clothing/armour jesse wears black shadow armour. it is comletely black and is weighs next to nothing. its kind of like the dark brotherhoods shadow armor in Oblivion howver jesse had it modified so that it is not a jump suit and the breast plate shoulders and knees are made of black steel.
Physical description: jesse is a dark grey anthromorphic wolf who is 5'11 and is slender and muscular. he has a scar on his right cheek and a black streak of fur going down his back to tail tip.
 Specialty: stealth and close range combat.
Able to ue magic?: Yes.
weapons:
 jesse uses a red stee kanat that is about 4 foot long. he also has a few daggers.

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 05:34:02 PM »
Don't really think it's necessary, as DarylDemented is a coAuthor of this very RP, but accepted.

Will ask that you post a background however.

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
Welcome to The Bloodhounds (OOC - Slots Open!!!)
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 07:10:51 PM »
That is correct. I'm very excited about  my demon character. You read it exactly right. Creature is gyhugic, brawny, and because of an injury to his right wing he can't fully close it, or use it to fly.

Answers to your questions: I have two single handed mace's.
A feast dagger is just a type of dagger used for cutting meat.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 07:44:21 PM »
Um... speaking of wings, I just realized that my character has them too.. and can fly with them.

You see, when I put physical description down, I put (Check Profile).... and I have wings.

JUST realized that.

Wanted to give you a heads-up.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline darryldemented

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Species: wolf
  • Coloring: gray fur with black stripe down the middle of back
  • Height: 6'0
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: drooling as i wonder what is for lunch <3
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 01:03:06 AM »
my apologies

Background: Jesse comes from a small village of hard working wolves. during his childhood his village was attacked and all of his family and friends were murdered. during the attack Jesse was searching for his family and ran into a bandit the bandit identified himself as a mercenary under lord saker. (the very same one we are hunting now. he fought the bandit nobly but in his anger he rushed to quickly for a killing blow and the bandit got the best of him. the bandit knocked him to the ground and sliced his face open with his dagger. he thought to teach Jesse a lesson and then proceeded to beat Jesse until he blacked out. Jesse then awoke to find the village torched and everyone from the chickens (non speaking) to his family and friends had been killed. he vowed to master the arts of battle and combat magic and make saker and his men pay no matter what the cost.  he sake out a master for years until he stumbled upon otebon in the mountains. otebon gave him a chance to earn the right to be taught. he went through a trial period of training most of it was grunt work, any tedious task otebon had. a month passed and he proved him self  worthy to be trained. a year or two passed and he had learned much and gained a powerful ally. after his training was complete he made to go it alone. raiding and freeing small villages under Saker's rule. the bloodhounds took note of this and allowed him to join their ranks. Jesse then petitioned Otebon to join. and he did so they both proved themselves by eliminating a politician here and a mage there. after wards Jesse took it up with the leaders of the bloodhounds to put together a team to slay saker. (and here we are)

(jesse also has a minor fear of daggers, when he sees them anger at the bandits overcomes him and he becomes irrational and thus even more deadly, as long as he trusts the wielder this doesn't happen)

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 03:57:28 AM »
i am sorry i do wish to be in this Rp but i am not going to be able to be on for a while dew to my health, and my involvement in other RP's.  :'(
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 05:31:01 AM »
-Cifero-

Wings are cool. I knew that when I read your character description. I only mentioned the wing issue to Jovi because her story seemed very tied to her wings and the story had some turns. I just wanted to be sure that I had all the details correct. A flying tracker is totally acceptable.

-DarylDemented- (though all should read as it pertains to the "lore" of the RP)

Back story is accepted, as long as we all understand that Otebon is one of the Bloodhound trainers. This relates back to the RP assistance that you, DarylDemented, and I went through (Link here for everyone else : http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=18499.0 ).

-Jovi-

Thanks for clearing that up for me. When you wrote "Feast" with capitals, I thought you were trying to have a specific weapon that I would have to research. If it's just a type of dagger, then great.

-Kaya-

You make me sad!  :'(  This is going to be the second RP that I've started and you can't join. Is there anything we can do to help you out? We may not be starting for a few days, so you have some time...

-To All-

Alright then everyone. We have 4 players (DarlyDemented, Cifero, Jovi, and myself). I will begin to set up a posting order (please remember to try and post withing 18 hours after the person in front of you in the order). For this, I will need times that you can be on to post. I also would like a short description of how your character reacts in a waiting room so that, when I create the first post and set up the briefing, I can move through it smoothly and bring the story to it's first true movements. Fear not, I just want to be able to intro all the characters and bring everyone together into the meeting that will launch our mission.

So your homework is...
Please post the following:

-Times you can be on to post.
-a short description of how your character will act in a "waiting room" like situation with the other characters.

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 05:39:37 AM »
I have random times for my posting. I can be anywhere in the posting order. I adapt well. I use the tapatalk app on my iphone at school, and when I'm home late and in for the night, I'm usually on the forum. Also, I'm on EST.

Creature is going to act exactly the way Creature will always act. He doesn't trust anyone fully, so he'll be quiet, technical, and on edge.

Ps: I only posted Feast in caps because I had posted everything else in caps so I wanted to be consistent.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 05:42:58 AM by Jovial Sparkplug »

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place