The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Write a Paragraph, push the story  (Read 13048 times)

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When god closes a door, I plant a breaching charge
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: African Painted Dog
  • Coloring: Black, red and white.
  • Height: Standing: short. Sitting: Slightly... taller?
  • Weight: 97.000000000000017 Kg
  • Build: Medium build, muscular.
  • Currently: Working on the sweetest sciences
Re: Write a Paragraph, push the story
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2012, 09:35:24 PM »
Yekaterina furrowed her brow and returned to her work, speaking as she cooked "You're almost as bad as he is. Almost... So, you say a man has hired him? And that you know this man as well?" She again turned to face him as she spoke "Then be wary. The Zat I knew would never fall into mercenary work, but he always had a lust for blood." She sounded almost weary as she said this, now looking towards the shuttered window. "He was a patriot, then he was a conscript, now he's an errand runner and I suspect a guard or soldier. But what about you? Your weapon denotes you a man of action, but you're not cut of the same cloth as he... You're something different..." Yekaterina trailed off silently, and fell in entirely with her work. The only sound was the sizzling of fat on the stove.

I had no idea where to take that.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 09:37:10 PM by Aoren Deringer »
  • Avatar by: Myself, during an experiment with inversion.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
-Aoren Rekner Ilon Deringer, F.D.F. Mechanised Unit Commander, Four Stars.

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: No longer a member
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2012, 09:41:03 PM »
You know what, I tried to give Yakatarina something that made her unique. Did I go too far? What are your plans for this sequence for I really don't have anything...
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2012, 10:51:56 PM »
Oh dear I don't know either! I suppose we could just have Zat come back to relieve some tensions :/
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2012, 10:54:44 PM »
What if we explored Zat's interactions? Explored his character a bit?

I personally want to see what he does when he's alone. If you'd like to do that, I give you first shot. He was your idea.
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2012, 11:33:39 PM »
Hmm, alright. I'll give it a go. Although I don't really know where to go with that, either xD

Zat walked through Alma Nox silently. Yekaterina had told him that there was a garage of sorts at the other end of the village, owned by an aquantence by the name of Ramone. It wasn't a far walk, but he figured it was best to take his time and survey the people. Most of them were disfigured in some way, broken down as they washed out of the various programs. None of them seemed local, and there was a great variety in their clothing and, he assumed, their languages.

Eventually he made it to Ramone's garage, and entering saw exactly what he needed; a beat-down ATV large enough for two, and a thick Minsk motorcycle. Ramone was nowhere to be found, and Zat fingered the cash in his pocket, his finger mechanically slipping through the false lining into position on the OC-33 he kept on his hip. "Ramone?" Silence, and then a clanking noise as Ramone emerged, a fairly diminitive figure for his breed, with thick gold-blonde hair "Yes?" He asked somewhat tentatively. Zat smiled and thumped the cash, several thousand, onto the Minsk and nudged his head in the direction of it and the ATV. He grined slightly and growled "I've come to strike a deal."

Yeesh, I dunno. Any thoughts on it?
- Sjin

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2012, 05:15:00 AM »
Ramone looked down at the money hungrily. He glanced up at the Newcomer with thoughts of cheating him, but that went away quickly when he caught sight of his guest's size. Even in the dark, Zat was an imposing figure. Add in his arrogant stance, eyes reflecting what little light there was in the room, and his powerful presence he was a force to be reckoned with. "Yes... sir," Ramone said as he struggled to remember his manners. "I'm guessing you want the ATV?"

"Wrong," Zat said gruffly. "I want the ATV and the Minsk and I want them ready for me tomorrow morning."

Well then... if neither of us really has a plan, then maybe we should spend a bit of time PMing and come up with one? I have a general plan, but it's just following the already-laid-out plan.

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
« Reply #96 on: March 17, 2012, 02:31:04 PM »
Pardon me, I'll just jump in here.

Ramone looked around nervously. "I.. I can't give you the Minsk." Zat growled, a dull sound like thunder in theclouds. "And why not." Ramone whimpered. "Who is currently holding the Minsk?"  Ramone quivered; Zat was a tropical storm, and Ramone was but a young tree, only just reaching into the canopy. "Well, I-I can't.. um. I can-" Zat grew impatient. "Well? Spit it out, pup!" Ramone's eyes flashed furiously for a moment, showing the fire he had inside, but it quickly wavered, and extinguished. "Um... Yekatari-" Zat turned to a wall and punched it. The entire garage shook with the blow. After a moment, he calmed. Turning to Ramone, he realized that the man was genuinely afraid. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." Zat said. "I really need to control my anger." Ramone gulped, and smiled weakly. "If you say so." Zat nodded. He turned to leave, but Ramone called out. "Aren't you going to take the ATV?" Zat smiled, and shook his head. "I'm going to talk with Katya."

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2012, 06:00:49 PM »
Zat was enraged walking back. Slowly the walk turned into a jog and the jog into a sprint. Soon he was running my instinct, running parrallel to the ground at great speed. He wasn't angry at her yet, he didn't know why she reserved it, he was angry at the situation, at being denied his suplies. He was running at Katya's door. He didn't bother oppening it, just slapped into it.

New chapter?

Otebon was still standing there awkeardly when suddenly the whole house shook violently and without warning. He instinctively jumped for his pistol and faced the door in a firing position. Yekaterina seemed unbothered and called out "Come in!" almost cheerfully. Zat opened the door slowly and deliberately, looking at Yekaterina with a pained look on his face.
- Sjin

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2012, 04:36:25 AM »
"YEKETA-" Zat started in a rage, but she stopped him before he even got going. "No!" She yelled right back, shutting him up. "Don't you dare start. You just up and left me out to dry all those years ago and you aren't getting away that easily." Zat opened his mouth, but she bowled right over him again. "I bought Ramone's Minsk because when you leave, you're talking me out of here. End of story." She turned to Otebon. "Put that thing away before you put someone's eye out." Her voice was calm and level as though nothing out of the ordinary had happened. "The food will be ready in a minute or two. There are a few things I just remembered I needed to do." With that she walked right past Zat and out the door, closing it firmly behind her.

Otebon and Marcus looked to Zat, confused by the whole thing. "You heard her," he said roughly. "Put that pea-shooter away before you piss me off."

Sorry. I've fallen in love with Yekatarina.  ^_^

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2012, 04:51:38 PM »
She's certainly becoming quite the character  X3

Zat looked around tensly, and then he stopped for a momentm, pausing to calm himself "Otebon, where is my deer?" there was a tone of deadly seriousness to his voice as he said this. Otebon quickly glanced at Marcus, and then back at Zat- he had forgotten about the deer "I don't... Don't know." He was wary of aggrivating Zat.

Zat's eye twitched slightly, and then he slumped over and Otebon thought he heard him whisper "Chyort" and fall back into a chair, holding his forehead "Some of the washouts stole my kill." He shot Otebon a most condemning look, and he couldn't look into Zat's eyes. He knew it was his fault for letting it out of his sight, that was not Zat's job. His insticts told him to leave, but there was nowhere for him to go and his mind consoled him I had to watch Yekaterina...
- Sjin

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2012, 02:59:08 AM »
Wait... What am I thinking? Otebon literally shook himself as he turned to deal with the cooking meal. It's not my job to watch the kill... uh... carcass. I haven't been struck this hard by those damn instincts since my time in The Company. Otebon continued Yeketarina's stirring and went to taste the stew she'd laid out for them. It wasn't bad, but it needed more salt. I better get this under-control otherwise I'll start baying at moon and running on all fours like those New-Age idiots.

Sorry. Writer's block and Homework OP. This is all I can offer at the moment.

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2012, 10:31:50 AM »
"Zat, it's not anyone's fault. We were busy with other things." Marcus said. Zat growled at him. "Busy doing what? Sitting on the prairie, not even guessing that the predators may come after you next? Not knowing that the next day you won't be able to eat? That is no excuse." Zat's eyes seemed to grow sad. "I know this from experience." With a sigh, Zat stepped back, sitting on the couch, and began to fall asleep

Marcus leaned over to Otebon. "See? I told you he had feelings." He whispered jokingly. "I heard that." Zat said. "Wake me when the food is ready. I have a feeling that if I stay awake, I will either kill someone or curl up into a ball. Neither of which are very presentable of an alpha." Marcus rolled his eyes.

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2012, 04:34:17 AM »
Marcus turned to Otebon, who was dutifully dealing with the stew. The human pointed a thumb at the reclining half-breed and opened his mouth as though to say "are you hearing this guy?" but stopped when he saw Otebon's scowl. Marcus lowered his hand and came up close to Otebon.

"Stop antagonizing him," Otebon whispered fully aware that even a though Zat was a half-breed, he might still be able to hear him. "The more you push him, the more he'll have the pack structure branded directly into his mind. Just let it go man... just let it go..." Otebon took a taste of the stew. It was thin and a bit greasy, but it was hot. He picked it up and turned. "Who's hungry?" he announced.

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2012, 05:59:10 PM »
Barely seconds later they were all sitting at the small table, even Yekaterina relented to being crowded in with her guests. There was little noise save for the clatter of the bent spoons against the cracked bowls. It reminded Otebon of his last dinner, with Mark. How far we've come in one day... The thought rolled around in his head as he looked around the pitiful room. It was obvious that Yekaterina was not entirely of want, as the rest of the hamlet appeared to be, and yet she had very little. Feeling compelled, he looked at her and saw a small, slightly devilish smile grace her face. It was directed at him, and he felt the need to respond to it "So, you will be coming with us to the outpost?"

Zat let loose a vicious growl and Otebon fell silent, aware that he had crossed a line. Nevertheless Yekaterina answered him "Yes I will, and further. I have no real ties here, and this place is doomed; it cannot sustain the number of refugees." Zat lowered his head sulkenly and glanced at her, then at Marcus, and finally Otebon. To Otebon it was obvious that he was on a short leash with Yekaterina.
- Sjin

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2012, 05:30:55 AM »
Otebon returned Zat's glare, reminding himself that a fight for dominance would gain him next to nothing. Maybe some peace and quiet and the ability to get Zat off Marcus' back, but not much else. It would be an unnecessary amount of pain for far too little utility. After keeping Zat's gaze for just a few seconds, Otebon returned to his meal. Throughout all this, Yekatarina laughed lightly.

"Come now Zat," she said when Otebon had lowered his eyes. "Still trying to play the pack leader are we? You really were scared for life when Jeremy beat the living day-lights out of you weren't you?" She laughed and Zat's face went through a remarkable change from surprise, to mortification, to anger in the span of a few seconds.