The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Squad OOC/Discussion/Sign Up  (Read 4014 times)

Offline Ritenger

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox/Vulpix
  • Coloring: Red with white up my chest
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: I'm 63 Kg
  • Build: Slim but with some muscle on the biceps and chest
  • Reference: [link]
The Squad OOC/Discussion/Sign Up
« on: April 13, 2014, 04:58:19 PM »
Hundreds of years in the future, man (and furry) have overpopulated Earth and run out of supplies to sustain even the highest in the patriarchy. In reaction, the "Earthlings" set out across the cosmos, colonizing every planet with the color green.

In their rapid search for planets and supplies, Earth began to fall into anarchy, sparking the idea of "The Alliance".

The "Alliance" was a new government that quickly took over the old government and before long became the intergalactic peace keepers.

You're "part" of an Alliance squad that has been hastily pulled together, holding people from all across the galaxy. Your mission is to investigate why a group of Alliance commandos went missing on a routine scouting on a recently colonized planet.

You're a rag tag buncha soldiers, form the lowliest peasant farmer, to the highest leader of a drug cartel.

This RP will be a "Squad" some starting up with the group, others joining in along the way. (To help people who might join late)

Rules: Standard rules, No meta-gaming, no power playing, be nice, but most of all, have fun  :D

Anyone who wants to join should use this:

Name:

Equipment:

Appearance:

Brief history:

Personality:

As an example, here's my character:

Name: Antonia Braden
Equipment: Standard trooper armor modified to make it lighter and stronger, painted blue. A LMG with a red dot sight and a pair of knuckle dusters. Medical Kit. Binoculars. A bottle of whiskey.
Skills: High pain resistance, if they get through her armour, she can take a while to go down. Above average medical skills. Can handle the recoil of almost any weapon. Highly experienced with all types of guns, especially heavy weapons. Very good at unarmed combat.
Appearance: Tall. Is a Fox. Slender but has plenty of muscle mass. Red iris in left eye from a mission gone wrong. Has a very noticeable cybernetic arm. Has a scar that goes from the bottom of the top of her left eye down to her chin on a slight curve.
Brief history: Was raised in the slums and was constantly put into fist fights with much larger opponents, where she learnt how to use her fists effectively (That kind of sound dirty  ) After turning 21 and winning enough money from the pit fights, she left the slums and quickly joined up with a gang and went onto do many things, good and evil, which earned her a large reputation with large scars to match. After the earth fell, she quickly became a private contractor within the Alliance, doing missions with only the highest pay. After about a year living the high life, she fell into a rut of alcoholism, practically living off of addiction pills and whiskey, after another year she has an epiphany and gained the motivation to take control of her life again. Dealing with her alcoholism, she is trying to gain a name for herself by taking any mission that becomes available. Leading her to join the squad of rag tag people on a high priority mission. Perhaps this is the mission that can finally return her to her glory days? or lead to her untimely death?   
Personality: She is not a people person naturally, and with her alcoholism she is easily irritable. She is a stand up person that shoots first and asks questions later. She is a team player that once she "clicks" with someone, she will open up to them and trust them. But if she sees an opportunity to advance her own ambitions, she will take it without hesitation.

There ya go
 ^_^ Hope to see you around the squad!

Offline Colioli4

• Dancing Dragon
  • One furry for all, all furries for one!!!!!
    • Awards
  • Species: Husky (And part Vulpix/ part Mew: Internet does not lie!!!)
  • Coloring: black and white (more black than white)
  • Height: 1,80 meter
  • Weight: 65 kilo's
  • Build: Lean, stealthy
  • Currently: I haz returnd to ze Forums!!! Hello everyone, and nice to meet ya all!!!
Re: The Squad OOC/Discussion/Sign Up
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 05:16:08 PM »
Alrighty then!!!

Here´s mine:

Name: Zian

Equipment: Light carbon armour with hood, high-powered Sniper Rifle, eye-implant for tactical overview, silenced pistol, dagger.

Skills: Sneaking, using spaceships and most other vehicles, espionage.

Brief History: After finishing his basic training as an Alliance infantry scout, Zian (last name unknown and highly possibly deleted from the Alliance’s archives) was silently recruited by the Order of the Enlightened, an secret organisation that has tried to gain advantage over the ruling classes on Earth from the shadows for thousands of years, never shrinking back from even the harshest measures to gain its goals.

After the destruction of the planet, the surviving members of the Order started to replenish its members, its first new batch of loyalists including Zian. The Order has continued to steer the Alliance from their secret hideouts as it is the largest remaining human force in the known universe, however, some disturbing news has reached their ears. And now Zian, acting as a mercenary of high capabilities and skill, has joined the squad going towards the colony at direct orders of the Order, with his own personal mission always in the back of his mind.

Personality: Zian is a friendly, roguish guy, who doesn’t shrink back from even the biggest of danger, always trusting on his luck and skills to get him out of tight situations alive (some say he is quite mad, but never straight is his face or even in his sight). Although not a perfect team player, he will help his colleagues out if there is trouble on the way, but in the end, he is only and fiercely loyal to the Order and his own, secret mission.

Appearance: Tall and lean. A wolf, with dark brown eyes that are often obscured, like his other facial features, due to his hooded armour. He also has a ritual six-pointed star, the sign of a member of the Order, scarred into his left shoulder, which is easily distinguishable through his black fur.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:45:50 PM by Colioli4 »
  • Avatar by: No avatar found yet... Anyone??? :?

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army.

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pegasus
  • Coloring: Dark Grey fur, blue mane and tail.
  • Height: 6' 5"
  • Build: Rugged, but athletic. Relatively muscular.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 07:57:12 PM »

Name: Silverwind Blade

Equipment:
  • Standard issue semi-powered armour hardsuit with load-bearing pouches and equipment. Coloured in charcoal grey and scarlet trim. Built-in life-support for use as space/hostile-environment suit for up to 8 hours.
  • Full-head helmet w/various sensors (NV, Thermal, HUD and integrated comms)
  • Personal first-aid kit
  • 'Digital Assistant', futuristic version of a tablet computer. Low-level 'Smart OS' AI, various functions. Removable from left forearm 'dock' on armour. Manages/Integrates with armour & weapon functions.
  • Water & Field rations
  • Multi-tool
  • Tactical Kukri Knife (i.e., graphite coated blade, paracord-wrapped handle)
  • Utility/Combat knife
  • .455 cal machine-pistol w/underbarrel light/laser and optional suppressor
  • /50 caliber tri-barrel minigun with stabilizing 'arm' mount, folds to back when not in use. Ammo drum on back. Tied to helmet-visor HUD
  • 6 x machine-pistol magazine
  • Shoulder-mounted semi-automatic smart-grenade launcher, w/variable-fuse frag/anti-armour grenades, tied to helmet visor HUD, fed from rear ammo hopper
Notable Skills:
  • Experienced and trained soldier
  • Expert in driving heavy and light ground vehicles
  • Vehicle gunner
  • Extensive knowledge of heavy weaponry, gunnery and weapons employment.
Appearance:
Not overly tall, but solidly built from a life of military service. Blade has a rugged, grizzled appearance, with scars on his muzzle and the left side of his face, especially around his missing and patch-covered left eye. His left arm is also a cybernetic replacement.
The hard life he's lead shows itself also in the grey in his short brown hair, and around his muzzle, and the lines around his eyes. Nonetheless, he has a glimmer of amusement and mischief in his single remaining warm brown eye, and his voice, though gravelly and rough, is still friendly.
His fur otherwise is rusty orange and a 'dirty white'. When not armoured up, he tends to wear practical, comfortable clothing.

Brief history:
Blade joined the Alliance Military to follow in the footsteps of his father, and his fathers' father. Coming from a long line of military officers, it was no surprise to anyone that he too chose to the join the Alliance.
However, he elected not to go into the Figher Corps, as his predecessors had, and instead opted to go into the Marine Corps. He struggled in places, often being picked out and picked on for his name and assumed privilege of his background, which caused him to lash out in an attempt to get out from under the shadow of his fathers' name. This gave him a reputation as a good soldier, but one who had problems with his temper.
Nonetheless, he beat a path for himself through blood and sweat, and earned a measure of respect in his unit, an armoured cavalry company. His skill as an armour crewman and infantryman was well-respected, and he earned much notice for several instances of performing dangerous and unorthodox operations and tactics to rescue and assist others.
During his time serving with the Alliance military, he was noticed by an officer who was using his power and influence to set up his own 'organization' of power within the structure of the military. Approaching the - at the time - younger and more easily influenced Silverwind, he flattered him with gifts and rewards in an attempt to groom him to join his 'inner circle', but when Blade found out the extent of the officers' corruption within the ranks, he attempted to expose him. Fearing the political and public backlash, the upper echelons of command quietly dealt with the problem, and reassigned Blade somewhere out of the way.
While serving in the backwater - as a commander - Blade was forced to make do with sub-standard and obsolete equipment. When the world he was protecting was attacked by a large force of hostiles, he managed to repel them through the use of clever tactics and improvisation, while sending numerous messages for aid that went unheard until it was too late. While driving off the last thrust of attackers, his vehicle was engaged in a ferocious battle, and he was heavily wounded. Fighting on with a massive head wound that cost him an eye and ruined his arm, he managed to fight off the attackers to the point they retreated.
Having had enough of Alliance bureaucracy, he claimed his retirement and hazard pay, and retired, seeking employment in the private sector as a mercenary, albeit one with a high standard of moral fiber and character.

Personality:
Blade comes across as a 'good 'ol boy' from the country, on account of his roots growing up in a somewhat 'rural' world. He's pretty laid back despite the tough times he's been through, and has a mostly positive attitude, albeit it somewhat gruff. He has little time for 'wallowing' in things, and is very much a no-nonsense guy with little time for people who are out to manipulate others and double-cross them for their own gains - his solution for them is pretty much a bullet for their efforts.
He has no respect or time for those who would prey or use innocents or those weaker and less able than themselves, but resolutely believes for standing up for what you believe in, and has a strong moral code and belief that sees him through, and that he judges others by. While he will not attack anyone without reason or evidence, he will avoid those he does not like or agree with, and be briskly professional with them if needed to deal with them at all.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 11:24:20 AM by SilverwindBlade »
A Sound Like Distant Thunder...
USS Starfire - Star Trek based sci-fi action roleplay.

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
  • Rachet?oh yeah! He is my cousins friend.greet guy!
  • Species: lombax
  • Coloring: regular
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: little above average
  • Currently: doing good
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 09:07:21 PM »
Will post later. (When my family cools down.) :S

Space is a place I can't wait to go to. All the time in reality. And yet I long for the end, not because I want it to end, but because I'm curious of how this world ends and where all these souls go to when they breath no more. But till then I'll be having the time of my life! :)

FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline Ritenger

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 03:33:58 AM »
Aww... we'll wait  ^_^

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 11:10:46 AM »
Right, edited my post to get my character sheet up. Sorry for the delay, I was a little busy!

Offline Ritenger

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 11:54:09 AM »
Love him! A real sorta paladin character ^.^ I could imagine him clashing with my character considering the differences in morals  ;)

Oh, and I like the amount of detail you put into it  ^_^  Puts mine to shame  XD

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 12:00:35 PM »
I like playing honourable and noble characters who are tinged with a bit of aggression and viciousness. After all being good doesn't mean you have to be nice, or soft either. Or naive and stupid. Defend the weak, punish the injust... with extreme prejudice.

And yeah, I really like writing and roleplaying, so I tend to put a lot of effort into characters and RP easily. It's why I'm frustrated that no one's shown any interest in any of my game proposals so far! Glad I can join in this one though.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 06:18:01 AM by SilverwindBlade »

Offline Colioli4

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
  • Currently: I haz returnd to ze Forums!!! Hello everyone, and nice to meet ya all!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 10:24:35 AM »
Great that you're in!  ^_^

We can all learn a lot of the extreme detail you use in your character sheet! Love it! Would be interesting if that mysterious 'inner circle' had to do with the Order my character belongs to!  ;)

Hope to start soon!!!

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
The Squad OOC/Discussion/Sign Up
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 05:18:14 PM »
Name:Nixon monto

Equipment: scout things. A silenced pistol, night vision gear, an ar sniper rifle, grappling hook, water bottle.

Appearance: 6'5" slim, not to strong, black and green outfit that does not sag. A lombax (and if you don't know what that is look it up and imagine him taller and more manly.)

Brief history: raised in a Suburb by a wealthy family. Dad left and disappeared. Mother was sad for ever. Graduated high school and went to the army.   

Personality: smart and objective. The task at hand comes first. Takes orders but will question them if they seem non important.

Skills: perfect at Recon and finding a way in.

(That should do it..I think)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:47:29 AM by nixon/monto »
Space is a place I can't wait to go to. All the time in reality. And yet I long for the end, not because I want it to end, but because I'm curious of how this world ends and where all these souls go to when they breath no more. But till then I'll be having the time of my life! :)

FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline Ritenger

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 06:41:56 PM »
Cool!

You forgot you skills :P

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 06:19:25 AM »
To be fair, the skills section isn't actually on the character sheet template - I added it in because it was on the other sheets >.>

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 09:46:00 AM »
Soooo? Do we need more people?

FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline Colioli4

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 10:17:28 AM »
Guess not. If other people want to join later, I guess they can ask and join in on a later time in the story.

Four is enough for a squad, right?  ^_^

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 10:19:09 AM »
Should be...for us! ;)

FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!