The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Questions about a story with raccoon and a snake in love  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Rocketeer Raccoon

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Grey with Black masked face and a Black and White striped tail.
  • Height: 5' 8
  • Build: Slender
Questions about a story with raccoon and a snake in love
« on: November 10, 2015, 01:21:06 AM »
Well I've been trying to write this epic story for like forever about a raccoon called Rudy with a jet pack who saves the world from anthropomorphic diseases and he has a naga snake called Sarah for a girlfriend. Now of course I understand that it's my story and I should do what I wish with it but there's things I'm just not sure about.
  • Her snake species. Apparently Ball Pythons are my favourite real life snakes but then I love this design colouring scheme from this snake, [Link] either as a cobra or with hair wig so I just don't know what to pick?
  • Where they first met? Even to this day I still don't know how to set-up their first time together.
  • Realistically what chances does a slim built raccoon that looks like this [link] have to gain her affections? I'm just scared that he has no chance with her because generally women just want attractive men with muscles  plus in this case for other snakes. That would mean out of his league? :( If that were the case then that part of the story would be screwed up. Otherwise if the succeeding path, what reasons would she like about him?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 10:42:54 AM by Rocketeer Raccoon »

Offline RiverTheKitty

• Avid Aardvark
  • Take me as I am, or get the hell out.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Pink marbled fur, with black hair
  • Height: 6'2''
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Lean and Slim, but muscular
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Putting off studying for AP Human Geo :D
Re: Questions about a story with raccoon and a snake in love
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 10:14:51 PM »
I can help with the "How would they fall in love" part  :)

Humor. She can perhaps fall in love with his humor. Scrawny heroes are a lot of the time beloved for their ability to make anyone laugh and make anything into a joke. Perhaps a sense of humor would be the thing she falls for :3

Secondly, I love the ref you posted, and I think that would be awesome. But if you can't decide, then perhaps have a cobra with ball python patterning? It is a fictional story after all.
If you are an furry,  it means that you can see a special kind of beauty in life - special because most people CAN'T see it through their delicate little first impressions and social conditioning. There is beauty in EVERY image, no matter what the subject matter, because beauty comes from artistic intent and integrity.

Offline FinnegansWake

• Avid Aardvark
  • Auribus Teneo Lupum
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Great Pyrenees (hybrid) Mythical-type background
  • Coloring: Dark colors mixed with lights
  • Height: Large, dire-wolf size
  • Weight: I'm made of stardust, so you would be surprised about my weight
  • Build: Skinny, but built
  • Currently: Having a sick day from school :(
Re: Questions about a story with raccoon and a snake in love
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 05:48:01 PM »
Beautiful story idea! I think that there is a lot of potiental in this story that can be unlocked with character traits and backstories of their love.

As the Rudy is a raccoon who is slim-built physically, I think the character could have a number of emotionally and psychologically attractive traits: good sense of humor, intelligence, wit, friendliness, talent in creative subjects, and, of course, bravery in the face of distress, danger, and hard choices. That could serve as also driving the plot  :D

I think the ref you posted was beautiful. As riverthekitty brought up, this is a work of fiction, so you could try a lot of different species/color combinations that also could contribute to her overall character. Just make sure you like her look. Personally I think ball pythons are very pretty  :)

And for the question on how they met... I think you could do a lot with this. Rudy and Sarah's current jobs, friends, shared interests and personality traits could be taken into account for that big day/spiritual moment. Maybe they had similar jobs, she/he saved the other faithfully, Sarah had a disease he cured, or even something supernatural brought them together. Anyway, I think their strong bond as a couple could add to a theme of faith and togetherness through the piece  ;)
Finnegan in the sky with burning balls of plassss-ma
~ Promoting intelligence and togetherness within the fandom ~
+Are you a furry who is also involved with the society of Mensa? Contact me!+