Author Topic: A Question to all Furries  (Read 3751 times)

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
A Question to all Furries
« on: January 01, 2011, 04:47:08 PM »
Have any of you been split between personality and preference? I'll explain.

Upon creating your fursona(s), you add things and subtract, decide on traits and personalities maybe. Like how some mammals have unnatural long and furry tails or even more than just one tail, ears that would not fit the species life in nature and so on. When doing this, have you ever been split between thinking it's something that you like, that looks cool and you want, and thinking it's a type of thing that would fit your personality or your fursona's?
Have you ever thought that your fursona should have (or be without) something not because it'd be cool but because it's an important trait? In an obvious example; let's pretend someone had an accident in real life that left a big scar on their body and it's ugly, but gave their life a new and better meaning. They also added that scar to their fursona just because of that. Or if someone connects a certain colour to their life or an important memory, and adds that?

Have you ever wanted something but decided not to because you truly feel that it wouldn't fit you, that it would even be a lie (even if it would be darn cool or cute or hot)?

I'm not experiencing a dilemma here for myself, I'm just wondering what you guys think about this.

Moreover...
I've seen some fursonas here that are quite inventive and interesting. Like a stitched up lizard with button eyes as an example. What makes those of you that have these, make these?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 04:55:22 PM by Pilose »

Offline Jaggs

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm now pony
    • Awards
  • Species: Uinicorn Pony
  • Coloring: Red body, Yellow mane/tail
  • Height: 5'
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: slim and muscular
Re: A Question to all Furries
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 08:02:57 PM »
Well in the creation of Jaggsky I gave him the ability to generate two extra tails that can act as arms and/or legs(kinda like a monkeys tail) for help in drumming and sailing. As well as his coloring matches my drum kit(black(shell) & chrome(hardware))
"Sail Tough or STAY home" Back of Ship 6 t-shirt

Offline Buddywolf

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Otterly Delicious!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Currently: I am going back to places I once visited frequently! For a short time :D
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 08:11:11 PM »
Ive mixed my most commonly known fursona with other traits then eventually just put them in a new fursona.  But yea, I have experamented with multi tails and stuff
Yeeeah! flyin through space and time!

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 08:20:57 PM »
There's pretty much a personality reason behind every single feature of my fursona. Colors, markings, species, build, etc. It's the main reason why I've been so content with keeping my fursona, I think, because she reflects just about every aspect of me in one way or another. The fursonas I had before my current one weren't much beyond that idea of "well this is cool, so I guess I'll use this." It just didn't really feel as personal to me.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline kosu

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline - Somali Housecat
  • Coloring: Sorrel (red fur)
  • Height: 5'10
  • Weight: 120 lbs.
  • Build: Slender
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 09:12:21 PM »
My fursona is totally wizard.   B)

I dunno if mine was preference or personality actually >.< I knew I was a housecat, and then the whole black fur with specially located white areas of fur just :P came to mind.  I enjoy being cute ^.~ so I made what I thought was a cute kitty.  I dunno, question perplexes me.

Offline Righteousbro

• Eager Elephant
  • Ekuamahtava
  • Species: Tiger/kitteh
  • Coloring: White and black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 09:41:02 PM »
I started off just random stuff, then I kinda added more and more too it. Originally it was mostly just a cool thing, then I started to fit it to my desires. Now my fursona is basically a representation of everything I can imagine that I want, any traits I want are put into him, whether obtainable or not.

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 09:45:02 PM »
How long did I take for you guys to "complete" your fursonas to what they are right now? Have you changed much since toy started? I'm asking not only because I am still fairly new to this whole thing but also because I'm curious about you.

Offline Righteousbro

• Eager Elephant
  • Ekuamahtava
  • Species: Tiger/kitteh
  • Coloring: White and black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 09:50:29 PM »
How long did I take for you guys to "complete" your fursonas to what they are right now? Have you changed much since toy started? I'm asking not only because I am still fairly new to this whole thing but also because I'm curious about you.

For me, I'm still not complete. I change it constantly, that's why I never really post a "story" for him, even though I have one it'll probably change in half an hour. When I first started I was an ordinary red tiger, now I have several feature that I added and changed. To get to the basic principles of what it is now it took 'til about 2-4 months ago, and I made the 'sona in April.

Offline CrazyCat

• Handsome Horse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Domestic Cat
  • Coloring: gray fur with white belly, chest, and paws.Tip of the tail is also white. Has green eyes.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 65kg
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: A Nervous Wreck
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 09:59:44 PM »

My fursona hasn't changed from the time I created it. Except for the pyrokinesis thing, but that's because I've always been obsessed with fire for as long as I can remember. The paper hat I just added a few months ago because I thought it would look cool.
There's no wrong way to eat a Reese's
There's no right way to eat a Rhesus

Offline TechRoo

• The furry Programmer
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your anthro programmer...
    • Homepage
    • Awards
  • Species: Kangaroo
  • Coloring: blue / green
  • Height: 6'3 / 1,91M
  • Weight: 154Lbs / 70Kg
  • Build: Sporty/bouncy
  • Currently: Oh no.... This IS my happy face.....
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 10:04:52 PM »
I am still trying to find a permanent fursona. Right now i am changing them faster than i change underwear  ^_^.
But i guess i try to make it as much of a representation of me as i can, both the good and "bad" parts.
So no muscular tough guy character for me...... ;)
-Trixsie Vixen "Chuck Norris called me Skippy once...  Once!"

Offline Z1FF

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Being the big bad wolf ain't my style
    • Awards
  • Species: Malamute
  • Coloring: Light Green and Black. One blue eye, one purple. Dark grey hair.
  • Height: 5 ' 9''
  • Weight: 190 pounds
  • Build: looks good. good abs, good biceps,just.. good looking
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 10:14:31 PM »
well, i did with Dakes what i can't do/have. beeing free. traveling. the green colour is the peace i want around me/ inside of me.

Dakes didn't change a heck from my original idea, i just forgot the black patern he have near the stomach...but its better without it
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 11:13:58 PM by Z1FF »
FA; http://www.furaffinity.net/user/z1ff/

i'm on FA, on FN, on furfinder, on wiki, on TFF, on google, on msn, on PSN, on youtube, on servimg, on e-monsite, on anything you can ask for but not fb... ^^
I really love and use too much the '' ... ''

Offline Jaggs

• Chatty Cheetah
  • I'm now pony
    • Awards
  • Species: Uinicorn Pony
  • Coloring: Red body, Yellow mane/tail
  • Height: 5'
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: slim and muscular
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 10:38:10 PM »

seeing as He's hasn't existed for long he's not completely done, but some things are set in stone tho. Also i had originally planed on giving Jaggsky a piercing to go with the mohawk but shot down the idea because I'd never ever do that to my self in RL
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 10:48:56 PM by Jaggsky »
"Sail Tough or STAY home" Back of Ship 6 t-shirt

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 03:33:10 PM »

I had my first fursona about 5 or 6 years ago, which was a cat. Not a lot of thought put into it. Then I had a blue dragon scalesona for a little while. Still not a lot of thought into it, but I was starting to think about what kind of things would reflect my personality. Later on I switched to a cat/dragon, though it had random coloring that didn't mean much. And I finally nailed down what I wanted her to look like about 2-3 years ago. There have been some very minor changes to her since, but overall she's stayed the same since then.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Z1FF

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Being the big bad wolf ain't my style
    • Awards
  • Species: Malamute
  • Coloring: Light Green and Black. One blue eye, one purple. Dark grey hair.
  • Height: 5 ' 9''
  • Weight: 190 pounds
  • Build: looks good. good abs, good biceps,just.. good looking
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 05:24:14 PM »
i had a red wolf before, named Asaka. i kept her 2 years, but it wasn't me at all =D
FA; http://www.furaffinity.net/user/z1ff/

i'm on FA, on FN, on furfinder, on wiki, on TFF, on google, on msn, on PSN, on youtube, on servimg, on e-monsite, on anything you can ask for but not fb... ^^
I really love and use too much the '' ... ''

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2011, 08:27:32 PM »
Mm it's quite interesting reading about this, I gotta say. I feel very newbish on the area since my first fursona was created while I entered here.

I also like to peer into other people's minds, heh heh.