Author Topic: whats it like being furry for you  (Read 6916 times)

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf/snow leopard
  • Coloring: light blue, white and black
  • Height: 7 foot 5 inches
  • Weight: thin
  • Build: medium light
  • Currently: eh
whats it like being furry for you
« on: March 08, 2011, 11:27:23 PM »
lots of people have different walks of life being a fur...some live in socialy accepting states and can therefore be open and free about there furself..and they have loving families that care not whethere there heart belongs to that of two legs or four.
they have lots of friends and couldnt possibly be a happier fur

but ive seen others whom cant be fury anywhere but in there own heads and online, and sometimes not even that.
i always wonderd why some have it so much harder than others being fur, and what are there tales?

myself...ive been a fur since i was 15, and an out of the closet fur since i was 17...for the most part i dont really get much hate, i meet the occational person that comments "ehh....furrys arent for me..i think there kinda weird" but thats it, i lived a pretty hate free life as far as being a fur goes..ive never told my family im a furry mostly cause i never talk to them about ANYTHING cause it just never ends well anyhow so why let them in on it when i know they would just think im gonna need more meds to "fix that too"
i have no fur friends here, but my mate loves me regardless though he is strictly human. he doesnt like nor hate furs.

its nice to be able to be open about myself but some dont get that chance..they have to hide

why is that..what is your story, did you come out of the closet? did it go well or not? are you still in hiding?
if your out, then did they accept you? did they shun you? or did nothing happen at all?
whats your furry life like..how do you live it..open or closed
share with us! we all want to know what being furry means to you!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 11:50:16 PM by KaprikaAZ »

<-------this ish me :3  

Shadow hide you..

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
Re: whats it like being furry for you
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 12:27:30 AM »
i am definitely still in hiding from my family and some close friends. for others my policy is, if they ask, i'll just say yes and leave it at that. why should i care if they know? my family on the other hand are sure to be haters, i already learned it from my brother's reaction after he snooped around my iPhone history and found the forums after stealing my iPhone...
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 12:49:45 AM »
yeah. i really dont see why alot of people feel it NECISARY to tell there family. they fret and worry and pull there hair out wether they will acept it or not. but in reality its not like coming out gay...when your gay ya gotta come out some time cause you love men...there EVENTUALY gonna have to know, you know...living with them and all there gonna notice you dating men

but furry? i dont find it as necissary to tell them

Shadow hide you..

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 12:50:33 AM »
i'm still annoyed that my brother thought he had the right to look on my iPhone, and look through my personal stuff and then start calling me furfag..

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 12:52:43 AM »
woah...now THATS innapropriate right there, ignorant people...*shakes head*

Shadow hide you..

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 12:53:18 AM »
good thing he didn't find my more locked away stuff...eeesh...

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 12:54:26 AM »
does your family know your interest in men?

Shadow hide you..

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 12:55:14 AM »
*shakes head vigorously no*

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 12:59:23 AM »
so you must be real used to being secrative...but wow...imagine if they found out you like men AND your a furry.
GOD they would loose there F'n minds..

Shadow hide you..

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 01:26:13 AM »
Its fun being a furry in public. I wear my collar everywhere and I get weird looks and my co-workers think its gaudy or something, I wasnt really paying attention. I came out to my parents about a year ago, and my mom tries to be supportive, but shes having trouble with it, I can tell. Im like Drake too, where if people ask, Ill tell them, but I wont initiate the conversation my self. Heck, I cant remember the last time I was happy before I found the forums and came out. Its all a way to express my inner feelings in a way that Im comfortable with. If people have a problem with that, thats too dang bad.

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 05:04:34 AM »
on the forums I am me, who else could i ever be?? my furry, gay self X3

Offline Haxor

• Maverick Hunter
  • Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Is that all you got?
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Black fur, white hair, and mask, with white stripes on my tail
  • Height: 5"6
  • Weight: 135
  • Build: toned
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 05:13:12 AM »
for me, it hasnt been 2 bad. My friend was the 1st furry, i saw what it was like, liked it so now ima fur. Family, i won't talk 2 about this unless they ask (doubt they ever will, but if i feel like i should tell them i will) My state is pretty alright with furs, most of my other non-fur friends don't particularly mind that im 1, though at 1st they did think it was weird. Though in my state..... kind of hard 2 tell who is a fur and who isnt...... mostly bc the style in South Cali right now is with wearing fake raccoon looking tails.....
Mavericks are a blight of the world, and its my job to eradicate them.

Sona done by: lock-wolf.tumblr.com/

Offline Drago Strega

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Hear me and my mighty ROAR!
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Clear/Silverish-white
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 09:13:10 PM »
I've just recently admitted to myself that I'm a furry after looking back on the evidence in my life and realizing that I was always pretty much a furry ever since I was in elementary school. Now I just am kinda a lone ranger seeking out company on my journey through this crazy existence that I now live. And I'm also a 23 year old female pagan wiccan living with her human boyfriend who's pretty clueless about my true persona, along with my family who are Catholic. I can only imagine the headache I'd be getting if people found out about me...but I guess there is no harm in sticking to the shadows and keeping quiet, at least it's safe. People scare me more than any preditor. I wonder though how long I can remain hidden at the rate I'm going. :? 
I am that I am, even if only for a moment. And I will always try despite my flaws to summon what I can to become better than what I was.

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 10:10:00 PM »
I've just recently admitted to myself that I'm a furry after looking back on the evidence in my life and realizing that I was always pretty much a furry ever since I was in elementary school. Now I just am kinda a lone ranger seeking out company on my journey through this crazy existence that I now live. And I'm also a 23 year old female pagan wiccan living with her human boyfriend who's pretty clueless about my true persona, along with my family who are Catholic. I can only imagine the headache I'd be getting if people found out about me...but I guess there is no harm in sticking to the shadows and keeping quiet, at least it's safe. People scare me more than any preditor. I wonder though how long I can remain hidden at the rate I'm going. :? 

well honestly, family and strangers and such i never thought a issue, but best friends and mates..those are the ones i alwase try to be sure they know. cause im used to hiding myself, but its those few people i SHOULD feel safe and open with.
i personaly think its unhealthy to keep such a large part of who you are a tottaly secret

Shadow hide you..

Offline mulchardude

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Fox
  • Coloring: Silvery Grey, Burnt Orange, Mottled Black, Dirty Cream
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 123lbs.
  • Build: short and scrawny
  • Currently: Coding Drawing Browsing Working Sleeping
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 11:28:29 PM »
When I first started drawing furry stuff I'd show it to my parents, they thought it was pretty cool, mostly proud that I was practicing my artistic skills.  Neither of them really 'got' it, but they were at least cool with it.  My dad didn't have anything to say on it, which was a mixed blessing.

Last year, Rainfurrest's charity happened to be the wildlife rescue my mom and sister volunteer at.  That was pretty good props for furry.  ^_^

My dad saw one of those horrendous shows that bashes furry, I don't know if it was CSI or one of the many others.  He was freaking out about it for awhile, but he didn't say anything to me, it was just an aside "those people".  Just like when he told me the story about the gay guy hitting on him in college, and I reassured him none of my gay friends were going to push themselves on me unwelcome - his response was "Ok, well, I don't know what *their* morals are, but you should be careful."    :S

Other people I'm completely open with, and all my friends are pretty much non-participatory furries - one used to go to conventions but has been out of the loop for a long time, and my mate (who joined tff after I did) is into it and goes to RF with me, but doesn't otherwise participate in the community.

I'm not afraid to share artwork or the fact I'm going to Rainfurrest, but I don't like to really discuss it with my parents because my dad always assumes the worst.   :(