Author Topic: Reboot: How your fursona came to be  (Read 6420 times)

Offline FeralWings

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Close your eyes and see the skies are falling.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Dark blue scales
  • Height: 2,36 M.
  • Weight: 110 Kg.
  • Build: Moderately tough
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Getting my ass in gear to do...something.
Reboot: How your fursona came to be
« on: March 11, 2013, 01:22:22 PM »
So, I saw WingedZephyr's thread/questionnaire and thought the questions were really interesting, but for some reason it is locked.
Was hoping to start that up again, as the questions are something I'd like to know about others. (If rebooting a thread like that is against the rules, I apologize beforehand)
All the questions are thought up by WingedZephyr, credit goes to him (edit, her. Sorry :P)

Why/how did you decide your fursona's species?

Is there a reason or meaning behind their name?

Did you just stick with natural animal colors, or did you have a reason for picking other colors?

Do you have any distinguishing markings on your fursona? If so, what are they, and why?

Does your fursona's personality match your own, or is it different?

Does your fursona have a back story different from your own past?

How much is your fursona like you? Do you share the same interests? Did you include any of your personal flaws in your fursona, or are they an "idealized" version of you?

- I got interested in the whole concept of furry/anthropomorphology when I first played Fire Emblem : Path of Radiance. It had the 'laguz' that could change into lions, cats, hawks, ravens, and dragons. The dragon country was always very seclusive, never let outsiders in, and they were always a rare but amazing sight. Since then, I've always found dragons a whole lot more interesting than other species often found in the furry fandom.

- I've never liked my own name. Got it from a father who lives across the globe, and my middle name isn't an improvement. Valen has always been the name I used, hence it felt fitting for a fursona.

Did you just stick with natural animal colors, or did you have a reason for picking other colors?

- Well, seeing as I picked a deep blue with hint of purple, and bright orange, and both aren't exactly natural, I picked them since they've always been my favourite colors, especially when combined. Doesn't hold any significant meaning however.

Do you have any distinguishing markings on your fursona? If so, what are they, and why?

- Yes, a bright blue pattern of chained circles from neck to tail. It's a pattern I've always found beautiful, and when I ever get the money for it, still want tattoo'd (in black though)

- Actually matches me quite alot. I'm laid back, lazy when it comes to starting with work. I'm a moody person, though you would never find that out when I'm around good company. I have a general lack of care for any person that I don't know of, but as soon as I know someone I'll do my best to help them if needed. And alot of people call me smart but lazy :P

- Well, yes. I don't exactly have much of an exciting back story in real-life, but in my stories, mostly the Revelations series, I write Valen's backstory.

How much is your fursona like you? Do you share the same interests? Did you include any of your personal flaws in your fursona, or are they an "idealized" version of you?

- Behaviour and personality wise, as well as for interests, they're the same. Valen's exactly me, with a different body, simply put.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:13:29 PM by FeralWings »
  • Signature art by: Me :D
You can be anything you want to be.
But can you be everything you want to be?

Click this shiet for my Deviantart!

Offline AlmarRaccoon

• Eager Elephant
  • Oh snap, do a little dance!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Brown, Orange, Red
  • Height: 5" 9'
  • Weight: 125 lbs
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: New colors for my fursona :)
Re: Reboot: How your fursona came to be
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 04:01:01 PM »

-I wanted a non carnivorous animal that could defend himself in the wild, but was cute enough to not look intimidating.

-Nope, that was the name of my Dungeons and Dragons character at the time and I thought it was fitting.

-I strayed from the default black/grey because I wanted to be more unique. I decided to do a brown/tan combo, but that still seemed pretty normal, so I made the arms and legs maroon from elbow/knee down.

-Just the maroon arms and legs.

-My fursona's personality matches my own.

-I haven't really thought of a back story.

-My fursona is exactly me in anthro raccoon form ^_^
  • Avatar by: Casual-Dhole, I changed the colors up a bit though
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
4 Star Senior Officer

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 05:22:05 PM »
The original thread was only locked because it's well over a year old. XP A reboot is fine. I actually never answered my own questions the first time around, so I may as well this time.

Spoiler for Hidden:
While trying to find a species I liked, I was a cat first at one point, then a dragon. Neither felt "just right" by themselves and I struggled having to choose between the two. Later I realized they felt a lot more like "me" if I put them together, and that I could have both at once instead of having to turn down one of them.

A cat/dragon is all at once cute, fierce, playful, independent, careful, wise, graceful, strong, and intelligent. Even if not all of those things necessarily apply to me, they are things I admire or strive to be.

Spoiler for Hidden:
It's kind of a roundabout story. "Zephyr" started mostly as just a word I really liked.

I've always liked the concept of the four classical elements (fire, water, air, earth) for whatever reason. The elements show up in all sorts of stories and games, and I like how each element tends to have a "personality" behind it. It's kind of similar to choosing an animal for a fursona, honestly. Fire is bold or aggressive, water is calm or soothing, etc. Of the four elements, I feel "closest" to the characteristics of air/wind.

Eventually, when I was pondering what username I wanted to start using around the internet, I had decided that I wanted it to be something to do with wind and/or flying. I had been reading a book at the time, and as I was reading, the word "zephyr" was written there and it stuck out to me. I loved the sound of it, and a "zephyr" is a light wind or breeze, which fit perfectly to what I was looking for in my username.

My username came first, but when I later got into the furry fandom, it felt natural to call my fursona by that name. Although I later decided to change her "official" full name to "Zephira", I still prefer to use "Zephyr" as a nickname for her most of the time.

Spoiler for Hidden:
The colors came from an avatar skin I designed on IMVU several years back. Originally it was an imaginary species I created that I called "nivios." It was a bit more like a cat/fox with feathered wings, sort of:

After deciding on a cat/dragon hybrid for a fursona species, I couldn't decide what colors I wanted it to be. I loved the markings of that nivios skin though, and I figured, why not? It's an imaginary hybrid anyway, so why not just throw in those colors even if they aren't natural? I love desaturated and monotone color schemes, and that was both.

Spoiler for Hidden:
No other markings beyond the stripes, mask, and glove markings, no, and those were explained in the previous answer. :P

Spoiler for Hidden:
My fursona's personality mostly matches my own, but is a bit more idealized. She's generally happier and more playful. She sometimes ends up making me feel more happy and playful because of that though.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Sort of. She doesn't actually have a back story, at all. She just exists. Not because I can't think of one, but because I prefer it that way. She is everything I am or want to be in the present, and giving her a past or a future would just feel weird to me somehow.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I've answered a bit of this question already, but oh well. Zephyr is a lot like me, but as a feral/quadruped animal, obviously she doesn't participate in some of the same activities I do as a human. I'll draw her in her anthro form when I need to though, and as an anthro she has all of my same interests. Zephyr has many of my flaws, but I also have thrown in some idealized traits as well. Keeping the flaws makes her more real to me, and the idealized traits inspire me to try to be better.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Poster
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 06:37:00 PM »

Until recently I was a fox and though not because everyone else was a fox. I chose a fox, more because I felt I could connect with what they represented in various mythologies and in nature being sneaky, tactical and clever. I recently swapped over to a falcon though and it's generally because I've always loved birds and this one was particularly awesome. I can connect with that they symbolise/represent and I've said on a few occasions that If I hadn't been a fox, I would have been an owl or a seagull. I guess the falcon just struck me.

the fox fursona was called Warren Spencer which was my real name once I threw it into the Brass Goggles Steam Punk Name Generator and has since been my pseudonym. When I joined the fandom, it was the obvious choice to name my fursona. As for the falcon fursona, I wanted something different, yet fitting to me as well. The result was Perry Walker which comes from Peregrine the falcon breed and Walker which is a Scottish and English surname like my real surname.

For Warren, I kept him just the typical fox colours because I just couldn't really see adding the black/brown ears and gloves, though I did once give him a hair style and a goatee. Perry is also pretty much typical falcon colours.

Warren was as plain as could be, though Perry pretty much had the falcon eye markings over both eyes. besides that, there isn't realy much too them. I don't have any tattoos, piercings, etc so neither did my fursonas.

I generally keep my fursonas personality the same as mine as it generally makes things a lot easier. However they do exemplify certain aspects of me. For example, Warren being a fox, he expresses the aspects of my personality that goes along with fiddling with things and sneaking past things while being decent and creative about it. Perry, also having my personality, expresses my more upfront and social nature, yearning for a greater purpose and freedom while trying to be as much of a gentleman as possible.

nope

They are me, just playing on certain aspects of me in specific. Interests are the same and they both have all my flaws.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline NovaAurora

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
  • May the FURS be with you!
    • Awards
  • Species: Mostly wolf, part dragon
  • Coloring: Dark and light gray, with black streaks and dark blue extremities.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Long and lanky, muscular but not bulging.
  • Currently: PC gaming... FINALLY!!
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 08:32:46 PM »

Even though a lot of furries choose canids for their fursonas, I didn't know that when I first stumbled upon the fandom and created my fursona as primarily a wolf. I chose it because when I thought, "what animal most represents me, that I can most associate and feel empathetic with," it was immediately a wolf. I've always admired their untamed elegance, their need to be free and live in the open wilderness, but at the same time how affectionate they are with their own kind. I saw how dedicated and loyal they are to their pack, how they stick by each other and work together to achieve their goals like the miles-long tracking of prey. They don't like contact with humans and they shy away from society, but in their secluded natural habitats they are brilliant, uninhibited. I've since discovered in myself more animalistic qualities that fit with being a wolf, but what I've said already is for the most part what I had in mind in the beginning.

I decided to mix in a little dragon mostly because I've always been a huge fan of them, and I love how unique and complex each individual dragon is. I'd say the dragon part represents a more creative, fantastical, whimsical side of me that isn't necessarily entirely grounded and logical. It's not enough to overcome the wolf by any means, but it's there as a significant and meaningful part of my identity.

Is there a reason behind their name?

I spent a long time trying to come up with the perfect name. Like the fandom itself, the name just fell into my lap after I had outlined in my head some criteria for what I wanted it to be. I've always loved space and the universe, so I wanted a name that reflected that in some way. It also had to sound good when spoken and written, I wanted it to have weight but not be incredibly long or pretentious. Finally, there had to be a meaning behind it. It didn't have to be much, but it had to be more than just an arbitrary title like most names are to me.

Nova Aurora fits all of those perfectly. The connection to space is obvious, and in my opinion it's a short and sweet name that sounds nice no matter what. More importantly though, in Latin it translates directly and correctly into "New Dawn." I loved that fact, perhaps a bit more than a reasonable person would, because I see it as a reflection of what my fursona signifies. Always looking towards the brighter future, not back at the rather dark and anger filled past I had before becoming part of the fandom.

I didn't stray too far from the natural grayscale scheme of many wolves, because I wanted to look fairly natural. Still, I added distinct black patterning because I like black as an accent and it looks more interesting to me that way. As for the striking blue that I have as extremity and eye color, the flesh comes from Nova's dragon part and the eyes are there for stunning but color-coordinated contrast. Too much blue would look comic and silly, but I like having minimal and distinguishing coloring differences.

Nova has black tapering stripes starting at his hands and feet and narrowing to points on their respective limbs' joints. They're intended to lend a sense or aerodynamics to his form, since he's strictly anthro, and I envision him as being very speed oriented, as opposed to sheer physical strength. He also has a scar over his right eye. There is no backstory to that, no specific incident that caused it (even though I realized after creating him that I too have a small scar over my right eye.) I simply wanted some sort of physical imperfection, something to signify that he's not a kind of super-being, that he has flaws and bares them openly.

I created my fursona essentially in my own image from a personality standpoint, so we share nearly identical traits in that regard. Obviously he's rather idealized from a physical perspective, but in terms of personality the only thing I'd say is that he's slightly more openly playful than I am in public. As a human I'm rather proper and straightforward when interacting with most people, whereas Nova isn't rude or anything by any means, but he is a tad bit more... flamboyant I guess would be a good word for it.

No, he doesn't really have an official unique backstory at all. His experiences are my experiences.

As I've said, we are essentially one and the same for the vast majority of things. The only thing that is objectively improved or "idealized" is physical characteristics.

~*Airforce Fleet commander*~
We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Come raise your lantern to the sky
And let's illuminate this night
We'll dance like heathens
Around the flames
And while the world sleeps
WE ARE AWAKE!

Offline Gatorade

• Fuzzy McFeatherbutt
  • Avid Aardvark
  • New Fursona!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Blog
    • Awards
  • Species: Dwarf Rat
  • Coloring: Gray with a pink nose/hands/feet/tail.
  • Height: Just a few inches long.
  • Build: Petite
  • Currently: All the artz!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 11:22:53 PM »
-Why/how did you decide your fursona's species?
It's a tad complex--as the process is still on-going, but I basically just went with my gut and drew him over and over and over again until I was happy. He started off as a generic canine, then I added wings and antlers--nix'd the antlers, made him a gryphon, then switched his top and bottom half, eventually settling on part lion/part owl.

-Is there a reason or meaning behind their name?

It's a mix between my LOVE for the word Equinox (and the two holidays using the word), and the fact that the Autumn Equinox (my color-inspiration and all-time favorite time of year) is a time of change and reaping the benefits of our rewards--and my fursona could be seen as from top-to-bottom, changing from one animal to another (Lion to Owl).

-Did you just stick with natural animal colors, or did you have a reason for picking other colors?
I'm still ironing out the kinks of my fursona's design, including color, but I'm leaning towards mostly darker natural colors, with a few maybe purple or orange highlights/accents.

-Do you have any distinguishing markings on your fursona? If so, what are they, and why?
Distinguishing markings? No, not really.

-Does your fursona's personality match your own, or is it different?
Equinox's personality is very happy-go-lucky, just glad to be alive. He's child-like, bouncy, and still believes in things like Santa and the Easter Bunny--even though he's an adult in age.

-Does your fursona have a back story different from your own past?
I don't have much of a backstory for my fursona. He just kind of...popped into existence.

-How much is your fursona like you? Do you share the same interests? Did you include any of your personal flaws in your fursona, or are they an "idealized" version of you?
We share a lot of interests--but I am entirely logical and practical, while he's my very small, young-acting emotional side. He enjoys the performing and creative arts, and while I do too--I enjoy a larger range of things. We have two completely different sets of flaws, almost opposite.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:56:32 PM by Equinox »
My furry code: FRR 5acdmrw A+ C++ D++ H++ M+++ P++ R++ T W Z Sm RLA~A a c++++ d+ e+ f++ h+ iw+++ j++ p sm

Offline TyVulpintaur

• Avid Aardvark
  • Fall down, go boom!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Macro foxtaur
  • Coloring: Gray
  • Height: Variable between 10 feet -2,000 feet
  • Weight: Unknown
  • Build: 6 (Slight build)
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 01:16:19 AM »
Why/how did you decide your fursona's species? Ty just started as an RP character on a website after I switched over from G4TV's website when they took down the social/RP forums) back in 2005. He had started as a cybernetic fox soldier, then transitioned to an ethereal fox, then to a taur and finally into the macro foxtaur he is today back in 2009.

Is there a reason or meaning behind their name? Ty (short for Tiberius) was named after James Tiberius Kirk, captain of the USS Enterprise (Yeah, I'm a Star Trek fan :P)

Did you just stick with natural animal colors, or did you have a reason for picking other colors? I saw there were too many red foxes in the furry community, and thought gray was cooler.

Do you have any distinguishing markings on your fursona? If so, what are they, and why? Not really, if you don't count his four legs and two arms.

Does your fursona's personality match your own, or is it different? He's a lot braver than I am :P

Does your fursona have a back story different from your own past? Very much. http://www.furaffinity.net/view/8093898/ (semi-canon story of how Ty came to be. Altered because the people I had RPed Ty's history with, I no longer have contact with, so couldn't use their characters in the story and changed it.)

How much is your fursona like you? Do you share the same interests? Did you include any of your personal flaws in your fursona, or are they an "idealized" version of you? Not really much like me at all, really.

Offline TheDeathScorpion

• Vibrating Furby
  • What does this bar do?
    • Awards
  • Species: Ferret
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 10:34:23 AM »
ferrets are my second favourite animal, and I didn't want him to be a Scorpion.

Yes, His name is Brendon Scoller. Brendon is the name of one of my old friends and Scoller is just a modification of three different words morphed together.

I dunno, I like black and grey (#notgoth) and I don't know if those are the natural colours.

I'm not sure whether to put red markings down his arms or not.

Yeah a little. He's nerdy, he's lazy, he likes music a lot and he sucks at drawing.

Yes, he grew up normally with a normal family and no health problems

He's kind of just an altered version of a character that I made, who is completely original. He's based off Death Scorpion (hence the username), Death Scorpion is an alter ego of a Brendon Keeley. Brendon is actually closer than Death Scorpion to being Scoller, despite the fact that Brendon slowly gets depressed and apathetic. Scoller doesn't have powers, he just sits in his room and sleeps most of the time.

Offline Rhoryc

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 07:23:51 PM »

Hyenas are really cool and unique animals. For the longest time I thought they were canids, but they're more like dog-cat-weasel things... in terms of behavior at least. I was originally going to make Rhoryc a dragon, but it didn't really fit.

I was trying to think of a name for a gnoll (hyena-man) character in D&D and I eventually settled on Rhoryc. I just used that for my fursona.

Nope, just regular boring spotted hyena colors.

Nope, just regular boring spotted hyena markings.

There are a few personality traits we share, but Rhoryc is more outgoing, friendly, and less nerdy than I. :P 

My fursona doesn't have a backstory because I'm terribly lazy. BUT IF HE DID then yes.

Yeah I guess you can say Rhoryc is sort of an idealized version of myself, but he has his own set of flaws and interests that I don't.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 07:29:42 PM by Rhoryc »

Offline Thagrahn

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger and Lynx
  • Coloring: White and Black; Grey, Tan, and White
  • Height: 5' 4"; 5' 0"
  • Weight: 135 lb; 107 lb
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 08:41:36 PM »
My name is actually a carefully created custom name that I spent years working on creating. I went through the effort mostly do to how common my real name is, and I wanted something to make me as individual in name as I am in real life.

I stayed with the natural colors do to the need for a connection with the real animal.

The only unique mark on my fursona is specific pattern in the spots on the back of the left shoulder.

My fursona is an extension of myself, so is the same as my real personalty.Does your fursona have a back story different from your own past?I haven't given my fursona any kind of backstory, so it just has may life as it's background.

My fursona and I are almost one in the same, so we share interests, flaws, and dreams. I have started to Idealize the wold around my fursona, but it's somewhat of an improvement on the flaws I see everyday in the real world.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 03:05:24 AM by Thagrahn »
I am Thagarhn, nothing more, nothing less.

Offline MomoHyena

• Avid Aardvark
  • aaaaaaaaaug
  • Species: Hyena
  • Coloring: Tan, pink
  • Height: 5'9"
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 07:43:38 AM »

Just always liked hyenas. I don't really remember how or why but it just fits me very well.

None in particular. Momo is the nickname of Momotaro Tsurugi ( 剣 桃太郎 ) from Sakigake! Otokojuku, the main character of the series. I just found it to be a cute, endearing nickname.

Mostly natural with unnatural accent colors and spotted flesh. I have bad eyesight so I like having something without too many complex markings and distinct features.

None in particular! Momo just stands out by having those pink accents on his toes, fingers, tail tip, muzzle, and mane.

Momo's personality is basically mine, but I exaggerate his anxiousness and pacifism while making him a bit more fun and social because it makes for more interesting writing.

Kind of. Same basic concepts as my own life but Momo ends up living in my favorite city while I'm stuck in buttsville.

Momo isn't idealized in any way since he's basically me but also an insert for writing and drawing. He DEFINITELY has some of my flaws. I find perfectionism or overpowering or idealization to be bad when making characters because it leads to boring generic "hero" characters that are unrealistic and just not very fun to play around with!
That being said, the major differences between Momo's personality and my own personality irl is that Momo is much more flirtatious and social, whereas I'm more reserved and awkward. However I don't want to play it up to a strength so I try to write Momo as also being a little oblivious in social situations despite enjoying and attending them. I guess if you asked me "if you could be any furry..." it would still be Momo though, because I don't fit the personality of anyone else's creations.  :)

Offline Balasthor

• Avid Aardvark
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Brown I guess, but... I don't think too much about it
  • Height: I don't know. I'm typing wolf, so... Wolf height :D
  • Weight: Maybe 65 kg, but I'ts not precision information
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 11:41:09 AM »

Hmm... Maybe wolfs choose me ? I don't remember exacly. Wolfs fascinating me. I'm growing, discover my fursona, more and more. Then I was know that wolf is for me. If this will be possible I become real wolf even now.

This is my idea. I need change my name when i play in roleplay. My name must pass with world from game. And there was born Balasthor.

Hard question. Natural i think.

No. Nothing special with me.

Me and wolf are one. Of course in house I'm human not wild animal but my mind want be wolf.

Back story ? No. I don't have any story behind my fursona. I think about yourself and this happend I discover wolf in me.

Nothing is ideal even my fursona. I'm not ideal then my fursona has the same. I'm try integrated my fursona with me. I have normal life. My fursona like hunt and live in the forest. I don't looking for my food in forest, i can't catch rabbit or elk. But I want be wolf. Wolf has great life in my opinion. Wolfs are free and need pack. I want the same. It's hard to explain but I feel wolf  requirements.
Be only yourself

Offline Nobi

• Handsome Horse
  • Let's get rhetorical!
    • My tumblr!
    • Awards
  • Species: Ringtail/Cacomistle
  • Coloring: Standard ringtail coloration of sandy brown-dark brown body, white rings around my eyes, and black and white rings around my tail
  • Height: Roughly 5'6''
  • Weight: 127 lbs
  • Build: Slim and mildly athletic
  • Currently: Back!
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 02:21:45 AM »
It only seemed natural for me to go with a fox. Both physically and mentally, they're very much like me: small, quick, agile, they like to be stealthy, and they tend to hold back and observe most of the time before they take any action. Throughout many cultures, of course, they're known for their craftiness and cunning. Pretty much the same reason anyone chooses to be a fox. However, I specifically chose to be a red fox because I thought it would be better to have a little bit more color, as opposed to what one might get with a grey fox or an arctic fox. I wear a lot of dark colors—mostly blacks and greys—so I thought having some red and white on me would be a nice contrast.

My fursona doesn't actually have a different name; not even Shinobi. That's just my username. Honestly, I don't see my fursona as a separate entity or character. It's simply me, foxified, so the name remains the same.

I stayed with the red fox's natural coloration. I felt that, since it's adapted specifically for camouflage, it would suit me well, since I typically prefer to simply blend in or fade into the background in everyday social situations when I'm not with my close friends. And again, I thought the red and white would be a nice contrast from what I normally wear.

Not at the moment, no.

100% the same.

Again, since we are not separate entities, our pasts are the same.

I've basically answered this question several times over already. XD

Offline Sparky15756

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • A Wolf Amongst 'Roos
    • Fur Affinity
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf and Lucario, no hybrid
  • Coloring: Wolf: Red 'n' Pink - Lucario: Red 'n' White (instead of Blue & Black)
  • Height: 5'' 7
  • Weight: 116lbs
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Pondering the future demise
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 11:46:34 PM »
Second Life sadly but I did modify it for my own personal preference.

Nope, it just came to me while I was on the toilet

I love red and decided to test with pink, needless to say that both colors worked.

Nien

My real life personality is actually matching my fursona's, the opposite of what normally happens.

No backstory or anything but if I was required to have one then it'd be crazy, trust me.

How much is your fursona like you? Do you share the same interests? Did you include any of your personal flaws in your fursona, or are they an "idealized"
My fursona is basically me and vice-versa, though I've never put my partial blindness into any roleplays because I'm awesome like that xD
With 955 characters for a signature, I can try make something funny or interesting but no, I'm just gonna sit here and type instead of going to work because breaking the fourth wall is more humour than trying to figure out how I'll get access to my other laptop; picking up my charger that I left at a friends house, around 40 miles away...

Good going Sparky, you did well. On the plus side, it's given you a chance to accidentally revisit some old stomping grounds and see what madness you can create during this seemingly temporarily return.

Offline StarDragon

• Vibrating Furby
  • Shine like a star!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 140 lbs
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2013, 09:14:05 PM »

I've always felt a special connection to dragons. I tried having a fox as my fursona but It didn't "feel right", if that makes any sense. So I ultimately decided on a dragon as my fursona.

Not really.  I wanted a name that meant "lightning", or close to it.. so I looked up some names online.

He's a dragon.. so I felt like I wasn't limited in terms of colors. I wanted him to have an electric kind of look.. I like eletricity, ahaha.

Well, he has some electric blue markings on his arms and on his head. I guess that's about it.

It's pretty much the same.

Very much so. I'm not an interesting person, so I felt like my fursona deserved more of an interesting backstory.

Shant is more of an "idealized" version of me, I guess. Well, I can't lie about it. I kind of pulled a few of my personal flaws out of him but besides that he is almost exactly like me..
Except for the whole magic thing..
And the sword. Definitely the sword. I wouldn't be able to pick that thing up.