Author Topic: Nox's character/fursona idea gallery  (Read 2202 times)

Offline Gatorade

• Fuzzy McFeatherbutt
  • Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • New Fursona!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Blog
    • Awards
  • Species: Dwarf Rat
  • Coloring: Gray with a pink nose/hands/feet/tail.
  • Height: Just a few inches long.
  • Build: Petite
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: All the artz!
Nox's character/fursona idea gallery
« on: March 21, 2013, 02:03:39 AM »
Hello all! I have no good cameras except for the one on my laptop itself, so all of these are gonna look kinda crappy until I get a better camera.

Spoiler for Hidden:

A possible design for my fursona. I have no name for him yet (I really like the name 'Equinox,' but there's probably a hundred of 'em. When I name him and finalize his design, I'll change my username to match his), but he's a sort of backwards-gryphon. He has the hind legs, tuft of feathers behind his head, wings, and tail of a kestrel (or bird that is like a kestrel), and the upper body of a wolf (subject to change, until I like what I find). He wears several earrings on his ears, and two long feathers behind his left ear. You can also see little bits and pieces of what I might have to do to make him into a fursuit.

Spoiler for Hidden:

These are two characters I've had fun coming up with--again, neither of them have names. The one on the left is a hamster-boy who's really shy and loves to read. The one on the right is a leopard-boy who loves to party. We'll see what I use them for, maybe I'll find a way to put them in my Alice in Wonderland-inspired webcomic called Jub-Jub Feathers.

This is all I have so far, I've been working on them for the past 2 days. I'd love to see what people thought!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 09:27:07 PM by Equinox »
My furry code: FRR 5acdmrw A+ C++ D++ H++ M+++ P++ R++ T W Z Sm RLA~A a c++++ d+ e+ f++ h+ iw+++ j++ p sm

Offline FeralWings

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Close your eyes and see the skies are falling.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Dark blue scales
  • Height: 2,36 M.
  • Weight: 110 Kg.
  • Build: Moderately tough
  • Currently: Getting my ass in gear to do...something.
Re: Bo's character/fursona idea gallery
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 04:22:09 PM »
Well, I can say they all look great. It's really a matter of personal preference, and waht feels better to you. In my case it was a solid idea and there was no questioning it. despite minor changes, Valen's been the exact same since. I can beleive it's hard to settle on one though. I really can't give more advice than sticking to whatever feels more 'right' to you
  • Signature art by: Me :D
You can be anything you want to be.
But can you be everything you want to be?

Click this shiet for my Deviantart!

Offline Gatorade

• Fuzzy McFeatherbutt
  • Avid Aardvark
  • New Fursona!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 06:08:45 PM »
Well, I can say they all look great. It's really a matter of personal preference, and waht feels better to you. In my case it was a solid idea and there was no questioning it. despite minor changes, Valen's been the exact same since. I can beleive it's hard to settle on one though. I really can't give more advice than sticking to whatever feels more 'right' to you

GAH!! Designing things in my life has NEVER been that easy! Coming up with a name for him is gonna be just as hard as designing him and coloring him. But I have to start with his design. Any suggestions on figuring out what kind of colorscheme might work? Otherwise I might just end up making him in all natural colors.
My furry code: FRR 5acdmrw A+ C++ D++ H++ M+++ P++ R++ T W Z Sm RLA~A a c++++ d+ e+ f++ h+ iw+++ j++ p sm

Offline FeralWings

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Close your eyes and see the skies are falling.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Dark blue scales
  • Height: 2,36 M.
  • Weight: 110 Kg.
  • Build: Moderately tough
  • Currently: Getting my ass in gear to do...something.
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 07:09:52 PM »
As for color scheme, there's a very useful tool: http://colorschemedesigner.com/
Personally I combined a deep blue with a slight hint of purple, and bright orange. They are my favourite colors, but they actually combine pretty well too.

As for name, well, Valen is the name I've wanted since I was small. My name is horrid, and over-used in the Netherlands as well. For those interested, my name is Jasper. I got the name from a father that didn't raise me, and it holds no meaning to me. I even got bullied with it. Anyway, hence the name Valen for my persona.

As for species, as much as any animalistic traits interest me, obviously Dragons take that a bit further since they are such well-known creatures, but obviously don't exist. It gives it a bit of mystery, and it's also interesting to see how varied the concepts of a Dragon are.

So there you go, that's how I got the base things. Species, coloration and name. Personality is the exact same as mine, and besides that that only leaves markings or details. Valen has a chained circular bright blue and glowing pattern, since it's something I've wanted to get tattoo'd for years, and is something I find very beautiful.

I make it sound easy, but it's not at all when you're not sure yet. I happened to have a very stable base that I was certain of, but details have been changed over time as well with my persona. Anywho, I hope it helps a bit.
  • Signature art by: Me :D
You can be anything you want to be.
But can you be everything you want to be?

Click this shiet for my Deviantart!

Offline Gatorade

• Fuzzy McFeatherbutt
  • Avid Aardvark
  • New Fursona!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Blog
    • Awards
Re: Nox's character/fursona idea gallery
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 09:03:24 PM »
I didn't wanna post in here again until I had a more finalized design--but while I'm still working on the colors (I'm leaning towards dark cold/bluish brown and a rough burnt-orange) I think I have a semi-final design.

Spoiler for Hidden:
(Forgive the Al Bhed--I've been playing too much Final Fantasy X.)

Obviously--the majority of pictures will be done in a more anthropomorphic style, but here's where I felt most comfortable. :3 Thanks for all your help, and though "Equinox" isn't a real name per-se, I like it!

So, here's my fursona--Equinox the Reversed Gryphon!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 03:28:47 AM by Equinox »

Offline Gatorade

• Fuzzy McFeatherbutt
  • Avid Aardvark
  • New Fursona!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Blog
    • Awards
Re: Nox's character/fursona idea gallery
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 01:44:32 AM »
Alright, made some big strides--narrowing down which parts are which species. I've gotten it down to this:

Spoiler for Hidden:

The lovely Jubileus on FurAffinity agreed to draw my fursona--not once, but TWICE--and let me post them~

Spoiler for Hidden:
Anthro:

Feral:

The top picture Jubileus did is more fitting to Equinox's personality and colorscheme, but the second is so cute~ I love them both. :3