Author Topic: What do you guys do?  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
What do you guys do?
« on: March 15, 2016, 06:12:18 PM »
I was wondering what you guys do (as job or still studying) because I have the impression the variety here is rather huge.
So let me begin:
I am studying political science, politician and I am also doing small business.

So post here what you are or do and let's see how big the variety is

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
Re: What do you guys do?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 06:23:58 PM »
odd jobs really supplements the cash for the job seeking from government (hey gotta pay the bills somehow and they automatically gave it to me so not complaining)

things like

small pc virus removals and that for about 5 dollers theres ones where ive gotten 50 for small multiple jobs on one pc

hoping to get a good car (ute) soon and work on fixing that up for a good touring/offroad car and playing in the mud in places that not alot of people know of
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline PossumDeMort

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • Equal Oppertunity Romantic
    • Awards
  • Species: Possum
  • Currently: Lurking...
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 07:02:35 PM »
Grocery  stocker at a Co op, prior to moving across  the  country  i was studying  retail  management, and am currently  trying  to  get  good enough  at the art thing to make money  with it.

Offline Silaluk

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • w ▲ n d e r e r
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf (not pure blooded)
  • Coloring: Dark gray and light gray.
  • Height: 2'4"
  • Weight: 114 lbs.
  • Build: Slender but very fluffy. Feral.
  • Currently: Sad.
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 11:25:57 PM »
I hunt, give the furs to my best friend/neighbor who makes things out of them, like coats and hood linings. I also sell the meat/antlers after I have what I need.

I also enter skijorning and dog sled races and win some prize money, which is what I spend on games and Netflix.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:28:22 PM by Silaluk »

Quote from: Sandor on March 05, 2016, 07:15:04 AM
Quote from: Sandor on March 04, 2016, 10:21:04 AM
Silaluk is too brutal for 90% of this forum.

Actually, make that something like 96%.

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 11:27:32 PM »
damn Silaluk, you're pretty much a badass

Offline Silaluk

• Foxy Fox
  • w ▲ n d e r e r
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf (not pure blooded)
  • Coloring: Dark gray and light gray.
  • Height: 2'4"
  • Weight: 114 lbs.
  • Build: Slender but very fluffy. Feral.
  • Currently: Sad.
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 11:29:54 PM »
Well I really wanted to be a professional fighter but after high school I kind of gave up on it.
Also, even though I am talented in music, there aren't any orchestras or music programs in my area.

Quote from: Sandor on March 05, 2016, 07:15:04 AM
Quote from: Sandor on March 04, 2016, 10:21:04 AM
Silaluk is too brutal for 90% of this forum.

Actually, make that something like 96%.

Offline Lazzarus1501

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec fox
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6ft 3in
  • Weight: 175lbs
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Good
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 12:12:42 AM »
Im in high school but i would like to become software engineer or chemical engineer im not sure yet

Offline HollowOfHaze

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I see no way in which this could go horribly wrong
    • Awards
  • Species: Heraldic Winged Lion
  • Coloring: Tan fur/feathers, brown hair, brown eyes veined with a golden yellow.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 128 Lbs
  • Build: Not exceedingly muscular, but definitely not fat.
  • Currently: Forgotten.
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 07:53:47 AM »
I am currently a senior, hoping to be a mechanical or hardware engineer of some sort.

Within the next few years, I intend to get more involved with art, martial arts, competition shooting, archery, and maybe even get back into playing the clarinet. I did play it for almost half my life anyways.
  • Avatar by: My personal friend SpunkyRaccoon on DeviantArt

Offline Neurottic

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Height: 5'5
  • Currently: Back!
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 09:19:36 AM »
I'm in my first year of college! I'm studying to be a psychiatric  :D but I'm also currently looking for a part time job to make a bit more money on the side ^^

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 04:54:15 AM »
I'm majoring in Accounting, and I'm going to see if I can squeeze in another major on my scholarship, Computer Forensics.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 05:56:33 AM »
Myself and a couple other guys started a small company selling tactical supplies and firearms here in Ontario for sport shooters and hunters. We recently closed down our old shop and now we're branching out to federal and provincial police looking for more training resources like supplies, ammunition, or a facitility to train in. We're excited to open our new space with a new digitally responsive range and lighting simulator sometime next year.

I used to work in digital graphics and communication technologies but never kept interest after I graduated and got my first real job. Routine desk work and conference calls had me pulling my fur out of my head everytime the phone rang or when I got called into the boss's office. I didn't want to live and work like that forever. The mechanics and physics behind firearms and their role in military history are big interests of mine outside of the fandom so I decided to get together with a couple investors with similar interests and knowlege. The military surplus arms market in North America has slowed heavily due to the Ukraine conflict that caused sactions against Russia and the importing of high quality and inexpensive Russian arms which have now ended up in Syria where they can be easily sold at such high demand. The US, China, and Eastern Europe, however, are exporting more commercial arms to Canada now more than ever so sometimes we are lucky to import old batches of Russian arms from other foreign distributers in the Ukraine or the Czech Republic. Cold War era and modern surplus munitions alike now play a peaceful and fun role in an average Canadian's sunny day off work shooting steel and paper targets on the range or on the farm, which I think is just awesome.

Given the recent change in government and proposed anti-gun ownership bills being introduced for the future, I cannot help but worry about what impact it will have on my business. I chose to go back to college in the meantime to study Contruction Engineering so I have more trade experience for steady work if I'm forced to close down :( No way am I going back to my old desk job.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 06:07:16 AM by Spike_ »

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 09:19:31 PM »
Great news that business is blooming but indeed it is also a bit double-feeling with those proposed bills.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2016, 01:58:43 AM »
Yeah times are definitely changing. A lot of fear's been going around because of recent world events so "public safety" becomes the go-to excuse for anything that breeches your rights to keep and use your personal property. I just don't think it's right nor fair and it gives me a headache everytime someone says "we don't NEED these guns" as if, for the first time, a capitalist society was built on needs to help scared people get a false sense of security.

I'm doing what I can and just trying not to think about it. I have exams to study for and a busy schedule that's slowly killing me.

What kind of small business are you in Bricket?

Offline Proto Triose

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2016, 10:27:11 AM »
For the most part a lot of people know what I do, but

Current job I work at Hampton Inn and Suites as a front desk supervisor. In my spare time, I'm working hard at getting book two completed and out for purchase. Of Earth and Of Life are a single story, so I want people to have the entire thing available to them. Then I'll just have ten more to write. Eventually I hope I make enough off that to make it my career, as I have the entire Hearts series, a separate series based around Crystal, and a follow up series to Hearts in planning.

I am opening a tattoo parlor with my artist, Destiny, and will be handling the money side of the whole thing so she can focus on her work. Hopefully it will get big enough that we can have multiple artists in the studio. I'm also working on a script to turn in to Disney, as well as recording voice overs for auditions to Disney movies. Wish me luck there! I've also started drawing the first set of web comics for my friend and my idea to turn Monster Hunter into one.

That's all I have going for me right now.
  • Signature art by: Lucky978 on Deviantart.com
Sorry for the absence; I had to get my life and my mind together. I missed you all.

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2016, 02:56:01 PM »
What kind of small business are you in Bricket?

I basically am in several branches: I invest in small business start-ups and most of the time I get my investment paid back with a nice profit.