Author Topic: The End, a furry Novela by Vamp, based on an RP  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Vamp

• Off-The-Wall Guy
  • Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • It's meh!
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Crow
  • Coloring: Black feathers, green eyes
  • Height: 5 feet 11 inches
  • Weight: 180 lbs.
  • Build: Slim
  • Reference: [link]
The End, a furry Novela by Vamp, based on an RP
« on: January 16, 2011, 06:51:27 AM »
Hi guys, a couple of you know that I have been working on a novel based on an RP that is here on the forums, I am currently on the 4th chapter, I lost motivation to write it a while ago but just recently started working on it again, I would love Critique and your opinions, What you think of the Characters and the setting, suggestions for the storyline, anything really, Critique is invited as I said, both Positive and Negative as well as constructive. Don't be afraid to express your opinions.
The setting is a post-apocalyptic New York, the city is in pieces and Mutated beings roam the planet, hunting any survivors. The story changes perspective between a few of the characters, a style I have really seen but thought I'd give it a try.

I hope you Enjoy it.

~Vamp

Chapter 1: http://vamp-the-bunny.deviantart.com/#/d3764b1

Chapter 2:http://vamp-the-bunny.deviantart.com/#/d37666j

Chapter 3:http://vamp-the-bunny.deviantart.com/#/d3766kq

Pet's name: Sion
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
"I used to be a freak, now I'm a freak with a camera."

"If I had a dime for every time I made sense, I'd be broke"

My Steam  : Vamp Altum

Mr.Mustard

Re: The End, a furry Novela by Vamp, based on an RP
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 08:40:54 AM »
I like it... I've always been a sucker for Apocalypse stories... Also, you are a very descriptive writer... I love how you go into the technicals of the virus... Is this the first thing you've written?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 11:25:27 AM by Mr.Mustard »

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 11:26:19 AM »
sounds great so far. keep up the good work! :j
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Tatter

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • My Site (Author)
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: yellow fur with red/orange markings around his eyes (like eye shadow) and like wise colored mane.
  • Height: apx 6'2 bipedal, normal sized quad
  • Weight: apx 175 pipedal, normal for lions quad
  • Build: bipedal he's lanky with a little muscle build from just working, simular quad
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 01:59:13 PM »
it was very well written and kept me going to the last one  B)
You may break my spirit, my heart, and my body, but you will never break my pride.
Texas Furries unite!
http://texasfurries.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 05:03:33 PM »
Oh man, that was a great RP  :3   So I am instantly biased for that reason  :P

Okay, I myself enjoy writing, and have made quite a hobby of writing a story that I still have under way... I may not be brilliant, but I consider myself good enough to give opinions/critique if need be.

First of all, structure. If you just separate your writing out a little, this will make it read so much better, and is such an easy thing to do!  

For instance:

Zen had gone up on a roof and positioned himself with his rifle and attached his scope. He sighted a firewalker and shot it with a syringe. The syringe had been re-calibrated to withdraw instead of inject. He needed to collect blood samples of each specie of them. He was trying to formulate a vaccine that will combat the virus and ultimately destroy it. Soon after the dart was filled it loosely fell from the beasts hide. He set the rifle down and was climbing down the building when the firewalker turned it's head and started to run in a direction to the left of Zen. Zen noticed and quickly crawled up to get the rifle then like a Cirque Du Soleil performer, jumped off the building and landed on his feet with a soft thud. He slung the rifle behind his back and ran in the direction of the firewalker. He then saw what it was after. A survivor was stranded on the roof of a three story building. There was a horde of them scaling the walls of the small building and they had one target in mind. They were after blood and Zen had to intervene.

Becomes

Zen had gone up on a roof and positioned himself with his rifle and attached his scope. He sighted a firewalker and shot it with a syringe. The syringe had been re-calibrated to withdraw instead of inject. He needed to collect blood samples of each specie of them. He was trying to formulate a vaccine that will combat the virus and ultimately destroy it.

Soon after the dart was filled it loosely fell from the beasts hide. He set the rifle down and was climbing down the building when the firewalker turned it's head and started to run in a direction to the left of Zen. Zen noticed and quickly crawled up to get the rifle then like a Cirque Du Soleil performer, jumped off the building and landed on his feet with a soft thud. He slung the rifle behind his back and ran in the direction of the firewalker. He then saw what it was after. A survivor was stranded on the roof of a three story building. There was a horde of them scaling the walls of the small building and they had one target in mind.

They were after blood and Zen had to intervene.

Believe me when I say that people will find it much easier to read your story when it is set out like that, rather than one block of text  ;)

Other than that I thought it was real good Vamp  ^_^  
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Vamp

• Off-The-Wall Guy
  • Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • It's meh!
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Crow
  • Coloring: Black feathers, green eyes
  • Height: 5 feet 11 inches
  • Weight: 180 lbs.
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 07:27:20 PM »
@ Mr. Mustard, Yeah, this is actually my first real story I have written, thank you for the compliments ^_^

@ Serpington and Tatter, will do guys *brofists*

@Kistrev, Shall do buddy, thank you for the critique. ^_^

@ you all, thanks again for giving it a read :D

Pet's name: Sion
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
"I used to be a freak, now I'm a freak with a camera."

"If I had a dime for every time I made sense, I'd be broke"

My Steam  : Vamp Altum