Author Topic: Bronies: For the Love of Ponies Anthology seeking writers ($20 a story)  (Read 1469 times)

Offline rpcvlawson

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lemur
I run www.kazkapress.net, and we're putting together a Bronies anthology. We've got some great stories already, but we're hoping to get some more. We're paying writers $20 per story plus a contributor's copy. Please visit our site if you're interested: www.kazkapress.net/submissions

Sorry if this is an inappropriate use of this board, but I thought some of your writers might like to know about a paying venue for Bronies stories.

Best,

L. Lambert Lawson
Editor/Founder Kazka Press

Offline Sne

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I reject my humanity and substitute a fox!
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Scarlet Mane's Diary
    • Awards
  • Species: arctic fox
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 28 cm
  • Weight: 4 kg
  • Build: feral
  • Currently: dead
Re: Bronies: For the Love of Ponies Anthology seeking writers ($20 a story)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 01:59:06 PM »
I'm a brony myself and I don't know if allowing horrors is a good idea. I can easily imagine horror stories that are without violence and serious fear, but I can't be so sure about other submitters. I think one of the valors of pony stories that make them so appealing is that their universe is completely devoid of serious negative emotions and their effects. It's what makes the show so cute, sweet and fascinating. When a cynical person, one experienced by the woes of life, usually cold and cunning, watches the show, one can easily catch themselves expecting the use of force to solve some problems, and then the ponies act like they don't grasp the concept. It's naïvety of the universe that makes it attractive and gives people conscious or unconscious hope of living there or at least creating fursonas that do (come to think of it, I guess that makes those bronies/fillies kind of furries).
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 06:40:58 PM by Sne »