Author Topic: Invitation  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Tron Cat

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Why must you burn a hole so deep in to my soul
    • Awards
  • Species: white tiger
  • Coloring: white and black
  • Height: 6"4'
  • Weight: 230
  • Build: like a truck
  • Currently: things weren't always this way and I know you not blame
Invitation
« on: June 28, 2012, 08:18:25 PM »
If you are a dreamer come in, If you dreamer, a wisher, a lire, a hopper,  a prayer,  a magic bean buyer, if you are a pretender come in. sit by my fire for we a have some flax golden tales to spine come in, come in.-invitation by Shel Silverstein
This poem though it's short and seemingly simple has brought me and many others join and a form of comfort over the years. It has a deep but understandable meaning that all these things are what make the story worth telling and listening to. I believe that Shel Silverstein (writer) uses this poem to speak on the diversity of life and the people that you may meet and that even thought the people you encounter may not offer what is best for you story but they all have something to add to the tale.
I would love to heir all of your opinion on this poem and i would like to see some poems that you have hound and find spacial.   

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Invitation
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 02:32:39 PM »
My Philosophy is give everyone a chance to voice there opinion.

Liberal, Labor, Democrat, Gay, Transvestite, NeoNazi, black, Chinese, poor, rich, whatever.

Give them a chance to voice there opinion, say something, you might learn a bit, or realise why some people believe something.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";