Author Topic: Guardians of the Forest.  (Read 2098 times)

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline
  • Coloring: Light tan
  • Height: 6' 1"
  • Weight: 380Lbs (with armor)
  • Build: Built to kill
  • Currently: FEELING GREAT!
Guardians of the Forest.
« on: August 17, 2012, 04:29:43 PM »
Chapter 1 Part 1
I would just like to say that I am not the best at spelling, and please, if you see a wrong word, send me a pm and ill fix it.

The wind was starting to pick up as she stalked her way up to the outskirts of the camp. A group of men came up from behind one of the tents and started down her way. The two men on the outsides where wearing plated steal armor that was chained at the joins. The carred a sword at there hips and based on the quality of the hilts, very good steel. As for the man in the middle was only covered a thick purple coat and thick brown trousers. "This is weird... Sense when are they sending people of such high statue" She perked up her ears lessening to their conversation and overheard the man in the middle yelling at the two men in metal.
"I want this problem solved! Whatever it is, Whoever it is..."
"...We are handing it SIR!" One of the Metal men cut in abruptly.
 They continued to walk on in silence as the middle man broke the silence.
"Tell me the most recent reports then" The metal man on the right started.
"The attempts to expand in the east all failed, we had a few survivors that told the tell of the shadow assassin, only he survived. As for the west they have not checked back with us when they should of. We assume there are no survivors."
"Well this puts me in a most disappointing position then, our clients where expecting land over two months ago, and because of these... interuptions... I'm going to now get some...professionals"
The group of men stop right at the edge of the camp to further into the details of the killings unaware of their very problem lurking in the bushes just a few feet from there current position. "So he must be important, otherwise why would there be these two new warriors" She unslung her bow from her back and started backing up the get a better view. Reaching over her back she pulls out two arrows planting them on the taunt string and balancing them out. She takes up aim and looks down the arrow shafts at her targets."Best take out the two more dangerous ones" She pulls back the string holding her breath as the arrow heads start to gain a white glow. Realeasing the two arrows sent a white streak through the air embedding themselves right in the gap of the chest plate and helmates of the two metal men. They fell silently without a word of awe. The man in the middle became wide eyed and looked onward at the origin of the arrows. What he saw made him shudder as he stared in  complete shock.
"What!! Are you!!"
As she stepped out of the brush into the full moon light her dark blue fur almost glows. Against her better judgement she freely waves he tail behind her back to add more amazement to this simple human.
"I am your... Problem" she says with a smirk.
"But... your a fox... girl... Thing!.."Taking a step back he falls over and yells for help waking the whole camp to life...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 01:44:11 AM by FurryJunky »
  • Avatar by: ~dcwj @ deviantart.com

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

A Game of Thrones-I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • I dream a lot (thinking) and I make dreams (games)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dreamfox
  • Currently: be nice and you will have great dreams!
Re: Furry's Dream Journal
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 04:34:31 PM »
(I like the name with dream)

you have a nice way telling/writting. for some reason they come to life. I hope you will post the rest.
also fox girl are nice. they aren't a problem at all.

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 04:10:22 AM »
Chapter 1 Part 2

The air was quickly filled with the sound of shouting men and the sound of boots in mud.
"You should not have done that you know"
The middle man crawled backwords mummering to himself. He reaches to his waist pulling out a dagger and holding it up with both hands, point facing his assailant.
"now to end this befo-"
Ears perk up hearing the wizz of an oncoming arrow and drops down avoiding getting impaled. Quickly stands back up repaying the favor by shooting an arrow at the new threats.
"There he is!! Save him!"
The middle man looks to his side seeing his fellow humans rallying to his call of help. Seeing his assassin destracked he goes in to a clumsy lunge from the ground, expecting this she steps back avoiding his lung. She then kicks the dagger out of his hand and snatches it from the ground sliding it in her belt..
"If I cant kill you, I want a pri-"
Avoids another arrow and decides to back up into the shadows of her home.
"Till next time" She says with a grin.
As she flees into the forest The middle man stands up shaking with fear as the men of the camp gather around him asking what happined. He brushes them aside seeking only the solitude of his tent to sleep. As he walks on he sees the man she shot, an arrow perfectly in between his eyes. He shudders again and stalks off giving a few last orders.
"I want a man with a message sent to the BloodMoon Pact, tell them that they are hired Tell him to take the fasted horse, that black stallion will do..."
He stops right outside his tent flaps..
"And double the guard around my tent."
He stalks inside and tears off his cloths and dumps them on the floor complaining for they are all ruined and covered in mud. He sits at his desk peering at all the maps and papers of contracts and pills out the one for the mercenaries. He gives it a look over and pulls out his ink and dips his quill. He begins writing the details of the target. Location, Enthar Forest. Race, Unknown. Talents, Unknown. Race, Unknown. Weapon, bow. At the end of the paper he sees the asking price and sighs. Right below it he signs his name, Era Stough...

She is delighted running through the forest with the wind going through her hair and the rush of the recent fight. She slows down to a slow trot pulling out her new prize giving it a proper inspection. The daggers hilt is steel trimmed in gold and along the blade is an etched lion in a pounce and on the other side of the blade a lion on its back legs ready for an attack. All engraved in silver. Turning the blade back and forth the light is reflected off of its surface is tantalizing making a soft ohh escape from her lips.
Its almost an hour later when she comes up to a huge oak tree that reaches up further then all the surrounding trees. She tucks her prize back in her belt and makes sure her bow is secure and procedes to climb with ease. Half way up she gets the scent of her brother Earin. As she climbs up the last bit of trunk she emerges on a platform built up high into the branches. The floor is made out of naturally growing vines that criss cross thick enough to form a floor with a layer of giant leaves and threaded grass. The walls are composed of long dead straight pieces of branches woven together with vines. As for the roof is open to the trees canopy to naturally deflect the rain and block the wind but let efficient amounts of light in. The furniture is old hand made things made long ago by her parents. There where two beds, two tables, a chest banded in old worn iron, a weapon rack built into the wall, and a single shelf. And in the middle of it all, her brother Earin standing there staring at her with his blue eyes full of concern and and anger.
"Why where you late! Your never late! and why do I smell them on you! Why are you getting close to them when you can easily pick them off from the tree tops.... Oh! I know it! You let your curiosity get the better of you! didn't you?"
His eyes look over her and catches sight of the dagger.
"So this is what the smell is coming from... You know I worry about you Gelean."
His eyes then lose there anger as he waits for a responce.
Gelean pulls out the dagger for him to see and begins her tale.
"It was another attempt to clear out the forest, this time north. I was finishing with the last of the outer guards when I saw a group of three of them walk out form the camp. Two of them where wearing all steel..."
"Did you just say steel? FULL steel!?"
"yea.."
"They where knights then..."
"Knights... Well thees two knights where talking with another man in very finely made cloths, and he was yelling at them witch made me to believe he was of importance, I over heard him talking to them about their other attempts to invade our forest. He also talked about how he is going to get "help" to kill us I assume. I killed the two..knights... easily enough, but when I went to try and finish off that impotent man, he yelled and got me distracted. I lost my advantage of stealth so I had to retreat...But I did get this!"
She holds out the dagger for her brother to see but all he does is push it aside and embrace his sister.
"Don't you ever take a risk like that again, I don't know what I would do if I lost you..."
They part as Gelean un-slings her bow and places it on the table next to her bed, She then takes off her shrouds and places them on the shelf. She then sits on her bed looking over the dagger again as the night comes to life with the noises of wild life. She lifts up her eyes to look across the platform at her brother standing in the opening of the wall facing the north. His mednight silver fur catching the light and his tail waving side to side with the occasional breeze that would find its way into their home. He has one paw on the side of the opening and his hand is taunt with muscle. "He still hasn't gotten over it". She stands up and walks up behind him putting a paw on his shoulder feeling how tense it is. Knowing his sister he turns to face her.
"I'm sorry... Its just that I don't want to lose you. We are the only ones of our kind, and if they killed you.. or captured you... I couldn't live with myself."
He pauses taking a breath and continues.
"I think its time you know what happined to mother and father. It was about 18 years ago and you where 2. We all where out hunting and mother was watching over you as father taught me how to hunt. It was then that he caught the scent of the hunters, they where not looking for game like we where, they where hunting us. father told me to run back to you guys that he would draw they away from us and come back before sun down... He never did..."
Tears start welling up in his eyes as he stares at the same eyes of his sisters. She takes his hand and they both sit on her bed to continue the story.
"When I found you two and told mother of the hunters she grabbed you up and we went into hiding under this very tree. But the hunters found us... Mom... She distracted them and we where able to run for it, she says our blood has very special power, and that our race's bloodline must continue... that there are not that much of us out there... She gave her life so that we may have ours.. You must understand that, and don't take it for granite."
He stood up wiping the threatening tears out of his eyes starring down at his little sister. He grabs the dagger and puts it on the next to her bed.
"Sleep now, no more talk till tomorrow... Please"
He walks across the platform to his bed and buries himself under the sheets.
Gelean does the same but doesn't go to sleep. She lays there lessening to the few birds still awake, the crickits chirping for each other, the winds blowing through the leaves, to her heart aching...

A Game of Thrones-I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 01:18:56 PM »
Chapter 1 Part 2.5

The morning air was allways heavy with moister at this altitude.
The feel of it was allways felt good to her but this morning she climbed out of bed as the first light of morning found its way into there home, grabbed her bow and arrows, and descended down the ancient oak tree. Down on the forest floor the wildlife was sitiring all around her. The birds where calling out to eachother and allready began to stir about in the forest tops. The other wildlife was beginning to move about as well. She began her walk heading south towards the open sea enjoying the wildlife. Living her whole life in the forest most of the forest animals where accustomed to her presence, especially a sertent gray wolf called Kujo. He came trotting at first from the brush to her left and then came to a slow walk beside her.
"Hay Kujo" she said meekly placing a paw on his head scratching behind his right ear.
She continued her walk with Kujo at her heals. After twenty minutes of walking the trees began to thin and more light hit the forest floor. Within another ten minutes they where at a Cliff over a quarter mile high above the sea. The roar of the sea is a constant thing here as the rushing waters repeatably pound against the allready worn cliff face sending up sprays of sea water that would catch the wind and glisten in the morning light. Looking over the edge there is no sure way up or down the cliff face. There would eventually be a root or two from the trees on the surface that would find there way down outside the cliff. But with the seas constantly pounding the cliff, scaling it would be impossible. It is here she sat down with her legs over the edge enjoying the sounds of the sea and the shier mass of it all. Kujo sat down on his stomach with his front paws over the edge starring up at Gelean with his big black eyes. She looks over at her only friend in the forest and plants her paw on his head slowly stroking his fur.
"your a mess you know..." She says feeling all the dirt and grime coming to the surface.
Kujo only looks up at the sound of her voice wondering why she has stooped when all of a sudden there is hawling in the distance.
Kujo's ears perked up as his mate calls out for him. He looks back at Gelean and then gets up to depart with a last lick on Geleans cheek.He then disappears in a trot behind a bush.

(Writers block!  X3 )

Offline Christine & Lyisa

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Double the fur; double the fun
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Domestic cat/White tiger
  • Coloring: Bronze, darker bronze, white/White, dark brown
  • Height: 9"10/9"8
  • Weight: 115/127
  • Build: Curvy, lean/Athletic, lithe
  • Currently: We're baaaaaack!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 12:20:56 AM »
This story is amazing! I hope you overcome your wirter's block soon, because I really want to read what happens next. How did you ever come up with this idea?
Christine - red
Lyisa - blue

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 03:12:18 PM »
Chapter 1 Part 3

It is there she sat for the endurance of the day, in the salty air letting her senses take over, allways paying attention to the slightest changes of the environment around her. The wind was picking up and the sun going down when she decided to head back and sneak in some training. She stood up taking one last deep breath and turned around on her heals and strode back into the forest. She un-slung her bow from her back and pulled a few arrows from her quiver. Planting one arrow on the bow string she takes aim at a falling leaf blowing in the wind. As soon as the wind died and it went into a freefall she released, the arrow flying true embedding itself in a tree with a leaf wrapped around the shaft. Walking up to the tree she grips the shaft with her free hand pulling it out seeing the oakstone arrow head still intact. "Amazing stuff this is" she though to herself placing the arrow back in her quiver. She continued her walk back home repeating her training method three more times. It was faint but it still got her attention, the sound of hooves running through the forest. She turned her head just in time to drop down avoiding a spear flying right at her. Three men on horse back came up clad in iron studded boiled leather. Two of them still had their spears while the other dismounted and produced a longsword in his right hand. "This cant be good" She though to herself as she stood back up readying her bow.
"You missed Dom!" One of the men said from atop his horse.
"Not my fault she saw it coming!" The man with the sword said.
"I then, Lets kill her and collect the bounty!" Said the last of the three.
The two mounted men picked up their spears in a throwing position ready to strike and the man on the ground started moving forward sword in hand ready to kill.
~Dun don DUUUN! Stay tund for chapter 4!~ :3

Offline Christine & Lyisa

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Double the fur; double the fun
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Domestic cat/White tiger
  • Coloring: Bronze, darker bronze, white/White, dark brown
  • Height: 9"10/9"8
  • Weight: 115/127
  • Build: Curvy, lean/Athletic, lithe
  • Currently: We're baaaaaack!
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 01:35:26 AM »
*gasp!* Cliffie!
Christine - red
Lyisa - blue

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
Re: Guardians of the Forest.
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 02:09:02 AM »
Chapter 1 Part 4

As the man on the ground advanced it was the first easy kill as her arrow ripped through the air finding its target.
"DOM!" Yelled the leading men on the horse as he hurled his spear right at her.
Anticipating the spear she turned to her right letting the spear barely missing her stomach. As the distance between the riders are Gelean grew short she readied her bow one last time letting it loose at the lead rider hitting the horse insted of the rider. The horse gave way under his feet sending him flying forward hitting the ground hard causing the horse in the back to rear up dismounting the last rider.
"Get her now!!" The man yelled between the blood and broken teeth in his mouth.
The man then produced a simple looking short sword swinging downword in a savage arch from his rage. Gelean easily steps right out of the blades path sending her left fist into his side followed by, a wide arch punch to his temple with her right hand, still clenching her bow. The man then fell on his stomach as silent as his horse.
"You killed them all..." The last of the three said with hatred burning in his eyes.
Unlike his friends he kept his spear, and moved in quickly jabbing at her chest. The jabs where getting closer and faster as his adrenalin surged. Pushing her back futher and further. Parrying the strikes soon drained her and before she knew it she backed into and tree and then felt the bite of cold steel dig into her side. She clenched the spear wide eyed dropping her bow and opening her mouth in shock. Then the pain hit, a searing burning in her side that spread thoughout her whole body. With that she yelled out in pain as the man behind the spear stared her down, putting pressure on the spear slowly driving it deeper ever so slowly. Then a gray shadow moved behind the man and in an instant jaws where at his throat, tarring him from the spear and pulling him to the ground. The struggle only lasted a few minutes as Kujo and the rider wrestled in the underbrush turning the leaves a deep red.
After it was all over Kujo was sitting in front of Gelean, Wincing and spelling her wound. Slowly she pulled the spear out, grinding her teeth and crying out in pain every inch of it. Once free she slid her back down the tree sitting there, Her simple white tunic now had a red rose where the spear hit, slowly getting darker.
Looking down at it she knew she was in trouble. Instinctively she ripped the hem of her shirt, and tied it around her lower chest stuffing relatively clean, dry leaves over her wound.
"Kujo..." She said meekly to her loyal friend.
Kujo looked at her, tilting his head ever so slightly, smelling her pain.
"Find.... Earin.." She coughs closing her eyes...
"Do you.. understand??"
Kujo looks at her for a few more seconds perking his ears towards her and then runs off into the forest.
Now alone she looks up at the tree canopy, seeing the rays of light flood into the forest floor, and with every gust of wind a fresh batch of leaves float down to the forest floor. But the light was fading, rather fast. The leaves became blurry, And Gelean blacked out.

Please feel free to post your opinion/advice in this thread or through a PM

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 01:43:39 AM by FurryJunky »

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
Re: Guardians of the Forest.
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 02:52:01 AM »
Chapter 1 Part 5

The streets where crowded as he rode his black stallion down the streets of Hearthstone. Men and wemon where shouting there wares at passer bye's waving there arms with there products to get the attention of others. Many of them ran in front of him trying to get him to buy but he turned them all down. He had important business to deal with to continue expansion, and it would not wait.
Once through the crowds he continued up the various hills witch the city was built upon, climbing the final hill that overlooked all the others, where the keep stood proud and strong. Once at the outer walls of the keep he shows a guard his badge of office, making him stop what he was about to say.
"Open the Gates!"  The guard yelled to his counterparts on top of the walls who proceeded to open the inner and outer portcullises.
Once open he taped the side of his horse to get her moving again.
Now inside he looked around at the grandness of the castle, Banners lined the walls with squires and there knights training in the yard. Off to his right the stables where well recakanized by the snickering of horses where a stable bow came running out. Dismounting he hands over the rains to the stable boy saying, "I need her ready to leave first thing in the morning!"
The boy bows and replays "Its nice to meet you Lord Era! I sure will have him ready!"
Sighting to himself he walks into the keep.
Opening the grand doors he walks into a well furnished grand hall, with two long tables at the right and left with pillars further back. Down the middle braziers sit lit giving off there light throughout the entire hall. The party started and was half over judging by how many drunkards where crunched over the table and empty seats there where. Walking right of the braziers he went to the high tables where the people of power sat and are. Most of witch where retired for the rest of the day probably sleeping off the alcohol. Scanning the tables he sees the man hes looking for, The leader of the BloodMoon Pact, Sir Kane Evins, one of the most deadliest men in the world.
Grabbing a chair he pulls it up opposite of him and sits himself down followed by two servers who hand him a glass filled to the brim. Instinctively he holds up his hand and the girls take it away.
"I'm here" Era said to the half drunk bandit leader.
"So you are" Kane said setting down his cup looking over at Era.
"And I have the money!" Era growls angrily.
Kane's demeanor instantly sobers up seeing the sack of gold that was just set down before him.
"And how much is it" He asks.
"10 pounds of Exstrel credit... Worth 100 pounds of gold each"
At this Kane laughs to himself grabbing the sack feeling the weight of it.
"You little man! Have a deal!" Kane says grinning while looking inside of the sack.
"Ill send some of my men to fix your... problem" He adds once he ties the sack back up setting it down.
"And one more thing... What is with all of thees "Unknowns"" He employs.
"Just fix my-... This problem!.. Or ill make sure that the king find out about your... little operations that go on here."
At this Kane gets up from the table sending his chair flying back causing people to go silent and stare. Snarleing he picks up the sack saying. "You got a deal... Little man!"

The birds where active as they allways where at this time. One would call to another, who would call to another, and another, reapting over and over until it was an orchestra in the forest, constent and beautifully. Today it was hammers in her head as she woke in a violent coughing sweating all over. Holding up her hand to her mouth she coughs more as her stomach mussels tighten from spontaneously pain. Then she reaches for her side feeling the sharp pain. Closing her eyes and gritting her teeth she groans from the pain and then it hits her. Shes alive, in someones bed, and in someone else cloths. She had on a simple night gown reaching all the way to her ankles and cut at the shoulders with a hole cut at the bottom allowing her tail to move freely. Reaching at her side again she felt bandages and cotton where the stab wound was.
Looking around the room she saw she was in a wooden cottage, obviously in the forest because of the window over the bed. The bed was nestled opposite and to the right of the door. There where shelves lining the left side of the cottage, and a fireplace directly opposite of the door. In the middle of the room a table stood where many wild and a few domestic plants sat while a pot simmered in the fireplace.
Looking to her right she saw a small night stand sitting next to the bed with a wooden cup stood with water in it, instinctively she reached for it, causing more pain but was rewarded with the sweet life's fluid she so needed. Once refreshed she looked once more seeing more and more herbs hanging around the room, the place smelled of cinnamon and morning dew. Looking near the door she saw her bow and arrows leaning to the left of it, left un-harmed in any way from what she could see.
Swinging her legs over the edge of the bed she placed her feet on the ground and sat up causing slight pain in her side. Bracing herself she stood up stumbling forward from the headrush. Once stable she walked to a basin set beside the fireplace and refilled her cup and then went to the door feeling the smooth floorboards under her feet. Her nightgown, loose around her flowed from the slightest breeze, making her just a bit more confertable for what it was worth.
Walking outside she looked around seeing a lone women in the small garden to her left with a hoe tending to the small plot of land she used to raise domestic plants. Standing there the women stood up looking at her with a face full of shock. She dropped the tool she held and half ran half jogged to her saying. "You should be in bed! Your going to break your stitches!" She scolded her ushering her back inside.....
(I shall continue later, Need to take a break.)
(And Please do tell me what you think!)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 03:52:43 AM by FurryJunky »