Author Topic: Hunger Games: Blood Shed  (Read 775 times)

Offline Preeminent

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Queen of the Jungle
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Indominus Rex
  • Coloring: White scales, slightly grey. Often changing colors for camo. Spines are grey, black claws, and pale grey underbelly.
  • Height: 5"6 Anthro, 50''7 Feral
  • Weight: 107lb Anthro, 8407lb Feral
  • Build: Reptilian in any form.
  • Currently: On the wild ride of life!!
Hunger Games: Blood Shed
« on: January 21, 2016, 10:36:48 PM »
Hello guys! This is the first Chapter of a Hunger Games based series. I hope I can continue for a while, so wish me luck! This is  anthro version, please no hate!

I looked down the gleaming blade of the spear. It's fine, sharp point was tilted at a shark. My eyes narrow against the sun, but my focus was not lost. My tail and body were still. I was hot, in my form-fitting black outfit. But as I stood on my paddle board in the ocean, my mind was still sharp. I tense, and throw. The spear projectiles into the shark. I leap in the clear blue water to retrieve it, after all, I may have been sent to kill a monster, but that doesn't mean it couldn't make a meal. I smile at it, my gleaming Sergal teeth shiny and white. I strap down the shark, and stand up, covering my eyes from the sun as they scan the shoreline. I wonder if anyone is there, watching me. It was not legal to eat shark, for no apparent reason. But my family was hungry. So I had led the shark to this secluded  cove, to end it. I see no one, so I grab a paddle and begin to row to shore. The tropical forest looms out towards the beach, deep and thick. No on ever passed by for that reason. I hook the shark under the gills and begin to drag it into the forest. I hear rustling. I stop and tense, looking around. Suddenly a bright red flash appears, and I sock it in the face.

''Hey! What was that for?'' Wrath, the dragon says.

I glare at him. He is the only one other then my family who knows I am breaking the rules. He breaks them too.

''You scared me!'' I growl. But then I smile.

He smiles too. I take his claw. I was nervous. It was the day of the Reaping, and my name was in the bowl 56 times. So was his, and that made me worry. I had a little brother, a Grandpa, and a Mother to take care of. If I was picked, well, it wouldn't go well for them. I stare into his blue eyes, hoping to find a reassuring glint. But he was scared too. My smile faded.

''I don't want to be picked, Wrath.'' I murmur.

''None of us do, the Hunger Games really are a terrible thing,'' he sighs,''but it is unlikely we will be picked, Pree.'' He says, somewhat reassuringly.
         ''I got to get home.'' I say, fluffing out my wet fur with a shake of my head. ''I need this shark to be cooked.'' I shrug down at it. 

''Ok, Pree!'' He says, ''See you at the Reaping.''

I glance at him once before heading off into the jungle. Bird song fills my ears, and the sweet smell of flowers my nose. I take light steps, as if trying not to be there at all. A frog jumps in my path, and I start smiling again. No one would stop me now.

I step into the house, the shark concealed in fish and net. I look around at the palm branch Shantee.  It was shabby, but still home. I scan the house with my vibrant red eyes. Mother is cooking a fish, while my little brother is playing with Granpo.

''I got some shark.'' I shout over Jamie's giggles.

Mother turns around and smiles at me. Food, even prohibited, was a gift. She takes it with a nod. I look over at Jamie. He looks at me. This is his first year in the Hunger Game pool, and he was scared.  I wanted to comfort him somehow, but I couldn't.
         So we prepared in silence.

Thousands were gathered in the town square. Bodies were smushed, and insults thrown. I stood silently in one of the rows of female Hunger Games possibilities.  I look through the male rows, and spot Jamie and Wrath. Wrath stood still, strong and diligent. Jamie more or less couched, almost invisible, looking scared and childish. I gulp. Please don't be picked. I think. I start to sweat.

''Welcome to the 49th annual Hunger Games!'' Hickory Smike, the Hunger Game tribute announcer calls to the crowd, ''Today we have gathered to pick the Tributes for this year's, no doubt,  thrilling Hunger Games!''

Her speech is met by silence. Everyone is crying or angry. No one wants this ''thrilling'' Hunger games. Not at all. But Hickory continued.

''For the females, we have...'' She shuffled around the jar. I keep my fingers crossed. '' Preeminent Xavier!''

[/font]
I am Preeminent, and Supreme. Bow, fool.

''What happened to the sister?''
''She... ate it.'' ~Jurassic World