Author Topic: So you wanna dance?  (Read 3431 times)

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Domestic short haired cat
  • Coloring: snow white fur, slightly wavy white hair, emerald green eyes
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 125 Lb
  • Build: athletic, slender, agile
  • Currently: Attending college like a boss
So you wanna dance?
« on: March 05, 2011, 04:17:07 AM »
I have love expressing myself through art...people have said when I play my instruments,the weather changes, when I sing the angels cry, and when I dance, the stage alights with luminous sparks of life and passion...whatever I do, the sparks of life and passion come forth...but i have never believed in those rumors, I just do what I feel, not what other people want, its the only way I can express myself without judgment. but other people see it as another path for success and glory when all I want is to do what I love without being a trophy...

the empty dance studio was welcoming to Belle when finally walked in, she breathed in the new air, the window was open, setting down her bag she moved slowly to the center of the room, facing the mirror, wearing dance pants and a black tank top, she turned on the boom box, the music of the Swan Lake Theme played ((http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ea90L91eZk)) the slow clarinet and strings caused her to move automatically with slow, fluent grace, she never stopped dancing even after her injury that made her career as a dancer fall. unlike other dancers, she just accepted it, but her love for expressing herself with her body was unstained, as the music became more dramatic, so did her dance, a mixture of classical ballet and Jazz. when the music ended she barely broke a sweat, barely any dust was moved, she merely gather her things and left.

I am not making any more RP's. I may join one but right now, I have no patients to create RP's anymore.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: So you wanna dance?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 10:53:06 PM »
"Now class, we have a newcomer today... If everyone could just give a warm welcome to-" Miss Johnson glanced down at the register. She flicked her auburn hair to one side and peered down at the name through her red-rimmed glasses "Kittrevsky... Jankovik?" A small frown crossed her forehead and she looked up at the new student, and so did the rest of the class...

Kitt grimaced, sliding even further down his chair. This was exactly what he had been hoping would not happen... He spoke awkwardly, trying his hardest not to meet eyes with any of the other students "Its pronounced Yankovis, miss. And I prefer to go by the name Kitt." A few smirks passed around the classroom, mostly from the girls who sat near the front. Miss Johnson merely smiled and sat down at her desk "Well, I'm sure your going to fit right in Kittrevsky..."

• Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 06:33:40 PM »
Belle arrived in Class only thirty seconds before the final bell, Miss Johnson gave her a warning look, Belle walked to the back of the room and sat down, people snickered at her "how's flower girl doing today?" one whispered tauntingly, Belle ignored everyone

I am not making any more RP's. I may join one but right now, I have no patients to create RP's anymore.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 09:24:21 PM »
Kitt glanced up at the student who had slipped in after the bell. He smiled, but stared down at the tabletop the instance she looked his way.

At the front of the classroom Miss Johnson ran a searching gaze across the class, then pulled a folder out from under her desk "Today we have our monthly tutor period, during which you will all get a chance to talk with me about your progress..." She glanced over at Kitt and flashed another of her smiles "...Of course for you Kittrevsky, it will be a chance for me to get to know you and what you are going to be studying."

Miss Johnson opened the folder and pulled out a pen, motioning for the front-most student to come over and sit at the chair opposite her desk "The rest of you, I expect you to get on with private study until you are called up..."

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 09:44:37 PM »
Fantastic... Belle thought to herself, she glanced at the new kid, poor thing. Miss. Johnson looked up. "Amour please come here" Belle growled and stood p, walking to the front of the room, she sat down in the chair next to Johnson. she smiled "well, your grades are excellent as always, you perform great in class, good attitude...but as a school requirement, you must, must, must perform you talents at least five different shows... so far you have only done two" Belle merely stared quietly, Miss. Johnson had always felt intimidated by those brilliant green eyes. she looked away quickly "I don't want you to throw your life away as a talented student, your singing is phenomenal, your music is spectacular, and you dance is passionate beyond belief, do you want to waste your life away as a florist?"
"if thats how its going to be then yes" Belle's voice was musical, enchanting, almost unreal. Miss. Johnson merely paused, shaking away the magic in her voice before continuing "I suggest you talk to the principle about your reluctance"

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 10:32:16 PM »
Pulling a pad and pen from his bag, Kitt sighed. Around him the other students had all started chatting amongst themselves. Shuffling through the papers he finally started doodling in the topmost corner with the biro "What you doing?" A young vixen at the next table had leant over to cast a curious glance at his sketchpad, her friend beside her huffed and stared off into space.

Kitt looked up and shrugged meekly "Just sketching... I like to sketch..." The girl sneered in every sense of the word, and this time her friend looked over and copied the expression. From the table opposite someone hissed "Hey Ruby, leave him alone." The girl frowned and instead sneered at the other, a wolf with a long fringe and a frown to match hers. She soon turned back to her friend and the wolf turned back to his text book on stage composure. Kitt folded his arms and chewed the end of his biro, sighing again as he listened to the conversations around him...

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 11:26:44 PM »
Belle stood up and walked slowly back to her seat, she gazed at the new Kid before she tripped over a foot, she landed face first on the hard floor, the room erupted with laughter, the teacher stood up "Jeremy, go to the principles office now!" she barked. Belle got up, her nose throbbing in pain, sitting in her seat behind Kitt. Jeremy, grumbling got up and left the classroom.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 05:53:59 PM »
Kitt looked up from his sketchpad, meeting Belle's gaze. He winced as she hit the floor and looked straight back down. At the front of the class Miss Johnson shook her head "Okay, Kittrevsky could you come up please..." Kitt looked up and got quickly to his feet. Once at the desk he sat down, shifting uncomfortably. Miss Johnson clicked her pen and looked up at him "So, Kittrevsky-"

"Just Kitt, miss." Kitt rubbed the nape of his neck as Miss Jonson smiled again "Of course. Now then, you are taking Art-design studies? Well what I can gather from previous school records you are a very capable student. Of course, it might be best If we have a few sessions to talk over your options in private..." Her last words where directed at the students on the front-most tables, all of whom where listening intently.

Near the back of the classroom, Ruby reached over to Kitt's desk, swiping the sketchpad. Leaning back in her chair she flipped the through the pages and sneered again "Art students... Worse than the musicians in this place. They should've kept it a dance and theater only school..."

Miss Johnson finished writing on a form and looked back up and smiled again "You can sit back down now Kittrevsky..." Kitt merely nodded silently and got up, walking quickly back to his desk. When he reached it Ruby looked up and grinned, holding his sketchpad between thumb and forefinger, waving it back and forth "Hey newbie, want it?"

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 01:29:17 AM »
Belle glared at Ruby, hearing her comment, snatching the pad from her hand, Ruby looked up her, glowering. "this school doesn't have room for poor dancers and actresses, who only got in because her daddy waved green bills in front of the principle face" Belle handed back the sketch pad to Kitt " keep an eye out, she only has claws when her friends are present"
after that pleasant moment, Belle went to the Principle, Mr. Tigarian's office. the man sitting at the desk looked at her, half angry and half knowing. "Miss. Johnson sent you here didn't she?" he asked, rubbing his temples. Belle merely nodded quietly, he looked up, the stressed out tiger finally heaved a sigh. "I guess she wants to cast you in our new theater, musical, production"
Belle raised an eyebrow "and that would be?" she asked, "Phantom of the Opera"
Belle tried so hard not to laugh...the last time they did it, Ruby played as Christine, so many bad reviews came from her bad singing, other wise in her words a failure.
"Miss. Johnson wants to cast you as Erik"
Belle frowned "you mean the 'Phantom' " Tigarian growled low, Belle did not continue. "go to the audition after school"
"fine..."
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:15:17 AM by Emrelda TripleMoon »

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 05:40:34 PM »
Taking the sketchpad Kitt mumbled a shy thanks and sat back down, shoving his pad back into his bag and zipping it up... He watched as Belle walked out, presumably to the principle's office as Miss Johnson had told her. With a sigh he leaned back in his chair and tried to ignore the scowls sent his way by Ruby...

---

The bell rang and the class exploded into activity, bags packed and thrown onto shoulders as everyone headed towards the door. Kitt was about to file out with the rest of the class when Miss Johnson called him back. The last student walked out of door and closed it behind them. Miss Johnson flashed another of her usual smiles "Well Kittrevsky, everything looks good. Academically everything seem in order, but I think that wont be the problem for you..."

Kitt shifted where he stood awkwardly as she smiled again "Finding friends is always hard in a new school, let alone a new country... If you ever need to talk just come to me or the principal." With that she turned back to her desk and let Kitt walked hurriedly out of the classroom and into the crowded corridor...

Offline Chroin

• Obsessive, Impulsive Gamer
  • Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I wonder...
    • Awards
  • Species: Drox (dragon-fox)/ sometimes Velociraptor
  • Coloring: Black and Green fur/ Baby Blue, Aqua Marine, Cerulian Scales
  • Height: 6;2
  • Weight: 134 lbs.
  • Build: Slim, Slightly Muscular
  • Currently: Still Alive
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 09:03:25 PM »
Chroin burst throught the doorway of Miss Johnson's room. "Miss Johnson?" he called calmly. "Who is that new girl? I haven't seen her around here before." he said.
"The only thing that you can get into without a lot of trouble is a lot of trouble."

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 03:01:30 AM »
((@ Chroin: he man...post on the OOC)) Belle left the office, only to be called on by the petite, fox, french vocal instructor, she was about 5", small figure, pretty, but a huge voice.
"ooh! Mademoiselle Belle, so good to see you"  she called merrily as she literally jogged to keep pace with Belle, Belle smiled "Good Morning Mme. Josephine" she beamed "I heard you were auditioning for the role of Phantom!" she said rather loudly, some heads turned, Belle winced but smiled "yes Madam".
"she is not fit to play Phantom" a voice called out, Belle didn't have too look to see who it was, Ruby. she smirked triumphantly "singers and musicians are not fit for the stage, they belong in night clubs and background music...and besides, you couldn't play as the tortured soul, the en genius man even if you tried"
Belle merely smirked, she knew the Role of the Phantom by heart, she put on a face of pure insanity and seduction. then she began to sing in the most perfect, male voice as possible.

Night-time sharpens, heightens each sensation ...
Darkness stirs and wakes imagination ...
Silently the senses abandon their defenses ...

girls and boys alike gathered around to watch, they stared at her in awe and with a strange attraction their eyes,  alight with excitement.
Slowly, gently night unfurls its splendour ...
Grasp it, sense it - tremulous and tender ...
Turn your face away from the garish light of day,
turn your thoughts away from cold, unfeeling light -
and listen to the music of the night ...

Girls and Boys clutched their bags, affected by the siren like voice that she possessed, Belle slowly circled around Ruby before she left the group, knowing well that she won this battle.
"Belle's voice is so dangerous...though I can listen to her everyday and never grow tired of it"

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 07:52:28 PM »
Kitt walked down the corridor, weaving between the students who where moving in both directions. Halfway down the corridor a large group of students where blocking the way. As more people joined the crowd the sound of someone singing could be heard just past them. Kitt gave a deep groan and tried to continue, making his way between the many students, absentmindedly apologizing under his breath as he went.

Finally he made it through the group of students, just in time to hear Belle finishing the last line of a song. Kitt stopped walking, listening as her beautiful voice faded away and she finished. He hitched the strap of his bag further up onto his shoulder and gave a quick shake of his head, as it trying to clear his mind after the intoxicating sound of that singing...

As Belle walked away Kitt broke into a run. Side-stepping Ruby, who snapped her sharp teeth as he passed, he quickly caught up with Belle. It was about now that he realized he had no idea what he was doing. He admitted to himself that he was shy, bad at making new friends and generally not the person who started conversations, and yet here he found himself already walking alongside Belle and smiling... Still taken-aback about his own boldness he spoke in his usual shy way "Hi...", and then because this on its own seemed awkward, "Your singing is amazing. How long have you been able to sing like that?"

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 11:40:45 PM »
Belle felt extremely guilty that she sag in front of a group again...sometimes Ruby can get to her. she looked down at the voice that spoke to her. she smiled politely "all my life" she said "many have claimed, even my parents have said I came out of my mom singing instead of crying...which is impossible" she changed the subject quickly "so, where are you going?"

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 10:18:51 PM »
Flicking his tail anxiously, Kitt rubbed his upper arm in a tentative manner "Heh... Yeah, thats not really possible. But its cool how you've always been a good singer..." When Belle changed the subject Kitt pulled out a newly printed timetable from his jeans pocket and studied it for a moment before answering "I've got Art, figure study with Miss Smith apparently..."

He folded the timetable up again and shoved it into his pocket. Kitt stopped outside the door to the art rooms and fiddled absent-mindedly with the sleeve of his hoodie. Glancing up at Belle he chewed his lip "Uh... Could we meet during lunch break or something? Would be nice to have someone to talk to other than that Ruby..."