Author Topic: The Awakening -- Poke RP 2.0  (Read 7921 times)

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
The Awakening -- Poke RP 2.0
« on: April 22, 2011, 02:14:23 PM »
Don't post here until you've read, posted a character sheet, and have been approved in the OOC thread!
No exceptions! Any posts that have not been approved will be removed!

Womp sat on the edge of a rocky cliff, his feet dangling as his rump preoccupied the ledge. The sun felt warm on his back and the view was beautiful. Although he never really liked to admit it when he was, the Cubone was actually enjoying himself. The ledge he was sitting on overlooked the forest that surrounded the town, and if he were taller, he was sure that maybe he could catch a glimpse of the busy town life, but for now, he was fine. Finally, the silence was broken by his gurgling stomach. "Alright, alright. I know we've worked hard." He patted his midsection and reached into his satchel that he usually carried over his shoulder, retrieving an apple. Suddenly, without warning, there was a low rumble.

The cubone, somewhat spooked and worried that it was another pokemon, scooped up his bag and placed it over his shoulder, grabbing his thick club, preparing to fight. Again, the rumble shook the ground, this time violently enough to jolt Womp off the edge. "Oh shit!" he shouted in surprise as he tumbled backwards off the cliff. His grip tightened on his thick club and he covered his eyes, knowing for certain he'd probably not survive a fall from this height unless some miracle happened.

He fell downward into a tree, hitting a few limbs, curses escaping his lips as he braced himself to hit the ground. Fortunately, a limb caught his bag, leaving the Cubone to dangle from a great height above what looked like a path. A few squirms later, he confirmed that he was stuck unless he wanted to fall again. At this point that wasn't an option given how banged up he already was. Womp sighed, hanging from the limb helplessly, small sticks hanging out of his skull helmet as he coughed out a couple of leaves. A few moments later, the apple he'd been trying to eat bounced down after him, knocking him on his head before splattering on the ground. "Damn it, whose side are you on?" he shouted at it, shaking his fist angrily.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 02:39:47 PM by Mortis.Reptus »

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: The Awakening -- Poke RP 2.0
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 03:50:20 PM »
Dash and Pitt were walking through the forest on their way back to town. Dash was wearing a bulging backpack, which was stuffed with various berries. They were sent to collect some berries for the Kecleon brothers' store in town. They weren't very close to town when the quakes hit which made Pitt freak out. Dash managed to keep his balance until it was over and looked to see if Pitt was okay. He was but he was ducking down with his paws over his head behind Dash. "Come on, Pitt. It's over. That was-" Just then he heard some rustling in the tree above them. Dash was a bit surprised to see a Cubone fall from it, suspended from a satchel on it's person. They walked over to investigate as he was yelling at the apple. "Uhm...Wha-...Are you okay up there?"

Offline Brooklyn K. Grey

• The Bibliophilic Therianthrope
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • Harbinger of Lucid Nightmares;;
    • Awards
  • Currently: Believing in the Tale of the Silver Sight;;
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 06:33:45 PM »
K rested peacefully underneath a patch of trees when he sounds of a nearby ruckus drove him out of his dazed reverie. The wartortle allowed an irritated sigh leave his lungs as he forced himself into an upright position to take stock of the scene.

"Can't a d**n pokemon catch some sleep around here?" He raged, his irritation rising due to hunger and a serious lack of sleep. IT HIt had been a few days since he had decided to go on this little escapade away from home, and after running out of food a day ago the trip had gone sour. With reluctance, K headed in the direction of the noise with half a mind to beat them into oblivion.

H a v e n ' t  y o u  s e e n  m e  s l e e p w a l k i n g ? 

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 01:56:00 AM »
Ember was walking along on a dead fallen tree, wobbling back and forth as she kept her balance. For some reason she had felt like having this tiny bit of fun while she was out in the forest outside of town, which was surprising since she was generally pretty serious and didn't play around. She had her moments though and that just happened to be one of them. She was literally shaken from her fun time when a couple rumbles came from the earth and shook it. Loosing her balance from the shaking, she fell off the dead tree and landed on the ground on her stomach. Grumbling to herself, she pushed herself up off the ground and got to her feet then dusted herself off with her front paws. While standing there on her hind legs, she looked around as if she could find the source from which the shaking had come from.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 12:26:42 PM »
shade was sleeping unter a fallen tree he had fond the night before. his staff layed alongside him when the ground rumbled. he started to wake up, yawning when the ground shook, part of the tree breaking of and stabbing into the ground next to his head. he slowly sat up when he heard a loud thump not far away. he looked over and saw a Quilava getting to it's feet. "you right there? your blocking my exit...."
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 02:01:30 PM »
The cubone looked at the pichu as if it were insulting his intelligence just by asking that question. He put his palm under his chin, resting an elbow in the crook of the bag as he hung there, holding his bone with the other hand attempting to look as comfortable as possible. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine... You know, I'm just... Enjoying the view from here.... Hanging around." His voice was thick with sarcasm as he grinned melodramatically looking a little too comfortable for his position.  However, his expression changed in a split second, "No everything's not alright, you idiot! Here I am hanging from a limb by my bag! I don't do this for kicks!" Womp squirmed angrily, waving his bone at the duo of pichus as if he were tempted to use an attack. He stopped after he realized that he was beginning to make the limb holding him wobble, but only long enough to clutch to the bag. "Now tell me this... How often have you seen a Cubone in a tree? Huh? Cubones aren't exactly tree dwelling creatures, if you ask me." He spit out another leaf towards the pichus and crossed his arms, a bit irritated both with his predicament and the two below that wanted to just look up at him and not take action.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 03:49:43 PM »
"Well excuuuuse us." Dash said. "Are we gonna help him, Dash?" Pitt asked quietly. "Yeah...But how...?" Dash replied, putting his paw to his chin. Pitt mimicked the gesture, trying to think as well. Suddenly Dash had an idea, making him take off his backpack. He walked away a bit and emptied the contents from it. A large amount of berries poured out and finally a folded up blanket. He grabbed the blanket and flung it about to unfold it. The blanket was fairly large, oddly large for a Pichu to be carrying around. He went over to Pitt and handed him a corner of it. "Help me tie this around the tree." he said as he went towards the tree Womp was hanging from. Pitt was questionable about what they were doing but did it anyway. They tied one end of the blanket around the trunk of the tree and proceeded to stretch out the other end of it. It was stretched out under Womp for him to jump on. However it wasn't very high off the ground due to their size. "Okay, jump! We'll catch you!" Dash said up to Womp.

Offline Brooklyn K. Grey

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 08:04:30 PM »
        Despite the cacophony of noise, K realized it had been the quakes that had woke him up. But his grumpiness at being awoke during one of those precious moments of unplanned sleep drove him to find the cause of the noises, which now included two more additions. As the wartortle approached the voices, he spotted two Pichu attempting to makeshift something for what looked like another pokemon hanging in the tree.

"What in the...." K muttered, stifling a yawn as he sat to watch the charade.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 01:58:45 AM »
Ember's search was distracted by the sound of an unexpected voice coming from the dead, fallen tree she had been walking on. Looking down, she saw a new opening in the tree caused by the quake and through it she saw an infernape inside. "Oh. Yeah. Sorry." She said then side-stepped out of the way so she wasn't blocking his exit. Since she was one who didn't talk much, she kept her answers short. Whenever she talked she tended to go right to the point instead of giving long responses.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 09:04:37 AM »
"what were you doing anyway?." shade asked steping out from under the tree. he reached bach in and grabbed his staff before turning back to the quilava and looked her over. "you got a name? or are you just another punk who's scared of a fight?" he moved his staff so that it pointed at the stranger while touching the ground next6 to his feet. his eyes watched for any movement, waiting for any sort of attack.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 03:02:25 AM »
The makeshift trampoline looked very... Questionable to the Cubone as he inspected its worth from the branch. "As much as I'd like to jump down, what if you guys aren't strong enough to catch my weight and the blanket jerks out of your paws?" he asked, skeptically. "Plus... I'll have to leave my bag. And I'd rather not have to do that." Womp moaned, feeling defeated. "This is just my luck." Another rumble jolted the ground, this one more violent than the last two. Womp clung to his bag, fearful that it would be strong enough to knock him out of the tree. Unfortunately, the cracking of the tree's roots indicated a much worse incident on the way. The cubone's eyes grew wide as the tree began to lurch forward toward the pichus as the ground came to a hault. He couldn't get anything out of his mouth past a short winded gasp, fear preventing his voice from forming any kind of warning as the tree came down.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 04:20:30 AM »
"Then you would likely fall to your death. And die." Dash replied up to the Cubone in a sarcastic tone. He and Pitt fell over when the quake hit, dropping the blanket. When the tree began to fall Dash moved out of it's path quickly. He looked back to see Pitt not so quick. "Pitt move!" Pitt froze seeing the tree falling, forcing Dash to spring into action. He tackled him out of the way just in time to avoid being crushed. Dust enveloped them from the tree hitting the ground, making it looking like the two had met a gruesome fate.

Offline Brooklyn K. Grey

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 01:34:04 PM »
     K watched the unfolding scene with mixed amusement until the ground rumbled beneath him uncomfortably and the tree came crashing down. The shaking causied him to hit the ground until the rumbling stopped, and afterward to break his silent observation to run over the the rubble and try to see if the three pokemon were okay. However, with the dust pluming the way it was, it was nearly impossible to see anything without it getting in his eyes and causing them to water profusely.

"Can anyone hear me? Are you guys okay?" The wartortle called, squinting from the dust causing his vision to be obscured to only vague blurry shapes.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 10:53:57 PM »
"Walking. What's it to you?" Ember responded to the infernape's first question as he exited the tree. She had the urge to push the point of the staff to the side to make it so it wasn't point at her since it irritated her that it was. "Fighting is nothing to be afraid of. Just have to determine when it's worth it." She said, looking off to the side casually. "And the name's Ember." She looked back at the infernape and it was at that moment that the ground shook again. Wobbling off-balance on one foot, she tried to stay standing but failed and fell on her butt on the dirt. "I'm really getting tired of this." She grumbled while looking at her feet out in front of her.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 11:27:33 PM »
"sorry about that. can't be to cautious around strangers these days." he said puting the staff in its holster on his back. the ground shock again causing him to step backwards and slip on a small rock. he landed seated up against the tree and looked around. "i wonder whats causing all the earthquakes. their to many for it to be nothing and to quiet to be part of a battle." shade got up and walked over to ember and offered a hand. "i'm shade."