Author Topic: London Beach  (Read 5332 times)

Offline Ebony-Star

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
London Beach
« on: January 06, 2013, 02:58:47 AM »
     You find yourself in London, England. You either took a bus, train, plane, or boat, or maybe you walked or was already here! There's more or less nocturnal furries about here, only one or two humans. It's night, the sky clear for once to show the sliver of a cresent moon, winking stars wishing you luck wherever you are. Oil lamps line this cobblestone street next to the ocean, never being exchanged for the newer electric lights which could hurt some of our sensitive eyes.
     The ocean laps against the shore, a wooden boardwalk extending out over it. The sand glitters in the nightlight, moving and shifting as the waves push and shove it. 
     A wolf walks next to the ocean, dark brown wings tucked against her back. Her fur shines like silver, her ears black tipped and spots along her exposed back. A white sun dress hides the rest of them and flutters in a slight breeze as she walks in the surf, bare pawed. She stops and looks up at the moon, lighting up her crystal blue eyes. 

Offline Auden

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Snow Leopard
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 115 Pounds
  • Build: Slender
Re: London Beach
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 11:15:39 PM »
     A slender silhouette braved the streets with a timid gait, knowing that the night won't end as he hoped. He lost a friend, an accomplice in a clever charade, but the past is the past, he cannot reason, he cannot bargain. He noticed a small group of teens, slightly older than him, but his shy tendencies began to kick in. He tried to sneak onto the beach with light steps, covering his tracks along the way. Soon enough, he was alone again.
     A tear ran from his eye in remembrance, but he soon wiped it without skipping a beat, he didn't want to be alone in a world like this, he needed somebody, he needed another friend, he needed another accomplice. His walking drew to a stop as he sat on the ground and looked up to the sky, enveloping himself in his thoughts once again, until he looked to the side, expecting to see an empty patch of sand, to find, a lone figure. "Why would someone be out here in a time like this?" he thought to himself, as he began to contemplate his options. He stood and walked to the silhouette, curious, shy, and slightly scared. "Uh, hello?"
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 11:20:17 PM by Auden »

Offline Ebony-Star

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 02:54:54 AM »
She looks startled by your voice, not able to smell you based on how the wind is. She looks around for the source of the voice, not finding anyone near me except you. She looks at you, her wings pulling tight against her back, her ears laid flat. Hesitantly, she takes a couple steps back, looking scared, her blue eyes watching you carefully. "P-Please don't hurt me. I-I didn't mean to run away. I'll come back, I promise." She shifts so the moonlight shines on her face, showing a bruise on her cheek. Her eyes water up as she watches you, keeping pressure off her right leg. "I'm sorry...."

Offline Auden

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 04:07:10 AM »
He was surprised by her actions, but still curious nonetheless. He stepped closer, his innocent eyes now visible. "I'm sorry m'am, I... I didn't mean to..." He began to cry as well, in deep, vacant sobs.

Offline Ebony-Star

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 12:33:57 PM »
She takes a step closer and stops, hesitant. She then walks to you, putting a hand on your shoulder as she hugs you, only slightly shorter than you. "I'm sorry. Please don't cry." She pulls away and wipes at the tears, no matter how fast and how many fall. "Did they send you to bring me back? D-Did they hurt you?" She suddenly looks worried, looking you over for cuts or new bruises.

Offline Auden

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 03:35:45 PM »
He felt comfort in her touch, eventually hugging back. "I-I don't know what you're talking about... ...But, I'm not hurt." He said with a sudden shiver. "I am cold, though." He giggled, trying to stay optimistic with the circumstances.

Offline Ebony-Star

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 10:17:09 PM »
She smiles slightly and looks around. "I guess they didn't send you. Y-You better go. If they see you with me, they might hurt you...." She looks down, stepping away. She winces in pain, her right leg giving out suddenly. She sits down, trying to slow her decent. "Y-You gotta go."

Offline Auden

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 11:54:59 PM »
"I can't leave someone like you in pain." he crouched next to her and supported her with his arms. He thought of what she meant by 'them' but he whisked the thoughts away in attempt to keep his confidence. "Where exactly does it hurt?"

Offline Ebony-Star

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 02:15:12 AM »
She shakes her head and tries to stand up but can't, her right leg hurting so much. She pushes you away weakly. "Th-They'll kill you. You need to leave." She looks up at you, her blue eyes not quite focused. They fill with tears as she whispers "I can't let them hurt you, n-not because of me."

Offline Auden

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 02:43:35 AM »
"I don't care who these people are, but they aren't hurting you, or me." he lifted her up and walked towards the city. "I know a place to sleep for the night. It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing."

Offline Ebony-Star

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 03:17:28 AM »
She starts crying, to weak to resist you now. She rests against you, her wings limp and hanging from between her shoulder blades. Now that she's so close, scars are visible under her silvery fur, one crossing over her muzzle, another set visible starting at her left shoulder and angling across her body, toasted her right hip. She closes her eyes, content with the feel of your aurora surrounding her. It was a soft blue, giving out a soft coolness only she could feel. She eventually stops crying, almost asleep.

Offline Auden

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 03:41:52 AM »
He was mesmerized. He didn't understand the scars before his eyes, but he was as curious as ever. He continued through the streets of what seemed to be a Haitian market, void of life. His steps echoed through the stone alleyways, his stomach responding in dreadful discontent. He played her words over and over in his mind; Why is she hurt? Who are these people after her? Why was she on the beach? He wondered for the remainder of the walk, before he reached a small door, decorated in foreign graffiti. "Here we are..." he whispered as he opened the door. "This store is owned by a man I know. He's nice, so don't worry."

Offline Ebony-Star

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 03:52:03 AM »
She stirs at your voice, wincing and lifting her heavy lids. After looking around she tries to get out of your arms but can't, to tired and weak. She looks up at you, her eyes slightly distant but an iceberg blue. "I.....I still don't know your name." she suppresses a yawn and her eye lids slide down a little more. Her wings try to lift themselves up and tremble slightly, getting about halfway before they can't lift any more, the effects of running away showing themselves finally.

Offline Auden

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 03:59:08 AM »
He walked into the apartment slowly, trying to make his steps as smooth as possible, for he didn't want to interrupt her slumber. He laid her on a dirty couch and put a blanket over her. "Just, call me Auden" he whispered to her, eventually leaving her to sleep.

Offline Ebony-Star

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 04:09:42 AM »
She smiles slightly before falling asleep, just as a cut on her forehead stands bleeding again. Wincing, she turns so she's halfway on her back, her right paw out from under the blanket, exposing a rope-burned ankle. The same rope-burn marks are on her wrists and other ankle, suggesting she was tied up. Her bruise on her cheek has darkened slightly, swelling. Under the blanket, her right leg was swelling too, turning an angry red with purple. Her breathing is normal, showing that she's in no pain currently.