Author Topic: Sudden Origins  (Read 8009 times)

Offline Procyon

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Eat Me, Drink Me
    • Furaffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Black, Gray, White, Blue
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 138 lbs.
  • Build: Average
Sudden Origins
« on: June 09, 2009, 05:48:27 AM »
For hundreds maybe thousands of years, humans have shared common genes with everything in the animal kingdom, for so long these traits have stayed hidden showing no signs of any meaningful purpose or function. However, twenty-seven years ago, a man named Jeffrey H. Schwartz unveiled his theory that evolution occurred not over a slow, steady chain of events, but through sudden bursts of cellular activity that changed things in either great or minor detail. He hypothesized that this could only be accomplished through a sudden, drastic change that would awaken a dormant trait and cause it to appear. In the case of many people today, this change was the introduction of a drug injected directly to the blood-stream at child birth. This drug was harmless and did absolutely nothing to the infant... for awhile. During young adulthood, 7 in 10 people who had been given the drug to test exhibited signs of animal-like behavior. Over a matter of weeks, fur would grow from their skin, bone and muscle structure would change, and they would begin to look much like an animal. When the government found out about this, they knew they needed to find out what was going on, and now the suburbs of New York City have been quarantined and evacuated as the government sends in a small force to incapacitate these people so they can be readied for experimentation. This is Sudden Origins.

OOC and Character Info Thread

Post Merge: June 09, 2009, 06:23:17 AM
Nicolas lifted his wrist to eye-level and checked his watch, it was still early. He rolled out of bed slowly, being careful not to damage his tail in the process as he had done before. He lifted the blinds to his apartment and looked outside, the sound of a siren wailing could be heard as people were put in a single-file line and told to 'Calmly exit the perimeter.' Nicolas looked down strangely at the people and dropped the blinds. He walked to the other end of the room and slipped on a pair of dirty jeans and a plain white shirt that was spotted with dirt. He looked around his small apartment before pulling a hoody over his shirt and stepping into a pair of shoes on his way out the door.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 06:23:17 AM by Procyon »
"And the first thing that flashed into my gulliver was that I'd like to have her right down there on the floor with the old in-out, real savage."

—Alex De Large, A Clockwork Orange

Offline Gáire

• Eager Elephant
  • Saver of the Humens
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Reddish-brown
  • Height: 5'5
  • Weight: 119
  • Build: Lean
Re: Sudden Origins
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 12:12:05 PM »
OoC: I am joining... :]

BiC: Exams. EXAMS.

The scraping of the lead against the paper, the sigh of the person next to you, and the chew marks on a person's nails - everything about exams drove Iris over the deep edge.

She was trapped in an examination. The blinds were shut, the lights overhead were giving her a nasty headache, and she couldn't comprehend what the test was saying to her.

"Fermez la porte, s'il vous plaît," she muttered. "What the heck?" The teacher gave her a stern look, and she huffed as she scanned the context again. It made as much sense as a chicken talking to her would. She ran her fingers through her dark brown hair, and filled in the last bubble with a flourish of her pencil.

She threw her test into the box and went back to her seat. Slumping down into it, she reviewed the test in her head.

"Ah," she said aloud. "Close the door."

"Iris," her teacher snapped. She glared back and thought to herself What a day.

Pet's name: Xeintal
Adopt your own!

Offline Raven_Face

• Vibrating Furby
  • Stop sucking or I'll kill you
    • Awards
  • Species: Raven
  • Coloring: Shiny black
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 184 lb.
  • Build: lanky
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 05:44:07 PM »
hitan lie on a flattened refrigerator box midway down an Allie. he couldn't sleep on his back anymore, it could damage his wings, so he was on his belly with his head out due to this beak keeping him from being face down. it made sleeping muchless comfortable, the transformation did, but as far as he cared that was the worst of it.the sun pooring done the ally illuminated it fully as it faced the sun squarely. the light on his eyes forced him awake. As he opened his eyes he faced another day, uncertain of ware his next meal would come from, but he didn't care. it was a meal, and ware ever it came was was irrelevant. He slept fully clothed (As clothed as he can be), so he just got to his feet and looked down the street. to his left were pedestrians, to his right was an evac line. nighther one would greet him well. he thanked himself in a whisper for picking such a wounderfull one-way place to be. e had to leave as well lit as it was too. oneglace down here and he'd be spotted. maybe the spotter wounds say anything, or care, but the might do something less helpful.looking around, he spotted some trash cans and a fire escape...time to make the best of it...set a can under the fire latter and he got both Hands on it with easy, pulling it down.

Offline Vale

• Vibrating Furby
  • so much blood....
    • Awards
  • Species: Bat
  • Coloring: Purple and grey
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 120pd
  • Build: thin and short
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 06:41:17 PM »
Vale ran down the street panting, she had not the need to look behind her as her useless eyes looked forward as if nothing was going on at all, but her ears stood on end and she could hear the frightfull sounds of footsteps behind her. every step she made created enough sound so that she could practicly see her suroundings as the noise reverbirated off of everything and rested in her more than keen ears. Vale jumped into the air flaping her arms fast useing the extended skinto catch the air beneathe them pulling her into the sky slow at first then rapidly riseing leaveing her pursuers behind. she laughed a high piched laugh that would have had  a dog bleeding from the ears and she searched for a safe place.
Its only Forever....not long at all - David bowie as Jareth

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Poster
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 10:08:32 PM »
{Gaire, is it alright that Seris knows you?}
A purple scaled, black furred dragon-panther hybrid hung outside the town cemetery, golden-red eyes glowing menacingly from the darkness. Her tail flicked in impatience as she waited on a comrade. Where are you, Iris? She growled across her link, eyes narrowing.
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Procyon

• Vibrating Furby
  • Eat Me, Drink Me
    • Furaffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 12:45:14 AM »
He wiggled his leg awkwardly on his way down the stairs, it was uncomfortable to have his tail in the leg of his pants, but it was needed. He lifted his hood and rubbed the pad of his palm against his muzzle. As he exited the building he looked off to his right, people were being evacuated on open trucks. He took a deep breath in and headed in the other direction. Here in the slums of New York City it was cold, and day, and chaos. Nicolas tugged on his hood as he passed by two anthros that were over-turning a car; they were hit with darts and taken off on gurneys.
"And the first thing that flashed into my gulliver was that I'd like to have her right down there on the floor with the old in-out, real savage."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 01:12:39 AM »
Cyrus hung on a broken lamppost by his tail, looking around at all the people walking by, paying no attention to him as soldiers herded them out of the city "I wonder why theres only regular humans being herded out, I thought I wasn't the only one who changed..."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Vale

• Vibrating Furby
  • so much blood....
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 01:13:39 AM »
Vale listened closely untill her ears found a building that seemed as though it was vakent. She circled  it a few times contemplateing the landing, she hadent flown much and seems to have trouble landing so it was a matter of thought on how to land without landing her nose on the pavement instead of her feet. She scaled it carefully and in her paying attention to the top of the building so she didnt notice a fire escape and the movieng figure on it or the mass of people evacuateing that had paused to scream at her. They looked up at her and ran, mothers guarding there children and fathers pushing there faimlys along clueless that she was acctually just trying to land on the top of a building and not tryng to eat them. Vale inhailed and held her breath as she slowly flew tword the building, she reached out her claws to try to slow herself, failing, and hit the pavement to fast jurking her body forward planting her nose exactly were she didnt want it. "ugg" her mouth released as she tryed to get up, parts of brick still stuck in her nose and forhead. She gave up on getting up for the moment praying that her persuers hadent found her out as her nose begain to drip light puddles on the ground. "gah" she gasped sitting up rapidly grasping her nose trying to stop the bleeding.im soo not haveing luck right now  she thought almost wanting to cry, not from the pain but from the situation.

Offline Raven_Face

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 02:01:55 AM »
"Crap!" Hitan exclaimed to himself as the trashcan came out from under him generating a loud crash and hurting his arms as the latter appeared to be to rusted to come down any farther then the halfway point. it snatched him and he struggled to get up. no more though, adrenaline would take it from here. Eventually he could get a foot on a rung and his rate of ascend increased. he run up the stepeds. at one point, a metal cylinder flew through the air and with a soft thud stuck to the brick in front of him. he didn't slow down. he reached the roof without anymore like it coming at him, but that didn't make him slow down any. the first thing he noticed was a purple and grey  anthro griping it's face, and the first thing out side of his mouth was "No time to be hurt, I think I just blow our local!" he said fast sounding commanding unintentionally. he waved an arm, signaling to follow him. the roof was near completely flat, save a air conditionany unit, no cover or doors in. he'd have to progress somehow..."the next buildings only about ten feet..." he though out loud, backing toward her

Offline Vale

• Vibrating Furby
  • so much blood....
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 02:12:48 AM »
Vale was suprised but did her best to stand, her knees wobbleing a little. "i dont even know what the mess is going on!" she yelled at him simply because he was yelling. She could tell he was anthro but due to all the noise around it was a bit as to what kind of anthro. She prepared herself to follow him ingnoreing her better instincts to go off alone. "I cant jump ten feet!" she cried to him not knowing what to do and still recovering from the shock of falling flat on her face and a compleate stranger yelling at her for being hurt from it. She had also momentatrily forrgotten she could fly as she still contemplated how she was going to jump ten feet to the next building.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 02:18:15 AM »
Cyrus was asleep when he felt a rock hit him in the back of the head. When he opened his eyes, another rock hit him in the forehead. he turned to where it came from and got hit yet again with another rock and saw a group of punk-kids, their ages varying from 14-17 "Knock the furry lizard off the pole already, I wanna skin him!" one of the kids said, and Cyrus growled before rotating around the pole a few times and dropping down, taking out the whole group with some well-placed and some dirty punches and kicks. Then when he saw more people come, he climbed up the wall by digging his claws into the cement and reached the roof of the house behind the lamppost and sat on the edge, watching the 'cattle' run around in a paniced frenzy, wondering who attacked, with what, and when did it leave...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Procyon

• Vibrating Furby
  • Eat Me, Drink Me
    • Furaffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 02:41:57 AM »
Nicolas gripped his hood once more holding it in place as he walked, the wind had begun to blow it off. He ran his hand across his face, moving strands of loose hair away from his sight. Eventually, he came upon a group of other anthros by a lamp post, all of them looked unconscious. 'No darts though,' Nicolas thought as he stepped over their bodies and continued walking. "Hey you! Stop right there!" a voice sounded from behind him. Nicolas turned to be greeted by a man in a SWAT uniform holding his dart gun at eye-level. "Slowly, remove your hood."

Nicolas reached up and grabbed his hood, but as he began to pull it down, dropped to all fours and darted across the street into a darkened alley.

Offline Raven_Face

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 03:14:24 AM »
Hitan broke his stride and turned to her. "there fire escape is only about seven..." he began to sprint toward  the edge. one faults step, one misjudgement, and he'd fall, fall enough to break a bone, damage his organs, but he refused to fail. he leaped with spread wings the rained feather down as he moved. he wouldn't make the jump he could tell, but he had only enough time to realize this before his right shin connected with the railing letting out a ring of a solid hit on metal, and a angry shout as the res of him cleared it. he hit the brick on the otherside and the side of his face bounced off it jarring his vision for a moment, despite the fact he'd put his hands up to catch himself on it. he drug his leg over the edge and call to the other anthro. "do it or your trapped up there!". he yelled as he fell to one knee griping his injured one. he felt a wetness through his pants. it would be crippling pain he was sure as soon as the Adrenalin rush was over. he staggered to his feet and Begin to limp up the flight of stairs to the previously adjacent roof

Offline Vale

• Vibrating Furby
  • so much blood....
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 03:25:15 AM »
Vale grimeced as she listend to him hit his leg, the sound of his bones wasent a good one. Vale took a few steps back and ranfull force with her arms straight out leaping into the air like a squirl. she dindt exactly fly but glided most of the way violently landing next to Hitan. "are you okay?" she asked ignoring the fact that she was now bleeding in sevril other places. she bent down to his leg smelling the wound. It was nothing fatel but he woudlent be able to walk correctly for about a week and being in the situation they were in that was not good. "can you stand straight?" she asked. Vale was scared to touch him but felt it was necciary as she grabed his arm to try and help him walk.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 03:39:26 AM by Vale »

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 03:28:45 AM »
Cyrus got up and started heading to another roof when he noticed to other 'changed' humans on the roof. "Hey, need any help?" he asked, waving an arm to get their attention.