Author Topic: Endless space!  (Read 3032 times)

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Rachet?oh yeah! He is my cousins friend.greet guy!
  • Species: lombax
  • Coloring: regular
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: little above average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: doing good
Endless space!
« on: January 16, 2015, 11:43:47 PM »
(do not jump into this roleplay please refer back to the endless space sign up. unless you put a sign up thing here. if our story has gone far do not bump in. unless authorized by me. and have fun!)

"living on my way ward soooon! give me peace when you are done!"  (Nix sings on his captains chair on his  ship (see attachment.) the song can be heard through the whole place as his ship quietly and calmly floats through empty space. nix sits with a glass of...something he doesn't know. And is looking out of the windshield at an anomaly far enough away as to not be harmful to his ship.) "the beauty of space!"  ^sir I recommend we scan the area for signs of life or possible threats.^  (says his onboard A.I. system.) "yeah go a head tim." (after a few seconds.)  ^sir I have found a life form.^  (nix then exclaims.) "well...where is it?"

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 01:30:39 PM by nixon/monto »
Space is a place I can't wait to go to. All the time in reality. And yet I long for the end, not because I want it to end, but because I'm curious of how this world ends and where all these souls go to when they breath no more. But till then I'll be having the time of my life! :)

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army.
 FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
Re: Endless space!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 01:33:57 PM »
^i am not sure where it is sir. The anamoly is radiating energy and it seem to be messing with my calculations.^  (nix knew he had to get the ship away from the radiating energy.)  "pull the ship away by 100 kilometers and look for that life form."   ^yes sir^
Space is a place I can't wait to go to. All the time in reality. And yet I long for the end, not because I want it to end, but because I'm curious of how this world ends and where all these souls go to when they breath no more. But till then I'll be having the time of my life! :)

FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: coyote
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 06:10:50 PM »
Not too far away from the captain, a mere four hundred thousand miles ( practically a stones throw in galactic terms) a single capsule drifted alone in the endless night of space. It was too small to be anything other than a small shuttle or escape pod, something which its solitary occupant found most displeasing.

The sphyrical room was clearly made for functionality over pleasentries. It was made to seat as many people and as much equipment into the tiniest space. And the designers never once considered that a species with more than two backs and four limbs would inhabbit the vessel.

So Drakki floated in the center, resting his upper paws behind his head as one would before laying down on a hammic. His feet were stretched out and crossed before him, his middle paws were resting on his lower abdomin.

He was canid in appearence, realitivly speaking. Light brown fur and a yellow underbelly with a mixture of hyena like spots running down the entent of his pelt. His tail floated freely in zero gravity, a long cat like appendage with a tuft of fur at the end.

Drakki floated freely in the void, staring at the sole computer system in the pod and checking again to see if the distress signal was still working. According to the computer it was. But the alien had yet to be rescued.

He sighed and shrugged. He looked around the sea of floating wrappers and empty food containers for a snack to eat. Unfortunetly the chances of finding an un eaten ration was about as high as-

BLEEP.

Drakki twitched an ear, "Bleep?" That was a new sound. A few seconds passed before another Bleep appeared.

BLEEP. ^ship detected.^ the computer chimed. ^emit distress call y/n?^

It came from the proximity monitor. Drakki's long ears shot strait up. Its a ship! "I'm saved! I'm saved!" He spun in zero gravity and dashed towards the console. Or at least tried to. Due to zero gravity he just rotated in mid air and sent himself spiralling out of controll. "Oh come on!" He pawed at the computer screen missing it by milimeeters.

^Emit distress call y/n?^

"YES!  Yes for all that is holy! Emit the bleeding distrsss call!"

^Im sorry. I did not understand your answer. Did you ask for tai food resturants?^

"What? No! Emit the distress call!" Drakki desperately reached for the controls each time he rotated by, once with each hand and even his feet.

^There are zero thai food resturaunts in your area. Because you are hurtling, alone through space, and will die of lack of air. Did you want to search for thai food resturaunts again?^

Drakki ran his paws across his eyes and whined.

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 10:21:05 PM »
^sir it is a ship...and by the scans it is an escape shuttle.^  "escape shuttle? What is doing in this part of space?"   (Nix asked very confused.)  ^not sure but the life support systems are failing slowly sir.^   "Alright then...make contact with the ship."  (Nix demanded.)  ^aye sir. Hailing it now....you can now speak sir.^ (said Tim.)  "escape shuttle this is t-9 "the voyager." We have picked up your distress call and are slowly making our way to you. Your life support systems are running low and we have supplies. Please prepare for pick up.  Alright tim open the cargo doors."  (Nix commanded.) ^of course sir.^

FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 05:41:12 AM »
An electronic voice replied through to the message, thanking them for their patronage and asking if they knew of any good thai resturants in the solar system. Meanwhile Drakki made a great sigh of relief as the message was relayed to him.

"Did you hear that computer? I'm saved! I'm rescued!" The hyena / cat / ...canid thing shouted for joy. "If i could reach you computer I would kiss ya!"

^That would violate your warrentee.^ the lesser AI chimed happily as the pod rocked slightly due to the pod being picked up by the ships tractor beam...or hangor bay...or a mecanical claw. Drakki had no way of knowing and neither did he care. It could have been a harppoon gun powered by hamsters for all he cared. He was saved!

The gravity returned and Drak plopped down onto the floor. He landed on all six paws. Standing up on four he used his remaining paws to adjust his clothing. A simple yellow vest over his shoulders and a belt across his chest which attached to another at his upper waist line, all of which was fitting rather snuggly after a few weeks of feasting upon emergancy rations.

^Thabk you for choosing to be rescued by a McGuffin Incorperated escape pod.^ the pod AI chimed, "Please take this moment to fill out a quick questionair to rate your experience. Question one of twenty five. On a scale of one to ten, one being excellent and ten being 'for the love of all that is holy let us please crash into a star to end the suffering' how was your general experience-"

Drakki whined again...

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 12:59:35 PM »
(Nix made his way to the cargo bay which didn't take much time at all.) "what the heck? That is an escape pod?" (Nix said entering through a door on a landing above the cargo bay floor. The landing he was on was a large elevator. Nix activated it and it lowered at a walking pace.) ^yes sir it is. I can not find that kind of ships in my archive.^  "so it is alien?"  ^only to the knoledge of my archives, the inscription on the side of the pod is familiar but it is warn and unidentifiable.^  (looking over the edge nix greets the man.) "a vast yee scalawag! LOL I'm just pulling your chain. Hey there."

FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 12:23:01 AM »
The pod sitting in the cargo bay was by definition large, about the size of a large mini van and cylinder in shape with light blue metal. A McGuffin Industries brand logo was painted over the side, right under a yellow painted logo of a shipping company depicting some kind of flying squid over a star...or possibly a planet. It was hard to tell with these aliens sometimes.

Once drakki finished with his 25 question quiz the door to the pod finally opened. It was a slow process, surely for the sake of drama. There was a hiss of air as the atmosphere equalized and then the hatch opened wide revealing a fog like substance eminating from the escape pod.

In reality it was just fog, the bi product of coming from a very humid atmosphere. For a long moment nothing happened, mostly due to Drakki trying to figure out how to squeeze his sevel foot long, bulky body through a hatch designed for four foot tall aliens.

First came the three clawed hands that gripped the sides of the pod in a vice like grip. Followed by a primordial series of barking noises and animalistic grunts as Drakki pulled his body through. He wasn't a fat creature, certainly out of shape but not quite what his species would call fat. Trying to shove two spines through the narrow opening while wrestingly with six limbs was quit the effort though.

When he succeeded the alien gave a great big stretched with all four limbs and a howl as he popped his back from the effort.

"Oh man! You can not believe how relieve I am to be rescued! I thought I was a gonner!" Drakki said pleasently. With out a translator however this came out as a long series of growls and yipes, through a jaw filled with inch long fangs...

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 10:10:37 PM »
Seeing the paws reach out nix was instantly surprised and thought perhaps it was more then one person so he stood there while his machines in the cargo bay were ready to move the shuttle in a more out of the way place. When the head of drakki popped out nix was again a bit surprised but still calm. He has seen worse. When the "creature" made his way out nix didn't quite understand what he was saying.) "uuuh...tim could you help me here?"  ^sorry sir but it seems I can't identify his language.^  "could you identify most of his words?" (Asked nix.)  ^i will try sir...he says he is great ful that you found him.^   "It was no big deal. Can you ask him were is he from?"  ^ I will try.^  (tim says some things in drakkis language or at least what sounds like his language.)

FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline Tairiku_Akamine

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Canis lupus (Gray Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Grey On Back And Outer Part, Lighter On Face And Stomach
  • Height: 6"0'
  • Weight: 170
  • Build: Tall Slightly Athletic
  • Currently: Hungry And Feeling Like A Newby
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 04:14:40 AM »
*After a few seconds of waiting inside the utility closet Tairiku finally believed the coast was clean.  Slowly he pried the door open, stretched,(from the many hours crunched up, and began to sneak his way through the ship, dipping behind cover at almost every sound. He was attired with cargo pants, military boots, and  a black T-shirt.*
"There's gotta be............."
*He pauses as the area he was looking for catches his eye. He licks his lips as a slight grumble forces itself from his stomach*
"Oh yeah come to papa!"
*He slowly pokes his head in the doorway and scans the mess hall for anything, or anyone, before making a full sprint to the food storage. Slamming it open with anticipation and hunger. Mouth watering from the thoughts in his head of what awaits him.*
I Love Waffles :3

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 04:11:02 PM »
The tall alien jumps at first when he is spoken too from an unexpected source. Paw calming his beating heart Drakki seems to relax.

This however does not last too long. As the machine continues on the hyena like grin begins to fade and his fur begins to stand up with possible fright. Eyes bulging with fear the wolfish centarian creature lets out a terrified yell and dashes off down the nearest open corridor, scurring across the floor with all haste on all six limbs.

Obviously something was lost in translation...

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • People have put me down, but i get right back up.
    • Awards
  • Species: Kobold
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 3 ft
  • Weight: 65 pounds
  • Build: Pretty pudgy
  • Currently: Feeling hungry.
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 11:35:45 PM »
"Captain we have found another escape pod."
"Blow it up then." As soon as the command was given, the sound of plasma cannons roared to life and fired on the defensless escape pod which was torn apart in seconds. The captain made another scratch on the arm of his chair, which had many scratches in it. The name of this Captain, was Dread Pirate John Ceptem or "Throat Biter" as his men liked to call him. He is a fox with snow white fur and piercing yellow eyes. He wore a black leather jacket with the sleeves cut off and and blue denem jeans. He lost both his arms in a fight with the old captain and had them replaced with new bionic arms. He was fairly young for a pirate captain as he was still in his early twenties, but no one dared question his skill or his cruelty.
The only crew member that didn't fear him was his first mate, Marrel Varisia, his true and possibly only friend on this vessel. She was a Quilton, which is race known for their psionics. She appears as most of the females of her race do, having soft black skin, four red eyes, no obvious mouth, a head of long tentacles that act as hair, jacked legs and a long tail (basically legs like sort of like raptors). Most of the crew avoided her as she was the strangest member of the crew, but John didn't care. Ever since they meet they have been unseperatable, even now they enjoy watching the destruction of the life pods.

"So my captain, is that the last of that petty ships crew? I'm getting rather bored hunting down a few stragglers." John heard Marrel speak into his mind. While hard at first, he had eventually gotten used to her telepathy and was even able to think back his responce.
"According to the computer there were 10 pods that had been launched and we've only found 9. You know we don't leave any survivors of any crew when we go looting." John thought back.
"Fine...but make it quick, i want to get back to the shipping docks before they run out of drinks."
"Alright my dear, i will make this as quick as i can." John stopped thinking to Marrel and started giving commands outloud.
"Alright men i want that last pod found. Anyone who's found anything speak up now."
"Captain! I found it! If we keep heading our course we'll be right on top of it." The navigator said from his station.
"Good then keep on..."
"One more thing Captain, the life pod seems to be inside another ship."
"Then we must make haste. Ready the plasma cannons, i want both the ship and the life pod destroyed quickly. Me and my first mate want to have drinks soon." John looked up at Marrel and took her hand in his. Her face turned a little grey which is her species equivalent to blushing. The crew was used to this behavior.
"Aye aye Captain!" The main deck crew said in unison as they prepared for a possible ship battle.
  • Avatar by: Plasma-snake on Deviantart
Current fursona: Tina

Pet's name: Star
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 10:44:29 PM »
"What? Tim what did you say?"  ^ I tried to say we are friends.^  "I don't think it came off like that. I have an idea. Block off the corridors and rooms so it leads him to the cafeteria. He might be hungry, if I can get him in there hopefully he won't tear my place up."  ^ oh and sir there is a...^ (tim stopped when nix interrupted him.)  "no time tim block off those corridors!"  ^...right away sir.^  (a machanical bleep is heard showing that tim is off doing those tasks through the ships systems. A series of loud pounds are heard through the space vessel.) ^ it is done sir.^   (During this whole conversation nix was running behind drakki but not close, he was just far enough to see him turn every corner.)  "this guy is fast. *pant* "

FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline Tairiku_Akamine

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Canis lupus (Gray Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Grey On Back And Outer Part, Lighter On Face And Stomach
  • Height: 6"0'
  • Weight: 170
  • Build: Tall Slightly Athletic
  • Currently: Hungry And Feeling Like A Newby
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 06:24:55 AM »
*Tairiku was still stuffing his mouth full of food, or at least what he though was food, until a loud thumping sound was heard behind him. As he snapped his head back the only thing he could see was a ginormous shadow towering above him. He stood there flabbergasted. Mouth open with what appeared to be a sausage link hanging from the side of it, and a small arm-full of rations piled in his arms.*
"I.........Uhhhh........."
*Quickly he snapped his entire body away and began to run away from it only to smack face first into the door, sending the pile of food to fly through the air and towards the giant beast. Tairiku laid on the floor dazed.*
I Love Waffles :3

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 05:16:12 AM »
Drakki by then was already well and truely paniced.

It didnt help when he found the doors closing in around him and forced into the mess hall. Normally Drak would have no problem with being locked in a room filled with food, and normally Drakki doesn't meet robots wanting to make him into stir fry!

He catches sight of the wolf like creature and his heart skips a beat. They had successfully hearded Drakki to the kitchen! He yelps as the wolf lunches at him in attack! Seasoning him with various meats and ration packs before dahsing...head long into a door.

Drak cringes when he sees the wolf sprawled out o  the floor. Maybe...maybe this wasnt the chef here to slaughter the alien and cook him for supper. Maybe it wasn't even sentient but some kind of space rat.

It was wearing clothing though so there was a fair chance it was a person...despite its resemblence to creatures Drakki's species regularly hunted for sport. The fur coloring was off and the tail was much more poofy.

Drakki sat on his haunches, tapping a claw to the his cheek while he pondered what to do with this tiny wolf...thing. He could dispatch him. Strike them first before they had a chance to catch him!

The alien thought about this for a long moment then shook his head. Cautiously he trotted over on two legs. Drakki used his other hands to pick up a wrapped hoggie sandwhich and use it defensivly as one would a club.

"Who are you! W-what do you want to do with me? Where are we?" he said to the prone creature, unable to keep a nervous whine out of his voice.

Little did he know true danger was on its way...

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • People have put me down, but i get right back up.
    • Awards
  • Species: Kobold
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 3 ft
  • Weight: 65 pounds
  • Build: Pretty pudgy
  • Currently: Feeling hungry.
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 02:06:43 AM »
"Target is within sight captain."
"Excelent, take out whatever guns they have. I don't want any resistance."
The ships main guns fired upon Nix's ship blowing off its only guns.
"Captain, our scanners show this shipis a science vessel. There could be some valuables on that shio that could be worth while." 
John pondered for a moment, considering the possibalty of loot. "Very well, get the ship in close and prepare to board."
"Aye Aye Captain."
John's ship started it's approach and the name of the ship became clear to see, "The Black Diamond"
  • Avatar by: Plasma-snake on Deviantart
Current fursona: Tina

Pet's name: Star
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!