Author Topic: Hello from a friendly otter.  (Read 794 times)

Offline Nicholas Scribetail

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • DeviantArt
    • My Tumblr
    • Awards
  • Species: North American River Otter
  • Build: Swimmer
  • Reference: [link]
Hello from a friendly otter.
« on: September 05, 2014, 01:57:34 AM »
Hi there, I’m Nick. Been in the furry fandom for a long time (around 10 years now that I think of it), it’s where I discovered my love for writing and other creative pursuits. Haven’t been on a forum since I was a teenager, and I only have good memories really of checking in once in a while to participate in some friendly discussion.

A few things about me? Well, I‘ve been writing fiction for 8 years now, juggling it with other hobbies like gaming. Went to college for programming while working in trades ranging from Sign Design to Powdered Metallurgy. Still trying to pin down what exactly I want to focus on for a career (and possibly put myself farther in debt for), seeing as I‘ve had interests in everything from Art to Literature, Game Development, Web Design, Film, Review/Analysis, Coding/Programming, and even building my own computers (PC, Mac, and Linux friendly/fiuent). I also joined a Brony Analysis Community on YouTube, which has been a fun way of practicing video editing/production as well as analytical thought and discussion. Oh, did I forget to mention I’m a brony too? Eh, whatever.

In terms of my involvement in the furry community, besides writing furry fiction I used to Fursuit. I say "used to" because I owned 2 suits, but I gave one away to help a friend with her finances and the other had too be sold to help pay for student loans in 2 countries. Fun while it lasted though :)

Anyway, hope to have fun here and meet some new friends  :3

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
Re: Hello from a friendly otter.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 02:05:01 AM »
Hi there! Welcome to the forum, friend!! The name's Acon! *holds out paw*

Offline LeoSpice

• Boisterous Bear
  • All knowledge, ultimately mean self knowledge
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: savannah
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 130
  • Build: slender
  • Currently: Drinking tea
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 03:55:18 PM »
welcome to the forums hope you enjoy it here
my twitter: XanriKard
steam: waterheat
http://www.twitch.tv/alaricdusk

Offline Snow Kittie

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 04:59:59 PM »
Welcome to the forums, you sound like someone I could definitely get along with. I hope to go to college for the same thing, and very much enjoy Web design. Do you prefer windows, osx, or a Linux distro?

Good luck on finding your career path - sounds like although it may be frustrating not to have a definite path, you are still living a life that many aspire to have - variety, freedom, and a large range of skills and experiences

Offline Garmy

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 10 Most Online
  • Is A Dark Funeral Fan
    • Awards
  • Species: Sergal
  • Coloring: White and Grey
  • Height: 1.75
  • Weight: 70 kg
  • Currently: Listening to Music As Allways
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 08:18:58 PM »
Welcome to TFF,hope yuo have a great time here,and find a lot of friendly furrs to talk to,I am more of a music lover,a so called metal head.
Angels and Demons
Reach down for me
Angels hand opens
As I walk away
As I walk away from them
holding my head high

Offline Nicholas Scribetail

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • My Tumblr
    • Awards
  • Species: North American River Otter
  • Build: Swimmer
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 09:57:37 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome

Welcome to the forums, you sound like someone I could definitely get along with. I hope to go to college for the same thing, and very much enjoy Web design. Do you prefer windows, osx, or a Linux distro?

(apologies in advance for the wall-o-text)
Well, if you ever have any questions, feel free to ask. Also, I find unique uses for each OS: Windows is great if you have the hardware to run such a bloated OS, very customizable if you know what software to get; though still not a fan of Windows 8/8.1. Mac is great best for multitasking (especially how it handles larger processes), it's UNIX architecture gives it huge advantages over DOS in my mind; plus it actually runs games really well (the ones that work on it that is). Only downside: Very High price, but the Customer Service at Apple is the best in the industry. Linux I use for just about anything else, it's light weight enough that it actually runs Ubuntu surprisingly well on my little Acer Aspire One netbook (2x core intel atom with 2GB DDR3 RAM), almost as well as Ubuntu runs on my 6-core custom desktop (made from parts I had lying around, didn't have any other CPU that fit the socket on the one spare Mobo). I love it cause it can extend the life of computers using older hardware, given they are non-proprietary machines that is *glares at HP*. Plus if you know what you're doing, customization looks something like this: You can customize Windows about the same amount you can a character in a SIM game; Linux can be broken down to it's DNA and recompiled back up however you want.

Good luck on finding your career path - sounds like although it may be frustrating not to have a definite path, you are still living a life that many aspire to have - variety, freedom, and a large range of skills and experiences

Thanks, and I never really looked at it that way to be honest. I've been kinda describing it as "spinning my wheels," but it's nice to see a different perspective on my situation, makes me feel a bit better about it  ^_^

Offline Ulfur

• Chatty Cheetah
  • I look nothing like Fred Durst
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolsky
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 187 or so
  • Build: Lean&Wiry
  • Currently: Breaking da rules....like usual
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 10:00:48 PM »
Hiya there. Welcome to the forums and I hope you enjoy your stay. I would say more, but i might start rambling so bye.  :D
  • Avatar by: The unruly pasta maker:Saoirse
*Warping through space* AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! *Sips soda* ah... AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
[img width=150 height=150]http://i48.tinypic.com/2nm18vt.png[/i.mg]
We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
Captain Ulfur; Lingustics expert and certified medic at your service