Author Topic: Hello there.  (Read 507 times)

Offline frostwind

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: artic fox
Hello there.
« on: November 01, 2015, 05:42:49 AM »

Hey, my name is Frostwind, and I am from North America, located in the state of Pennsylvania.

I've basically been a furry ever since I started to draw animals when I was around the age of 6, and started giving them personalities. I've gone through a ton of aliases (Which I have sadly forgotten), and have chosen to stick with 'Frostwind'.

I don't know if I will be incredibly active on this forum, but when I can, I might poke in once in a while.

Below is how I come to realize being apart of the furry community helped me. Feel free to read it, but be warned, it could be sad, I dunno.
Spoiler for Hidden:
So, when I was younger and found out what a furry essentially is, I thought it was something cool, and was still oblivious to things at the time. I started to get into drawing, making my own little characters and what-not, which were either a species of Fox or Wolf. I kept on making different personalities, and paused on one for a bit, which would change me up a bit. I would come to find out I was Bi-Sexual due to unknowingly getting in a relationship with the best guy in my life, which has sadly come to an end about maybe 2 or 3 years ago. I gave up on my alias that I had paused on and made 'Frostwind', which has become a HUGE part of my life.

I have come to realize, due to settling on this character name, it helped me a TON. A HUGE ton. It's this happy little fox who is usually excited, wants to help people out, and cheering them up as best he can. My own alias helped me. I've been going through depression for 8 years now, medication nor professional help has changed me, but I am creeping out of this state on my own, so no worries there. What I have come to realize is that my own alias has been keeping me from.. Sorry for the abruptness in this, but from killing myself, due to this voice cheering me up unknowingly all the time.

So now that you know a bit about myself history wise, I don't know how I could give back to the furry community as a whole. I just wanted to thank you guys so much for being a part of my life (Not in this particular community obviously, but people on my friends-list and what-not (I hope that didn't come off as rude :s)).
So yeah, hey!

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: Hello there.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 06:10:54 AM »
Greetings I'm Zaida the Alien hybrid and Goddess pleased to meet you frostwind. If you need help be sure to Pm me and I'll assist you. Until then, Farewell~

Offline Halei-Helai

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A strange thing indeed.
    • Awards
  • Species: Lahaian
  • Coloring: White with black stripes
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 125 lb
  • Build: Svelte
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 05:09:09 PM »
Hello and welcome! I am Halei-Helai and it is good to see another new face join the fold. I hope that this forum ends up being to your liking!
Sorcerous sage and cataloger of curiosities
---------------
Feel free to PM me. I am always up for a conversation!

Offline SirSteel

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Peryton
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 10:22:43 PM »
Hey Frostwind, welcome  ^_^