Author Topic: LURID - Asylum Decadence  (Read 9031 times)

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
LURID - Asylum Decadence
« on: January 26, 2011, 07:06:27 PM »
Thanks for stopping by! Please make sure you are approved here before posting in the main thread (not up yet)....
LURID - Asylum Decadence

intro

You guys don't understand - I had  to. I promised I never would, I knew I was an utter failure. But still....I had to. I just had to make another roleplay. I'm sorry, but I can't stand to go without roleplaying for very long. Especially considering that I have constant furry forum access now....I mean really, how long have I been logged on straight? A month now? So I can post every day if I want. I can actually try to do my job as a GM for once. So, that said, I am looking forward to RPing with everyone again. Please join, I hope to make it an experience you will enjoy.

story
genres used - fantasy, modern, dark/demonic nature, relationships, horror, exploration, mystery

Asylum Decadence is the codename for a mental hospital on the outskirts of New York City...a mental hospital specialized in curing and helping psychics. It is, on first glance, not as dark as you'd expect for a normal asylum. The staff is very friendly and caring, and the programs are not invasive or harsh. It seems like a nice place to get treatment. The psychics themselves are a rare breed, and even having been brought in from all over the country, there are still only a handful of them. They have been brought in for any number of reasons - acute schitzophrenia, dementia, major/suicidal depression, etc. - but whatever the root cause, these 'gifted' patients caused a disturbance in their home community that drew much unwanted attention, attention that the government felt needed to be covered up by means of sanctioning these patients to this special hospital versus a normal one. But the road to healing is not an easy one. For the doctors and nurses are not all they seem. And, every day, the feeling that something strange.....something.....magical....is about to happen outside those barred windows grows ever stronger.

The outcome of your own story is, of course, up to you.

Will you play the hero? Willing to unravel the mystery surrounding your 'gift?' Willing to help others?

Will you play the villian? Lurid and willing to help only if it serves your needs?

Or will you give in to your mental disorder, and let madness become the leash that pulls you?

characters

You must play as a patient. If you really, really want to play as a doctor or nurse you can, but if you do you MUST also play a patient character as well so that I can have a steady number of patients, and you MUST also PM me so that I can let you in on the doctor's little secrets. If too many people, or if everyone joining wants to also play a doctor, then I will put a limit on how many can play as a doctor. Part of this RP is uncovering the mystery slowly by exploring and building relationships and that won't work if everyone knows all my secrets.

Katie is the only severe homicidal patient allowed. I'm very sorry if you really wanted to make the most insane/homicidal dude ever, but she has taken that slot. I don't want a bunch of murderers wandering around. While your character can have the desire to kill if you want, she is the only homicidal patient known and treated for being so.

Code: [Select]
Name:
Personality:
Psychic Power:
Illness/Reason for Being Incarcerated:
Bio:

rules

* You must post once every two days. I understand that a posting order is usually the best but I personally do not like posting orders and let me tell you why. Yes, a posting order does keep balance and makes sure people are on time....BUT a posting order makes it difficult to quickly reply and also makes it difficult to have your characters respond to something someone did before you if there are a bunch of posts between.

* No god-modding or power playing.

* No wings. For now.

* Three strikes and you are out.

Post Merge: January 26, 2011, 07:12:00 PM
Name: Katie Sprigg
Personality: Silent, often considered mute. Tends to laugh at others' problems quietly.
Looks: Thinner and more muscular but otherwise right. http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2771088
Power: Her drawings come to life, sometimes as illlusion....sometimes real.
Illness: Katie used her ability to murder everyone in her apartment building, floor by floor.....she taped together pages of her sketchbook into the ultimate replica and used crayons to simulate unique damage to each floor. She wanted to continue on to murdering the rest of the town, but was cut short and given stifling meds....meds that prevented her from using her power, and was incarcerated before she could continue.
Bio: Katie was a normal enough girl growing up, despite a multitude of emotional and mental abuse by her step mother, who had unfairly high standards for pretty much everything. Her step mother liked to call Katie's drawings ugly and tell her she was never going to get better....well, Katie did get better at art. A lot better in fact, though she kept her power as her own little secret. Having little friends, and being lonely, Katie turned to pain and suffering to soothe her in her late teens,  and formed an "imaginary, constant friend emobodied in the blackness of night." She is a spiritual person and views killing people as a worthy sacrifice to the black night. In other words, she has long since been labeled criminally insane.

Name: Sasha Lachance
Personality: Sillly, random. Likes to help. Never knows what she's saying.
Looks: See avatar.
Power: Sasha has the power to change her fur color, and can also turn invisiible on a whim.
Illness: Schizophrenia
Bio: Sasha has always been a happy, bubbly girl. Her parents knew of her power but never troubled her over it so long as she promised to keep it a secret. She was doing fine with perfect grades and after school clubs...until she began to suspect that the heads of the school board were plotting against their students in an effort to bring down the grade point average and ruin people's chances for college. Sasha was caught by the police in the act of spying on a school board meeting while tresspassing on state government property. She was trying to stay invisible and unseen, but someone bumped into her suddenly, and she had to reveal herself. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 06:27:11 PM by Sasha W. »
x

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
Re: LURID - Asylum Decadence
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 07:27:10 PM »
this sounds good.

Name: Macid / Dicam
Personality: Heroic, kind / Hateful, greedy
Psychic Power: Cryokinesis  (make Ice with his mind)
Illness/Reason for Being Incarcerated: Split personality disorder, think Gollum
Bio: His first use of his kinesis was at age 4, when he froze his mother while being nursed. He was hidden away in the basement by his parents who feared that if anyone found out, they'd be blamed for it. For 16 years, he was kept in the basement alone, and thus his loneliness manifested itself into Dicam, his other personality. Throughout the years, his Kinesis grew stronger as he was able to freeze the underground pipes for water to the whole town. This grabbed the Asylums attention and on his 20th birthday, they brought him in.

Hows that?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 07:28:57 PM by Macid »

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 11:38:06 PM »
That's good, you're in. :3
x

Offline Villain

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Magpie/humanoid mix
  • Coloring: Black and White
  • Height: 5''3'
  • Build: Slender
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 11:54:53 PM »
Name: Villain
Personality: Dark and twisted, but not necessarily evil
Psychic Power: telekenisis (can pick up objects with her mind)
Illness/Reason for Being Incarcerated: Major depression
Bio: Beaten and tortured constantly by her parents (and others they allowed to join in) in horrible ways because of her ability, right up until a year ago when she was allocated to the hospital. She cannot speak and only motions or writes things (sometimes with her own blood), and enjoys snapping things. Always walks like shes slowly staggering, and seems to look right through you, even when directly in 'conversation' with her.

This sounds ace.

Offline Moofinz

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Species: Kitty =^.^=
  • Height: 5'1
  • Weight: 115
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 12:32:18 AM »
Name: Cerise
Personality: Quiet, timid, nervous, paranoid. Only talks to people she knows.
Psychic Power: Technopathy (Manipulate technology)
Illness/Reason for Being Incarcerated: Schizophrenia
Bio: Cerise always stayed home because of her illness. She thought people were trying to get her, especially when she discovered her ability. Her parents tried to communicate with her, but she shut them down and went onto the computer instead so they just left her alone. Until one day, a voice in her head kept that they were coming for her, immediately, the alarm system went off in the house and all the lights went off. As her parents went up to her room, they saw computer parts being destroyed at Cerise's glance. She yelled at them, saying that they couldn't retrieve anything from her now. Once the Asylum found out, they took her right in.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 12:40:26 AM »
Okay, so severe murderer meaning..?
I only ask because I'd want to use Rigor. She's not exactly I WANNA KILL EVERYTHING, but I can't pretend she hasn't / won't kill. So I'm guessing I'm asking what's your definition of severe? Also do they have to be psychic or can it be an ability?

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 01:02:53 AM »
Name: Izzy
Personality: Cunning, and some what manipulative
Psychic Power: Animation (has the ability to give life to unanimated objects)
Illness/Reason for Being Incarcerated: Schizophrenia
Bio: He was abandoned as a child and left at an orphanage. The owner of the orphanage used the children as manual labor and they were forced to make dolls that hid needles in them. Izzy didn't mind this because of his ability, he was able to make friends of his own that he controlled. He was labled schizophrenic because he was often found talking to him self, but I his mind he wasn't talking to him self, he was talking to his dolls. One day one of the children took his dolls, and wouldn't give it back. Izzy got so mad that he had one of the dolls attack the child, putting it in the hospital. That gained the attention of the asylum.
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 01:45:04 AM »
@Mortis: I think she means along the lines of no Joker style characters.   Ya know, the "world burner" style of crazy.

@Sasha: Oh, you know I'm in on this!  :* X3 :*  Too bad I can't use Nero though  x_x

Name: Entaru
Personality: His brain has all but shut down with the repeated dosages of anti-psychotics that the staff of previous hospitals had given him.  While these helped in keeping him from tearing into walls, doctors, other patients, and himself in search of bugs, it also damaged his emotion control, allowing him to go from a blind rage to smiling harmlessly very quickly.
Psychic Power: Mind-control (Very weak...can only control bugs and other vermin.  However, this control can be spread over a LARGE number of these creatures, less with every increase in size though.)
Illness/Reason for Being Incarcerated: Bipolar(from repeated anti-psychotics)/Severe Paranoia (often thinks that the bugs are running loose inside his body, as well as everything else)

Bio: Entaru was only 4 when his illness first manifested.  His parents, being wealthy but busy, hospitalized him very early.  His paranoia made him prone to fits as he searched for non-existant bugs in everything around him.  Eventually, his power began to form, and those bugs started to become very real.  With every bit of agitation, more and more bugs would begin to appear, only making him worse.  His worsening condition made the hospital turn him into a permanent resident of the asylum.  He could not function in society anymore.  Over the years, Entaru has been moved through 12 different mental hospitals.  Each time, the asylum had to be shut down due to major infestations of poisonous insects and rats.  This drew the attention of Asylum Decadence, making it his 13th hospital.

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 02:48:43 AM »
@Rigor: Rigor should be fine. I meant the serial killer, world burner type that has lots and lots of kills under their belt and is always planning more. So if your character has killed a few people, or has murder on the brain, it's still fine with me. Go for it.

@Entaru: Nero could be a doctor? Not that anyone would EVER want Nero for a doctor but hey. XP

@Everyone who posted a char: You guys are in. Good to go.

Post Merge: January 27, 2011, 02:59:31 AM
@Rigor 2: Oh yeah, and I would consider any...strange gift to be a psychic power so as long as Rigor's power/ability is uncommon you're fine.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 02:59:31 AM by Sasha W. »
x

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 04:45:39 AM »
Doctor Nero is pre-approved!!

Name: Nero Goltbenz
Personality: Odd.  It seems to be the only way to describe Nero.  While he is very kind to the patients and his staff, as soon as visitors show up he becomes incredibly irritable and reclusive.
Bio: A PhD in mental health and an IQ well above the norm, Nero is considered to be the backbone of the Asylum staff.  He loves his job and has set up a residence near Asylum so that he can be on call immediately if any trouble arises.

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 06:47:06 PM »
Alright then. My characters are finished if you want to look at them and the main thread is up if you are ready to get posting.  XP X3 XP
x

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 07:25:08 PM »
Is it too late to join?

Name: Daemon
Personality: Playful, fun to be around. A little possessive of his things. The medicine they gave him at the asylum drove him crazy for a while. They had got the amount wrong. They generally dont risk giving him medicine, but in the right situation, or if hes on one of his rampages, they will.
Psychic Power: Telepathy (speak into others minds, great influence on decisions, as well.)
Illness/Reason for Being Incarcerated: His rampages lead him to harm (never kill) many people. In an effort to control him, his parents, when he was 16, threw him into the Asylum. His been there ever since.
Bio: When he first entered the Asylum, they attempted to scramble his brains (making him lose his memory). They succeeded. He knows nothing much of why he is there. He only knows that he can speak through minds, and that he isn't as dangerous as people make him out to be.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 08:27:26 PM by Daemon »

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 08:12:31 PM »
Just to make everything clear, seductive does not have mean sexual, and the dolls is controlled by Izzy's emotion and person

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 09:22:24 PM »
Daemon you are in, and, Sain, while your post is fine for future note please no emoticons in posts.
x

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 09:30:46 PM »
Omg I thought I got rid of that -_-; sorry I typically type on my phone, and that leads to hiccups :/