Author Topic: Shadow Spear - Military RP  (Read 2725 times)

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pegasus
  • Coloring: Dark Grey fur, blue mane and tail.
  • Height: 6' 5"
  • Build: Rugged, but athletic. Relatively muscular.
Shadow Spear - Military RP
« on: April 30, 2014, 06:08:06 PM »
2020AD:

'Shadow Spear' is the codename of a multi-national unit, created by UN agreement as a joint military first-response unit, to evaluate combat situations and act as the 'first line' against growing international crises. Their goal is to 'stop wars before they happen', by precise application of limited force and firepower from a key roster of equipment and forces drawn from member nations.

SPEARHEAD is the codename of their primary team - a unit of operators drawn from the ranks of Special Forces units of member countries for their exemplary records, strength of skills, and outstanding psychological and personal profiles as the best of an already superior breed. Each brings with them a set of complimentary skills and equipment that have been selected for their effectiveness and reliability in proven situations.

With these elements in mind, SPEARHEAD and Shadow Spear are being tasked to hunt down the 'backbone' behind international crime, terrorism and violence, and quell growing global unrest and violence, following a series of terrifyingly and apocalyptic attacks on numerous capital cities over the last 18 months that left many dead, and others crippled and wounded, as well as striking a devastating blow against the global economy.
Following the events, a group known only as the Sons of Dawn. Claiming no firm ties to existing groups, but utilising a lot of methods and tactics of other groups, they are spread across the globe, and appear to be receiving considerable funding and equipment from numerous sources, enough to challenge even conventional military forces.
Having gathered considerable political influence in many countries, they stand ready to almost become a legitimate power in some regions, and a challenge to world peace.
SPEARHEAD's primary mission will be to stop them from destablising global security, prosperity and well-being - at all costs.

Character Sheet:

Name: (Character Name)
Species: (Animal species, Mammals & Marsupials only)
Nationality: (UN member countries only)
Branch of Service: (E.g. Delta Force, SAS, SBS, etc. What unit they came from originally).
Appearance: (Physical Appearance)
Bio: (A paragraph about your character's personality, a short history, and their general outlook on life)
Gear & Equipment: (Existing real-world equipment only. No made up stuff. Please give makes and models for your weapons, not just 'generic' terms like 'SMG' or 'Pistol'.).
Skills and talents: (Any field of expertise, such as marksmanship or EOD)

A Sound Like Distant Thunder...
USS Starfire - Star Trek based sci-fi action roleplay.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Re: Shadow Spear - Military RP
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 12:39:19 AM »
Name: H. Rayleonarde
Species: Raccoon
Nationality: German-American
Branch Of Service: 36th Engineering Brigade
Appearance: 6' 4", 201 lbs (91 kg), short, tidy hair.  Large scar under left eye.  Gray eye color.  Gray black coloration, black face coloration, black tail ringlets.
BIO:  As a child, Rayleonarde had a knack for engineering, math was what he lived on.  When he joined the army, the recruiter immediately informed the 36th Engineering Brigade.  During his service in the 36th, Ray also learned that he is very homely inside the cramped interior of heavy armored vehicles.  However, his CO wasn't too pleased with his work, as he lived and breathed the 36th motto Drive It Like You Stole It.    He has a relatively bright outlook on life, considering he lost both parents due to unnatural causes. 
GEAR: Dragon skin Kevlar vest.  MICH helmet, stick on back reads "DEMOLITION IS MY MISSION".  M10 Gas mask worn atop the MICH.  Short shemagh worn about the neck. F2000 Tactical TR with IR Laser, and ACOG 1.5x Zoom.  Standard digital sand camo shirt and cargo pants, standard black combat boots.  Karambit sheathed on forearm.  Demoltion kit.  Small welding kit.

Skills & Talents: Demolitions, repair, driving heavy armored tracked vehicles. 

((I assume we're keeping fictional groups out, such as T.C. Endwar's JSF groups.))
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 09:46:23 PM by H. Rayleonarde III »

Offline NautilusWolf

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • Self proclaimed AK god for the next hour or so.
    • Awards
  • Species: SeaWolf
  • Coloring: Gray with white skull
  • Height: 5'11/180cm
  • Weight: Wouldn't you like to know?
  • Currently: Holy applesauce I still exist here.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 01:58:59 AM »
Name: Haden James Murphy
Species: Fox-Wolf
Branch of service: U.S.N Combat Hospital Corpsman
Appearance: an athletic build with muscle to spare
Eye color: green
nationality: American
Bio: grew up as a poverish Irish immigrant in Cleveland Ohio. He always dreamed of being in the IS armed forces as a kid, now he patches them up. He has a fun attitude with a talent for combat. He has the nickname of most corpsman... DOC.
Gear: G.I. Navy corpsman gear, with a M16A4 and a M1911 sidearm. His helmet has "Doc" painted on it. He has all necessary field medic supplies, with scissors in the front MOLLE webbing.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 09:11:04 PM by HadenWolfFox20 »
  • Avatar by: Not me, that's for sure.
In the depths lies the thing that should not be.

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 09:23:13 AM »
Both of your characters look pretty good, but you've both missed out the 'nationality' field on your sheets.

Name: Ryan Kincaide
Species: Draft Horse
Nationality: Scottish
Branch of Service: Royal Navy Special Boat Service (SBS)
Appearance:
6' 11", Sturdy and solid built. Handsome, in a rugged sort of way. Black-and-white fur, with a white stripe down his muzzle white around mouth, and white calves and forearms. Mane is also white, worn clipped into a short, buzz-cut. Cold blue eyes. No defining scars, though a fair few small ones here and there. Almost always smiling, but with a thoughtful expression in his eyes.
Bio:
Fairly uneventful, if a bit rough background and history. Joined the Navy to get away from his tiny home town, and is abusive and controlling home life, and to meet new people and go new places. Has thrived in the military envuronment, and dedicated himself to exceeding his roots and beginnings, and has overcome his formerly shy nature to become a sociable and inquisitive person.

Gear & Equipment:
Fighting/Utility Knife
Sig Sauer P-226 9mm handgun = 4x magazines
M4 Carbine with RIS Front-end with M203 40MM grenade launcher, laser, flashlight and optional suppressor. ACOG sight mounted.
1 x AT4 anti-tank launcher
Field kit, incl .rations, water, 1st aid kit, compass, GPS etc.

Offline Ben

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • So much has changed
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Different hues of grey
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 213 lbs
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Thinking too much.
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 07:50:56 PM »
Name: Ben
Species: Wolf
Nationality: America
Branch of Service: Green Berets
Appearance: an average height black wolf, slightly buff
Bio: Ben was just an average high schooler he didn't do much then he got talking to an Army recruiter about spec ops, Ben didn't do much and when he heard how exciting it was he just couldn't resist, so after serving 6 1/2  he received a letter that said SPEARHEAD wants you, now Ben just saw this as an opportunity to heighten his skills, Ben enjoys messing around bit not on the job he has an out look that every enemy you fight will be stronger then you, this helps him put forward 110% when facing a threat 
Gear & Equipment: Ben wears an AHC or advanced combat helmet with standard issue ESS goggles, he also wears a three day assault pack and a MOLLE plate carrier with six M4 magazine slots he wears standard camo pants a medical kit in his right leg pocket and an Berreta holster, his weapons are a standard M4 carbine, an M9 Berreta, and an M27 LAW
Skills and talents: Ben has training as a combat engineer and is amazing at tactical movement,is ok at setting up ambushes and has pretty good accuracy
  • Signature art by: N/A

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 07:52:20 PM »
Thanks, Ben. Your character looks good.

I'll write something up to get us started tomorrow, and we can begin the actual game then!

Offline Ben

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • So much has changed
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 07:55:13 PM »
Ok sounds good

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 03:41:03 PM »
In-character thread is now up! Straight into the action.

http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=24791.0

Post Merge: May 07, 2014, 08:06:04 AM
This has moved a lot more than I expected. I can't keep up :/
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 08:06:04 AM by SilverwindBlade, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Ben

• Lovable Lion
  • So much has changed
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 02:22:36 PM »
Sorry :/

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 08:07:19 PM »
Well, we were just put on a beach, and told "go".  I thought, personally, we were setting up a small base of operations, before the party started...I thought, besides Silver, we were all grunts, doing gruntwork.  I was wondering if he, Silver, was going to give us orders, or information, or something...

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 08:19:53 PM »
I live in the UK, and I work full time as well - The IC went live pretty much before I went to sleep, and then I was at work for the day.
I was going to post this evening, and give more info. But the game's kind of stampeded on without me a bit. And it's kind of hard to give you all information when you've ran off all over the place.

I also expected more paragraphs per post, and more description, rather than two line posts, but that's just me.

I'll see what I can do to bring things back under control.

Can we restrict things, say, to everyone makes a round of posts - I.e., I post a descriptive GM post describing the current situation and what's happening, and then everyone reacts to that post, then waits for me to post again? That way, the plot keeps going in the right direction, and I get to keep up. Also, it makes things more consistent, rather than loads of random elements being introduced that I'm not planning for or including in my setting or plot. 
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 08:22:18 PM by SilverwindBlade »

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 08:25:06 PM »
Sure, sounds like a decent way to bring it all together.  I didn't know you were in the UK, I didn't take that into consideration, my apologies.

So, do you want us to remove posts, and start all over?
I'm sure that's taboo, but it's an option...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 08:27:35 PM by H. Rayleonarde III »

Offline Ben

• Lovable Lion
  • So much has changed
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 12:50:15 AM »
I like that plan

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2014, 08:48:36 PM »
Hi, all - I will get a post up in the IC thread tomorrow. I've been away all weekend visiting with friends and playing pen-and-paper RP.
I'll get something up to keep us moving tomorrow though. Hope you've all had a good weekend!

Offline Ben

• Lovable Lion
  • So much has changed
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2014, 02:39:50 PM »
When are you going to post again