Author Topic: Stardust and Steel [Mecha RP]  (Read 3434 times)

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pegasus
  • Coloring: Dark Grey fur, blue mane and tail.
  • Height: 6' 5"
  • Build: Rugged, but athletic. Relatively muscular.
Stardust and Steel [Mecha RP]
« on: May 12, 2014, 06:16:43 PM »
In the year 2150, humanity has - finally - left behind the cradle of Earth, and ventured out into the Solar System, establishing settlements on the numerous moons, asteroids and planets of the Solar System, as well as orbiting stations and colonies.

The energy crisis of the mid 21st century could've come to an end with the production of the worlds' first viable fusion reactor in the late 2060's. This resulted in a race of space exploration as greater resources of Helium-3 were required to sustain fusion reactions.

As space was increasingly explored, new settlements were raised, and restrictions removed as increasingly liberal and diverse governments were established on many of these worlds, and even in the newly prosperous countries of Earth, elevating themselves over former concerns as money and work poured into previously disadvantaged regions, their governments offering incentives for new industry on their territory, free of the treaties and regulations elsewhere.
The Earth Government became a singular entity around 2086, with the founding of the first colonies on the moon and on Mars, and the deployment of the Jupiter Fleet and Asteroid Fleets to begin mining for Helium 3, as well as raw materials for the continuing expansion of the human population.

With the demand for workers and numbers in the expanding sphere of human influence, humans developed genetically engineered 'assistant' workers to assist with space exploration and working in hostile environments. These beings were created by splicing together human DNA with animal characteristics, creating a race of Genetically Engineered people - otherwise known as Gennies, or GE's. They first came to public attention in 2105, when the first 'models' were released for use by corporations, after being developed in a number of countries in Africa and East Asia, as well as in the Jupiter colonies.

The first ones were not much more than animals with some rudimentary understanding of complex instructions and more sophisticated thought-patterns. However, as the understanding of the process increased, the sophistication of the GE's grew, leading to fully humanoid animal hybrids, with developed and complex intelligence and full personalities. This lead to dissension among many people and governments, leading to the Space Colonies forming their own governments with increasing independence from Earth's control on the various worlds - such as the Jupiter Sphere, Venusian Orbit and the Asteroid Belt - though the Luna settlements and earth-orbiting colonies remained under Earth control, around 2120, as the development of space colonisation reached it's peak, and the population of the Jupiter Sphere reached over one million people, and it's economic output was equal to a large country on Earth.
Part of the Jupiter Sphere's declarations and government charter included freedom and liberty for GE's and people of all races, which was at odds with the Earth Government's charter, which kept GE's as second-class citizens with no real rights of their own beyond a handful of token freedoms, such as owning their own property, limited free-time and financial independence and even limitations on the size of their families, as opposed to the 'pure' humans, who, while under restrictions due to overcrowding and the sagging state the environment and resources on Earth, enjoyed considerably more freedoms than their GE counterparts.

A frosty peace remained throughout this period, though many covert operations were later exposed, as the Earth Government attempted to retain connections to the Jupiter Sphere and Venusian government, as well as that of the fledgling Martian government, who depend on Earth for much of their support, especially as the Terraforming effort begun in 2100 continues.

Alongside all of this is the development of exoskeletons for use in space and heavy environments. The first such systems were little more than augmented space-suits, but as their sophistication increased, they increased in size, relying more heavily on robotics and artificial systems, and becoming more piloted vehicles than worn suits. The breakthrough in fusion power, and then its' reduction in size allowed for the Exoskeletons - or XO's - to become much smaller and avoid being relian on tethered power or limited batteries. Materials breakthroughs allowed for stronger, lighter frames and armour, and the successful production of room-temperature superconductors allowed for rapid processing of command inputs and sensor relay, establishing the XO as one of the driving forces in exploration.
Following the Colony Rebellion of 2112, the XO became a weapon of war, as the colonists haphazardly armed their XO's to fight against EarthGov fighters, scoring a surprising success in space, as well as dominating the light armour and utility vehicles of the Astromarines in the close confines of the colony interiors.
The Jupiter Sphere took note of this, and deployed its' first purpose-built XO's late the next year, with Earth following suit early the year after. Since then, there has been an unofficial XO 'arms race' as the technology develops in leaps and bounds, though it still is placed alongside other, more conventional weapon systems, and the XO is not invulnerable, by sheer virtue of its' size and design.

For the next fifteen years, things existed in a steady state of wary cold war. Numerous small-scale skirmishes broke out, as the various power blocs danced around all-out war. Increasingly, both groups built up their military forces as their populations grew, and more and more often debates of policy broke down, over contentious issues such as Martian Independence, trade agreements, immigration rights and more. EarthGov - now named the Terran Republic - accused numerous incidents of sepratist terrorism on Luna, the Asteroids and Mars as evidence of Jovian interference, while the Jovian Alliance directed accusations - and exposes - back at the republic, showing it's interference in the politics and affairs of other groups, as well as their own record of human - and GE - rights abuses, which they dismissed out of hand.

The GE population, meanwhile, grows extensively in the Jupiter Sphere, and they have become an increasingly normal part of the population, mingling with the human people there, and slowly becoming part of the Jovian Alliance, holding positions of authority in business, government and the military alike. The first squadrons of GE XO pilots have graduated, and have joined the buildup of forces around Mars, as part of the increasing 'patrols' around the area.

Finally, things have reached a head, as on its' day of inauguration, the Martian Space Elevator was destroyed by a terrorist attack. Thousands died as the elevator fell, with tens of thousands more injured. The Republic immediately wheeled out its' accusations against the Alliance, but the Venusian and Asteroid Belt governments stepped forward to debunk the claims, with the Venusian Intelligence Agency having found evidence that points to Republic involvement.
Mars immediately declared itself separate from the Republic, which in turn declared it was taking control from the Mars Government, as an 'internal security action', and began landing troops - as well as running interception missions against the Venusian Governments vessels attempting to pass through Earth or Martian space, causing the Jovian government to act further against the Republic.
Mars seeks help from Jupiters forces, and the stage is set for the powers to clash - even as other smaller, quieter governments draw their own plans up in the shadows.

At the head of this, the first all-GE XO unit, the Roughriders, are sent to test their mettle - and that of their XO's - in combat...

---------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------
More info -

This is a game based loosely around the Mobile Suit Gundam Universal Century universe, as well as the universe of the Jovian Chronicles role-playing game, and some influences from the Western animation series Exo Squad.
It is a distinctly Real Robot setting, as opposed to a more fantastical Super Robot setting - so, no shouting your attacks, no summoning your mecha, and no combining robots.
It is more a setting with understandable and relatable technology - such as cannon, machine-guns, missiles and lasers and the like, rather than 'black hole guns', and other bizarre technology.

XO's are agile, fast and responsive. More like a Gundam, Arm Slave from Full Metal Panic or a Variable Fighter from Macross (although they do not transform), than a lumbering humanoid 'tank' from Battletech.
The average XO stands around two to three stories tall, with the pilot within the torso, in a very cramped cockpit. They control their machine through touch-sensitive holographic controls, voice commands, and an array of helmet displays and interfaces, as well as traditional controls. Their piloting suits double as space-suits, and light body armour against shrapnel.
An XO is NOT an invincible super-weapon - shoulder-fired missiles from infantry, vehicle-mounted weapons and other similar weapons mounted on comparably-sized vehicles can damage and destroy them.

XO's come in a variety of makes and models, and most have interchangable hardpoints for weapons, allowing them to be flexible for their missions, much like a modern-day jet fighter or attack helicopter. Most XO's have two shoulder hardpoints, two hands, and two forearm hardpoints along with two waist ones for support equipment (such as spare magazines or hand-thrown grenades, or knives and other melee weapons).
Most XO's are capable of limited flight within an atmosphere (in the form of long jumps or sustained hovering), and full free flight in a vacuum or low gravity. 'Flight packs' are also available for most XO's.

--------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------
Other rules:

-Post more than two lines when you post in character. Please try and give your character some depth, insight and motivation.
-This is a hard-science setting. No superpowers, magic, or other 'non sci-fi' stuff.
-Please follow a third-person perspective - i.e. 'He did, she did, he said' rather than 'I said, I did, I went'.
-Also, posts should be in a narrative style, as if part of a book.
-Please use the character and mecha sheet templates below.
-Keep your character and mecha within the setting. Consistency between characters and the technology makes the game better.
-The GM - i.e., me - is in charge of the plot and it's developments. Please do not introduce any new technology or story elements without checking it's okay first.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Appearance:
Picture or description is fine
Personality: A short paragraph describing their personality and general temperment. Please try to avoid cliches and Mary Sues.
Call sign: A nickname they've been given for their performance in battle. Again, try not to be too cliched.
Personal weapons or equipment: Remember, you're a pilot not an infantryman. You'll have minimal weapons. And if you're lucky, you won't have to use them.

XO Sheet:
XO Name:
Function:
I.E. Recon, heavy assault, etc.
Appearance: Picture or verbal description is fine
Standard weapons:
You may have two free built in small-caliber machine-guns, as well as the hardpoint mounted weapons, which are interchangable.
Other systems:
Other systems or equipment of note:
such as advanced sensor systems and the like (note that an XO has a suite of sensors built in already, much like a modern-day aircraft or other fighting vehicle).

I realize this is a lot of information and detail, and that will probably put most people off... but I want to see how much detail people are willing to actually put in. And inevitably, to be disappointed :P
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 07:26:12 AM by SilverwindBlade »
A Sound Like Distant Thunder...
USS Starfire - Star Trek based sci-fi action roleplay.

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
Re: Stardust and Steel [Mecha RP]
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 03:22:56 PM »
Character Sheet:

Name: Ayumi Matsumoto
Species:
Blue tongued skink
Appearance:
Standing just over 5'0 and weighing less than 110lbs, Ayumi is the picture of a lithe acrobat. Her shoulders are small, her chest is flatish, and her body shape is almost featureless. Her smooth-scaled tail is about as long as it she is tall, helping her balance. It starts thick at her tailbone then slowly and smoothly thins  down to a fine tip and as if to accomodate her tail her hips are very  wide compared to her shoulders and waist. Long black hair cascades down her back down to her waist the pitch black strands broken up by several crimson streaks in it. Deep green eyes contrast the dark brown scales that cover her body.
Personality: Ayumi is an extremely dedicated XO pilot, proof of that being that she is one of the youngest GE's to graduate as a full fledged pilot. She is usually perceived as a cold person with a volatile personality that can go from calm to aggressive in a matter of seconds, this usually comes out when she is piloting, giving her the advantage of being very hard to predict.
Call sign: Wasp
Personal weapons or equipment: Single utility combat knife, Pilots' body armour/harness and helmet

XO Sheet:

XO Name: Blackout
Function:
Recon/long range support
Appearance:
Standard weapons:
Hard point weapons. XR-12 Anti armor rail rifle or Xrs-40mm smooth-bore cannon
Other systems: Optional extended flight pack,
2 x built-in head-mounted 12.7mm miniguns
1 x utility/fighting knife
Other systems or equipment of note: ECS:Electronic camouflage Systems(Uses 6 hard points when installed) or EETS:Expanded Electronic Targeting Systems(uses 2 hard points)

ECS:

A form of active camouflage using Prototype technology that provides near total concealment from RADAR and other electromagnetic forms of detection, the system works by utilizing a rapidly oscillating laser screen to project some sort of distortion around the concealed object.(6 hard point usage. 2 hard points used as sensory imput , 4 Hard points then create the oscillating laser screen)
EETS:
By including a secondary processor core to a XO's main systems the XO is able to procces a much larger amount of data in a  much shorter amount of time which in turns allows for a expanded sensory system to be installed. This secondary sensor package allows for much greater detection range of hostile targets, greater sensitivity to all sensors, as well as allowing weapon systems to lock on with a greater speed. (2 hard point usage 1:Sensor processing core 2:Expanded sensor package.)

« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 05:11:51 PM by Suzumibachii »

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Helios
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Natural fur coloration with teal hair and golden orange eyes
  • Height: 6 feet flat
  • Weight: 185 pounds
  • Build: Tall, and Lanky
  • Currently: I am Shiro Champion of the Elynx Four!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 05:24:44 PM »
Oh I wanna sign up. I'll post tonight when I have internet on my laptop!

Jet/jump packs are allowed yes???
  • Signature art by: Luna

We don't ask for the life we are given, but we can ask ourselves to live it to the fullest.

I sometimes think as many as six impossible things before breakfast ~ Alice, Through the Looking Glass

If you think I put little effort into getting dressed, just see how little I'll need to put into kicking your ass ~ Trixsie Vixen

Expert Hugger, King of the Forums, and God of the Sun, Dead, and Sea!

This isn't going to my head I swear!

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 08:29:04 PM »
Suzumi - brilliant character and XO, they both look fine and are approved :)

Shiro - Yes, jump packs are allowed for XO's. No flight packs beyond the specified extended range flight booster, it's pretty much explained in the opening post details. Obviously, since it's set across the planets of the Solar System anyway, then it'll vary where you are on how well your XO flies. On a low-gravity planetoid or moon, you'll be able to soar, while in Earth's atmosphere, you may be limited to clumsy jumps.

I'll post my own character over the weekend as well. Three peeps is enough to start, I'd say. Hopefully we may pick up a few more.

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Helios
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 01:23:07 PM »
Character Sheet:Name: Kai Novarus (No-Var-Us)

Species: Weasel

Personality: Outside of battle Kai is quiet and well mannered. He is a bookish man and tends to spend
most of his time outside researching and studying. He is easily annoyed by people who are ignorant or talkative. He is always willing to help others and will go out of his way to help them. He is shy in all aspects of life and often has trouble actually socializing. Kai prefers controlled chaos both in and out of battle as seen by his messy appearance and somewhat unpredictable battle style.

Appearance: Kai stands about 6’4” and weighs 180ibs. He has long, shaggy, teal hair. His eyes are a sterling silver and his coat a shimmering gold. Kai wears a white undershirt, a teal skin tight t-shirt, a black leather coat, and a pair of lose, tattered, and torn black jeans. His face is soft and rounded, his ears are pointed, and he has rounded eyes. He has two gold studs in his left ear and one in his right. His boots are slightly higher than the ankles and are black, with ornate silver buckles. He has two tattoos, the word 'Chaos' (It's just the Oblivion Gate symbol) in teal on his right hand and a silver ‘X’ on his left. His belt is silver with gold trimming. Kai always has a pencil or pen in his right ear.

Call sign: Rune.

Personal weapons or equipment: A small-caliber pistol meant for do or die situations should hand to hand combat occur, and a silver journal he uses to keep thoughts and info about the enemy. XO Sheet:

XO Name: Discord

Function: Front Line Support

Appearance: Discord is bulkier than most XOs being a front line. It's thicker than average plating makes it a great bullet absorbing XO. He has fluorescent orange and red coloring, making him an easier target on the battle field making him the ultimate distraction. He has a limited range jump pack to allow him to traverse most canyons and other large gaps on planet surfaces.

Standard weapons: Discord sports two small-caliber controlled burst (three shot) machine-guns. He also has shoulder mounted 40-mm cannon.

Other systems: Self Repair Technology (SRT)

Other systems or equipment of note: Discord has Self Repair Technology (SRT). The SRT is hardwired in, and will preform low key, but essential repairs, like putting out internal electrical fires.
(I prefer typing dialogue in color for easier distinction. Hopefully that's not an issue. Anyway I don't know a lot about Mechs, but I've been interested to learn. So please bare with me. Also if the SRT is too much let me know I'll take it out.)

We don't ask for the life we are given, but we can ask ourselves to live it to the fullest.

I sometimes think as many as six impossible things before breakfast ~ Alice, Through the Looking Glass

If you think I put little effort into getting dressed, just see how little I'll need to put into kicking your ass ~ Trixsie Vixen

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 01:36:01 PM »
Name: Sean Blade
Species: European Red Fox
Appearance:
Not overly tall, Blade stands at around 5'6", and has a fairly compact build. While he is quite muscular, it is less of a 'powerhouse', and much more of a build built by repetitive exercise and hard work, somewhat scrappy and solid.
His left eye has been damaged in the past, and is now covered by a simple black leather patch, and numerous small scars mar his appearance, making him look somewhat older than his years, combined with greying fur around his muzzle, and greying hair from a hard-living life of fighting and related hardships.
Nonetheless, his single remaining eye is a warm shade of brown, and has plenty of lively expression in it, and he has a soft smile at most times.
His hair is worn short and practical, and his clothing is much the same, tending toward hard-wearing and practical items, such as work boots and cargo or combat trousers, and checked or plain work shirts.

Personality:Coming across like a 'good ol' boy' from the old south, Blade is nonetheless daring, quick-witted and very sharp. He has spent much of his life fighting in one way or another, and the rest of his time learning and studying, developing his mind and wits. As a result he often seems less intelligent than he really is.
Generally otherwise, he is quite friendly and approachable, and enjoys being sociable with others.

Call sign: Silverwind

Personal weapons or equipment: Pilots' body armour/harness and helmet, survival/utility knife and standard issue combat pistol.

XO Sheet:
XO Name:
Jager
Function: Special Operations Command XO
Appearance:
A special operations adaptation of the 'blackout' model of XO. More or less the same in appearance, but with increased armour in some areas, and some other multi-use components, such as additional external load-bearing cargo hooks and anchor-points, as well as an advanced communications and sensor suite, which results in more antennae and 'lumps' for cooling and ventilation for these systems. Additionally, the XO has a more 'utilitarian' appearance, with bulkier shoulder, knee and elbow joints, and reinforced hands. The optical sensors are also covered by a single-piece visor, rather than binocular ports. Overall, the XO has a grey on grey colour scheme.

Standard weapons:
2 x built-in head-mounted 12.7mm miniguns
1 x utility/fighting knife
2 x shoulder hardpoints
2 x forearm hardpoint
2 x hip hardpoints
Any combination of flame-throwers, grenade launchers, autocannon, missile or rocket launchers, etc.
Standard loadout is of a hand-held 25mm autocannon rifle with an underslung single-shot anti-armour rocket, a shoulder-mounted quad-pack of multi-purpose missiles, and a shield on the left forearm. Magazines for the autocannon rifle are concealed on the rear face of the shield.

Other systems:
'Data-fusion' commnications command control intelligence (C3I) system for field commanders.
ECM/ECCM suite
Chaff/flare/smoke launchers and decoys
close-range anti-infantry flechette dischargers

Other systems or equipment of note: None

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • Helios
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 02:13:32 PM »
I like the looks of him! Also I couldn't help, but feel a certain Nick Fury like appearance. Excited to start though!

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 07:10:03 PM »
You're not the first one to point out his similarities to Nick Fury, though they are unintentional!
I'll get some plot up and running tomorrow.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 10:44:31 PM »
Have I missed the signup for this?

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • Helios
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 10:48:27 PM »
I don't believe so no!

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 10:55:22 PM »
Alright, I'll begin character creation...as soon as I get an idea.

PS: What kind of Mechs are we looking at, here?  The more refined and sophisticated, like Gundam?  Or a little more clunky and basic?

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • Helios
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 10:57:37 PM »
Its all in the original post, but more Gumdam like

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 11:02:31 PM »
Right, I wondered where that discussion got to.  I assume that we have one XO, because I'm stuck between two to pick from.
1.Mobile Gun Platform Prometheus.
--------------------OR-------------------------
2.Fast Shock-trooper Platform Psycho.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 11:08:40 PM by H. Rayleonarde III »

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2014, 08:34:28 PM »
Ahoy-hoy. Sorry for the delays on this, I've had a quite busy week so far. Not to mention, I was quietly hoping we might get a couple more players too.
All the same, I'll try and get the IC up tomorrow evening or over the weekend - especially since we have a bank holiday here in the UK, so I'll have an extra day.

As I've said previously, it won't all be COMBATCOMBATCOMBAT all the time; I'd like to run this as a very story-and-character driven game, like a truly good mecha show would/should be, with a lot of reflective and quiet moments alongside the action. I will have a plot of some kind too.

As for questions re: the mecha, here's a couple of images for reference:

Size-wise:

In terms of their general 'look' and sophistication, then yeah, the Universal Century setting of Gundam isn't far off, though probably not even that advanced (in terms of the beam weapons, which are rarer in this setting), and there are no 'Newtypes' either. But the look is about there, and the general 'ubiquitous' nature of mechs - mass produced, multiple variants for different jobs, and very 'utilitarian' in approach (i.e., easily replaced and scrapped, used widely, etc).
Culturally, imagine them like fighter jets are now: They're a big part of warfare, and they're important to strategy. They also require a highly trained crew both for piloting and for support, and are relatively expensive and few in number compared to other resources, such as infantry and ground vehicles. They also have the same 'niche' in that people find them interesting to obsess over as a kind of 'elite' occupation and interest, like XO models, shows, and (in the future anyway) museums.

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2014, 08:44:43 PM »
Nice touch on the beam weapons....I sneaked in a quick modification to my XR weapon. Its no longer a long ranged laser sniper.
Say hello to the Experimental Long range weapon XII: High caliber magnetic rail rifle. Fires 45mm depleted uranium slugs at extreme velocities by surrounding the slug in a magnetized plasma before firing it down a series of super conducting magnets that should accelerate it to approximately 2.4 km/s or if over charged up to 3km/s. It is a single shot weapon that requires 75 seconds to cool down and load another slug, each slug is about 4kgs. Also as you can imagine the energy drain on the XO is large so realistically with time required to lock on, lock down the joins it is a very slow weapon but devastating.

Assuming its allowed.