Author Topic: Knox county OOC  (Read 5768 times)

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Hope, however desperate, is never without merit
  • Species: Coyote! Canis Latrans (best canine)
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 71 kilograms
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: BACK
Knox county OOC
« on: February 10, 2015, 11:26:06 PM »
so yes, This is an RP inspired by project zomboid. If you haven't played the game, It's basically your standard zombie survival affair set in Knox County, Kentucky.
The zombies are of the slow, Damage to the head variety.
now let me lay out some basic rules!
All of the obvious ones apply (godmodding, metagame, ETC) If you're a compotent roleplayer, you likely won't cross any of these boundaries.
Now, on to the unique ones! and little tidbits and facts and stuff that Nai would like to give ya.
Okay, the first one: Count your shots! ammo is a rare thing in Knox county, and You can be sure that you'll be running out at the absolute worst moment possible. (I.E. Instead of "he fired a burst" you should put "he fired a three round burst" or something similar)
If you get bit, you die. You can protract this, and make some interesting RP, or choose the honorable way out, and off yourself. Or, if you get bit in a limb, you could always cut it off. But blood loss makes you just about as likely to die as the zombie bite! So, be wary. A bite from an infected person inevitably means something unpleasant.

Character sheets, optional, but reccomended.

Here's mine!
Name: Marion Sibley
Species: German Shepherd
Brief description: If you could pick one word to describe Marion right now, it would be tired. Not from lack of sleep, though that does contribute, but more from a jaded world-weariness. He has to remain alert in this new world, and one thing tantamount to doing so was sleep. But when he did, it came in fits, and was plagued by nightmares. So, in effect, he got no rejuvenating sleep, only what was necessary to live. That was all anyone could get of anything anymore. What was needed.
He wears a set of camouflage fatigues under a tan vest with a multitude of pouches. On his hands, he wears a pair of tan tactical gloves, faded with use even before the outbreak.
His rifle, a simple, yet effective AR-15, was common throughout the United States, and it was common due to it's immense amount of customizable options. You could change out the barrel,  the stock, the handguard, the sights, anything! He had elected for his rifle to have a decent length 11.5" barrel, and an adjustable Combat scope with a backup red dot sight on top. It was all he'd really need, anyways, so why buy thousand dollar grips and lasers?
He carries a slick looking, black survival knife as a backup. The thing has a double serrated saw on one edge, and a curved cutting edge on the other.
History: Marion was born in Muldraugh, destined to die in Muldraugh. Especially with the outbreak going on, the army keeping him in Knox. He had no major problems in his life, he did decently in school, had only one incidence with drugs, and became a police officer, because that was what he wanted to do. But then the outbreak came, and his status as a police officer meant nothing anymore. People would only respect him by a show of force, because that's the only thing that anyone understands nowadays. They won't respect him because of his job, they'll respect him because he is good with a rifle.

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade
The way is lit. The path is clear.
We require only the strength to follow it.

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: coyote
Re: Knox county OOC
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 12:23:51 AM »
I already have so much on my plate right now but...ZOMBIES!

Name: Liam Grey

Species: Pine Marten

Description:

Liam tends to stand a few inches taller than most. As a marten his features closely resemble a weasel's but are more pronounced. His tail is also wide and fluffy just like a fox tail.

His fur is covered mostly in dark brown with a dull red-ish orange color highlighting his cheeks, neck, and chest. His paws have the same coloring as well as the inside of his tail.

Under his fur Liam's body has been marred by poor diet and lack of exercise, even after the out break. The marten carries the brunt of his obesity around his waist where a sizable stomach spills over onto his hips and into his lap. Flesh has however also begun to thicken the creatures flank and his chest, softening his neck and limbs as well.

Possessions:

Shirt- a simple blue dress shirt, dirty and torn, rests upon his shoulders. He leaves it unbuttoned, leaving his belly and chest exposed to the elements.

Shorts - a pair of tan shorts with many pockets. A hole has been stitched in the back to allow room for ones tail to show through.

Necklace - a shark tooth necklace. it fits rather snuggly under the fur of his neck.

Hatchet - An old weathered hand held hatchet. The blade is dull. it fits into a pocket at his hip.

Crow bar- A large metal crow bar.

Backpack - Liam has a small messenger bag strapped to his back. The strap cuts deeply into the fur of his chest.

Background:

It's only a mirical that Liam has survived this long.

Working as a receptionist to put himself through college he never really had the time, or really patience, to pick up the survival skills that other more experienced people had that have fallen to the horde.

Due to his inactive life style and unhealthy diet the marten's once lithe and trim body has slowly succomed rounded out during his college years. Another factor worming against him in a world populated by flesh eating monsters.

Liam can only imagine that it was his cautious nature and, a bit embarassingly, his love for science fiction that has gotten him through the mess he found himself in.

He was passing through the city to visit some friends when the out break hit. Since then he has teamed up with various survivors to escape the hordes. Unfortunetly the only people left alive at this point are those crazy enough to survive.  Tensions rose, arguments flared, and when the going got tough the party scattered, cutting the plump pine marten loose as dead weight and leaving him to die in the ensuing chaos.

Ironically the marten managed to survive on his own, at least for the last few days. The fates of his ex commrads are still unknown.

Note: Liam is a dynamic alt. In otherwords plauers do not need permision to attack, wound, injure or even kill Liam, barring instantaneous KO...which is very hard to pose a reaction too ^^

I'll let the gm decide his fate by any means he deems worthy when the zombies come after him :D

Will this alt work? If so, where can i post him?

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 08:05:10 PM »
Ooh! Good stuff, as usual coolcoyote! I'll let him in, and if us read the IC, you'll see that Marion made a radio broadcast; or you could happen upon the building. Or I could send some zombies after ya! You're a good RPer, so I'll let you decide!

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 09:04:51 PM »
Thanks ^^

I think i have an idea. How long has the out break been going on?

I've only played a demo once of the game but i know the concept :3

Post Merge: February 12, 2015, 10:33:57 PM
Feel free to keep posting ^^ ill try to have a post up by tonight or tomarrow
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:33:57 PM by coolcoyote, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 01:16:59 AM »
I'd like to think about three weeks; about a week to have the infection reach any sort of actual mass, a week for the Army to set up it's barricade, and it's been six days since the army has set up it's quarantine.

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 01:36:01 AM »
CLEAR! RP revived!

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

Offline Dr.Vice Jameson

• Avid Aardvark
  • "Eventually you stop giving a **censor**"
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Dark grey fur, white underparts, purple streaks on shoulders going down back and around "mask"
  • Height: 6 feet tall
  • Weight: 185lbs
  • Build: slender
  • Currently: Trying to help
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 07:06:20 AM »
I could go for some zombie rp. Is it still active, even barely?
  • Signature art by: The FDF

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

It's lonely out in space"
                          - Elton John

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 09:37:46 PM »
Sorry about my absence. I took 2 jobs since starting this XD

Im still up to some good old fashioned zombie rp

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Raccon (hybrid)
  • Coloring: Red with white fur
  • Weight: 145 lbs
  • Build: long arms and legs with a very slim build.
  • Currently: gaming, job huntig, and listenig to music. Like a Elite!
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 03:36:11 PM »
I'll jump in on this and I'll stick around till I'm DEAD! (RP or IRL which ever comes first.)

Name: Patrica "Pat" Verdun

Species: Husky

Personality: Pat is very hard to get along with because of her attitude and her lack of communication. but she only uses the attitude as a shield to protect herself from being emotionally hurt again. she is actually a really nice and intelligent person that looks out for other people in the background. she strongly dislikes people that force her to open up. she needs to take her time with that. also a avid gamer.

Backstory: Pat was raised in a rich home and was treated as the princess of the family. she didn't have brothers or sisters and her parents treated her as a object. at the age of ten she started rebelling against them getter her kicked out of the house at the age of 15. she moved in with her grandparents and had a normal raising since then.

immediately when she graduated high school she went to college for engineering and Physics in the same year. she returned from college to check up on her grandparents knowing the zombies were staring. she found them dead got trapped in the quarantine barricade.

Belongings:
-Her lucky kacky green hoodie. it has a white tribal pattern on its left sleeve.

-her lucky orange beanie. it has a single button that has the paragon symbol from mass effect.

-two pairs of slim fit jeans

-two pairs of tank tops

-a belt that can hold six shells for shotgun ammunition.

-a large backpack

-a nine iron golf club

-a driver golf club

-a double barrel hunting shotgun with a box that can hold up to twenty spare shells

-nine shells of buck shot ammunition and four shells of slug round ammunition

-three cans of food.

-a empty bottle for water.

Appearance: Pat is a ginger husky. she has a fit build and is moderately curvy. she has brilliant blue eyes and long messy dyed red hair that reaches down to her shoulder blades.

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 05:41:35 PM »
A husky! Yay! Welcome to Knox county. ...i think it was someone elses turn. Life kind of came in and said 'nope, you gotta do offline work stuff, no rp for you!' So I idled a bit and then everything slowed down XD

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 07:44:34 PM »
do i need acceptance or do i just jump in?

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 01:44:48 AM »
I thought it was your turn Mr yote  :u

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 01:45:04 AM »
And yeah, you're in

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2015, 02:16:01 AM »
sweet be on soon!

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 02:42:41 AM »
I posed actually :3 it was a short one Dx

Also someone got a fancing new icon I see.