Author Topic: Metro RP: OOC (Closed)  (Read 5036 times)

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
Metro RP: OOC (Closed)
« on: July 19, 2015, 11:19:17 PM »
I'm thinking of doing an RP based in the world of the Metro novels and games. You don't necessarily need to know that much about the world as I plan to be a sort of guide character, maybe a seasoned traveler or something.

Here's a summery of the world of Metro though, just in case:
Metro is set in the underground railway system/bunker that is the Moscow Metro System. It takes place after an assumed world war lead nukes to be dropped on Russia and many citizens of Moscow fled to the metro tunnels in a bid to survive. The outside world is dangerous, irradiated and full of mutants, some of which inhabit the tunnels as well. The worst of which is the Dark Ones, a rising threat which seems to be almost invincible if rumours are to be believed. As if that isn't enough there are, naturally, disagreements amongst many of the different stations which are now inhabited especially between the warring Fourth Reich nazis, The communist Red Line which cuts through most of the metro's center and the Hanza trading group that has been, until recently, enemies of the Red Line. There is one beacon of hope in all of this. The city of Polis, a group of four stations in the very center of the metro, where knowledge and scholars are still valued and the rangers enforce the laws. It represents the hope that one day, the moscovites will leave the metro and rebuild.

So far I am thinking of a basic plotline of:
-There are rumours spreading about an important historical document that relates to either the Red Line (Communists) or Fourth Reich (Nazis) being found, for example maybe a Marxist document or a copy Mien Kampf or something. Both of those factions want it for their own purposes.

-The news reaches our home of Riga Station, part of the VDNKh (this word is sometime just said as "Exhibition") Commonwealth (The commonwealth is a group of three stations that joined up to avoid annexation) and a poor station in need of a lot of aid from the Hanza (A trading alliance that makes a ring around the center of the metro)  and is currently suffering from overpopulation. At least one of our characters sees this news as a way to get out of the station and do something with their life. We all have our own reasons for wanting the document or coming along.

-This news has sparked increased tension in the already on-going war effort between the Reds and the Fourth Reich, and the Hanza is also becoming increasingly wary of it's old enemy on the Red Line

- The main goals will be to A: Find and secure the document B: Try to decide what to do with it and then get it done. Of course we will run into trouble along the way.

There will be a couple rules due to our starting station due to the lore:
1: Most if not all of us will have to be Russian and originally from Riga station, the commonwealth isn't very immigrant-friendly.
2: If you're an adult male then you will probably have at least a little knowledge of how to handle and maintain a firearm as all adult men must take up Armed Watch in the tunnels leading to VDNHk

Now that is out of the way, is anyone interested?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 02:42:14 PM by Grovygrunge »

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
I am interested,  but you already knew that
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
Awesome. Would just like to add that if I put in too much metro talk and there's anything people might want filling in on before they consider joining all they have to do is ask me and I'll fill them in as much as I can. :)

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • Hope, however desperate, is never without merit
  • Species: Coyote! Canis Latrans (best canine)
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 71 kilograms
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: BACK
Dude dude duuuuude! I am so down for this. One question though, can i be a ranger?
Er, one of the polish Kshatryia (probably butchered the spelling)

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade
The way is lit. The path is clear.
We require only the strength to follow it.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
Well, the plan is to start in Riga Station, which is quite a ways from Polis. However we may end up there at some point later in the RP and I would not object to you being a ranger that may join us for whatever reason. I guess it's also possible the Rangers would want to get the document too so that neither the Reds nor the Reich use it for whatever they want. (For those who don't know the rangers are like the police force of Polis, they also have people who scavenge on the surface called "stalkers" and generally kill bandits and mutants.)

Offline Khaki (on hiatus)

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Hey there! I'm Khaki, your resident Aussie Jackal.
  • Species: Side-Striped Jackal (Canis adustus)
  • Coloring: Beige, black and white
  • Weight: 63kg
  • Build: Slim/light build
I'm definitely down for this rp, count me in
"So you're telling me that whatever I type in here will show up under everything I post?

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
I could be a stalker who heads to Riga. I mean, it doesnt make sense for them not to allow in stalkers, especially those from polis

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
It would make sense if you are passing through to head to VDNHk or something, due to the Dark ones. So sure. Oh forgot to mention earlier so I'll say it here. I am looking for people who will want to see this to the end or until they have a reasonable out such as dying et cetera

Offline Khaki (on hiatus)

• Avid Aardvark
  • Hey there! I'm Khaki, your resident Aussie Jackal.
  • Species: Side-Striped Jackal (Canis adustus)
  • Coloring: Beige, black and white
  • Weight: 63kg
  • Build: Slim/light build
I'll stick with it
"So you're telling me that whatever I type in here will show up under everything I post?

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
Damn straight, I will too!

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
This should be enough, however I would like one more person just to be on the safe side. Feel free to make character sheets and post them here if you want to, by the way.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 12:43:32 AM by Grovygrunge »

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Raccon (hybrid)
  • Coloring: Red with white fur
  • Weight: 145 lbs
  • Build: long arms and legs with a very slim build.
  • Currently: gaming, job huntig, and listenig to music. Like a Elite!
In! So in! All of the in!

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
Whoooo! That should be more than enough. So this is now closed and will become the OOC thread. Now that we have enough people, we should probably make character sheets to establish who is going to be whom.

For Example mine is:

Name: Aleksander (commonly refered to as Alek)

Species: Wolf

Build: Compared to a lot of people in Riga he is on the slightly bulkier side but not quite over weight.

Background: Like most people in their thirties or above, Aleksander is old enough to remember what it was like to see the bombs fall on his home city, a luxury many of the people in their twenties don't have as they were still children. He settled down in Riga station almost as soon as he could. He made a reputation traveling as a trader between the Hanza and the VDNKh Commonwealth for a few years now and has recently "retired" so to speak. He decided that travelling was dangerous and has chosen to settle down for good in his home station of Riga.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 02:58:36 PM by Grovygrunge »

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
Re: Metro RP: OOC (Closed)
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2015, 02:43:12 PM »
Right, awesome. Now that everyone is all fine and dandy, im gonna work on my character sheet

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Raccon (hybrid)
  • Coloring: Red with white fur
  • Weight: 145 lbs
  • Build: long arms and legs with a very slim build.
  • Currently: gaming, job huntig, and listenig to music. Like a Elite!
Re: Metro RP: OOC (Closed)
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2015, 02:45:20 PM »
So before I start putting together a CS what do you think is necessary? And also can i play a sort of "insane" little girl that tags along. I just think it could be pretty fun.