Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 3682 times)

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
Doctor Who
« on: July 21, 2011, 12:14:12 AM »
Noticed that there's a high volume of Doctor Who nerds here, but no Doctor Who thread D: so here it is! ^_^

first topic....Matt Smith as the Doctor...whaddya think of him?
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Vine Tabris

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • [hisses]
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Demon
  • Currently: visiting graveyards
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 12:22:43 AM »
Yey~
I've been watching Doctor who since I was a kid because my Grandma would show me the old VHS tapes of it.
Like I said before, my favorite Doctor is Tom Baker and his Jelly Babies, but Tennat holds a special place in my heart.
:3
I think Matt Smith is doing a good job as the Doctor so far. He's entertaining and funny and I think he looks cute in a Fez.
And Rory is a nice addition as well, since there hasn't been a male companion on the show since the old series.
Amy is okay, but personally I find her a little boring and sometimes forget that she's in the episode because of how quiet she is, but Moffat is known more for story than character development, so I guess that's why.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 12:34:24 AM »
I'm really not that fond of Amy. she always finds a way to mess things up XD Matt Smith I like (though not as much as the Tenth Doctor). He's like the Christopher Walken of Doctor Who XD

Offline simsal

• Avid Aardvark
  • Commission done by Kite ^^
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: blue and white with some black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: around 130lb
  • Build: musular
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 09:08:04 AM »
Yeah i likes Matt smith hes is like Valexi said funny and entertaining and still has the energy Tennat gave the doctor. Matt smith is really good as the doctor but i still prefer Tennat to him. As for companions yes again Amy is very quiet and Rory i likes :3
Sim

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 05:56:36 PM »
I'm actually really really starting to like Matt smith,. I just finished the cliffhanger of Series 6 and now I HAVE to know what happens next D:

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 02:10:33 PM »
Matt Smith is my doctor, he is the best doctor, he is awesome. He totally captures that idea of an incredibly old man with the energy of someone young. Plus he moves like a clumsy giraffe.

And yes, Rory is awesome and Amy is not. She's just a bit of a dead weight compared to the two guys. Plus she's quite mean.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 05:07:17 PM »
I never really minded Amy at all really. I think she's brought some pretty good stuff to Doctor Who and she had a lot to live up to when her act follows Billie Piper and Catherine Tate.
Matt smith dresses the best but my doctor will always be Tennant :3

Offline Vine Tabris

• Chatty Cheetah
  • [hisses]
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 07:13:28 PM »
Tom Baker will always be my Doctor  ^_^
So funny and silly, always entertaining to watch.
I found this picture pretty funny.

And this video is pretty hilarious as well, never thought I'd see a Cyberman involved in a pillow fight  XD

Dead Ringer Doctor Who

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 07:17:30 PM »
i'm thinking twice about Cybermen being humanity 2.0 now o.O speaking of Cybermen I hope that Stephen Moffat brings them back in this season or next season!! we also haven't heard much from the Daleks since the Series 5 finale ^_^

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 09:31:14 PM »
I heard that for Stephen Moffat's run, the Dalek's aren't going to be in it anymore. At least for the foreseeable future, because there's no surprise, there's no drama. It's hard to keep ramping up the tension when you're using the same enemy over and over. Though the cybermen should still be around.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline Vine Tabris

• Chatty Cheetah
  • [hisses]
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 09:55:54 PM »
D'aw, I'm pretty disappointed at that.
I mean, I know the Daleks have been around since Hartnell's time, but I still get a kick out of them.
But I can understand why some people might find them a bit repetitive.
Besides, I have my own mini-Dalek figure next to me on my desk always.
 ^_^

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 01:06:06 AM »
I want that figure now D: I'm hoping to see more Time Lords in the future, maybe even a new incarnation of the Rani (if you don't know who she is look her up) I believe she never actually participated in the Time Wars because she was in.. E space or something? I don't know, I'm just going off of Wikipedia. It would be really interesting to see Moffat bring back an element of the old show in a modern version ^_^

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a cat that purrs/meows/licks/sniffs etc
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • my little ol youtube account
    • Awards
  • Species: maggcat
  • Coloring: black with a white chin and chest
  • Build: rather skinny but cute looking
  • Currently: doing college stuff college people do
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 05:43:46 AM »
I think this video describes the next episode well

Hitler Feels Insulted by Doctor Who

Post Merge: August 23, 2011, 06:23:50 PM
i just got a great idea  :D

Lego.....doctor who...the videogame
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 06:23:50 PM by maggintons, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
this is the signature of maggintons patented under the law within his imagination :3

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2011, 12:36:31 AM »
just saw the new episode, that...was...AMAZING :D

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 12:54:38 AM »
At first I was a little unsure, (especially since those antibodies looked so terrible :P ) but it really pulled out some style and intrigue. Very much looking forward to next week.