Author Topic: Warsian or Trekkie?  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Vampyric Wolf-lion
  • Coloring: Pure white with blue streaks on the chest and back.
  • Height: 6'10"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Thin, but strong.
  • Currently: Meh.....been better. But in love. ^^
Warsian or Trekkie?
« on: May 07, 2012, 01:34:40 PM »
So here is the most important question in the nerdiverse...Are you a Warsian, or a Trekkie? I'll try to be as impartial as possible, but i a WARSIAN! XD
  • Avatar by: Ventus Fall (THANK YOUS!!! :3 )
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
Re: Warsian or Trekkie?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 01:44:14 PM »
lightsabers :3

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 02:31:41 PM »
I've honestly always thought the argument between Star Trek and Wars is silly. They're two different things all together and arguing which is better, is like arguing between custard pie and tacos. They're both food but it all comes down to preference.

Star Wars is a saga. The storyline is short, the universe (this time quite literally) is well done, but small for a sci-fi. The characters are strong but a little generic at times, which is to be expected from an epic saga. Especially back when they were all created, the story needed some iconic figures to fit with the times. They have one basic storyline that branches off between characters and happenings, and many major and important plot turns and twists.

Star Trek is an ongoing story (with the negatives and positives that come with it). Their universe is vast, amazingly detailed and has so much "extra content", from thousands of different ship classes, to hundreds of races' traditions and culture. So many iconic characters over years of moves and TV series. The stories might be tame and unoriginal at times, and the actors not always good, but you can't expect perfect episodes constantly when they're being mass produced.

If I had the time, I could go on about how they are both good, but on different levels. One is a saga, the other is a series. It all comes down to your preference. One is not better than the other, in my opinion.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 04:14:22 PM »
I have to agree with Puncia here.

I mean, I can honestly say that I'll watch Star Trek: Voyager as much as I would watch both the trilogies of Star Wars. Star Wars I watch/play for the underlying plots and story, to see how it all connects (since usually it all does). Star Trek I watch if I just wanna have total geek-out, and want to just get a lot of Sci-Fi detail. I remember two years ago I was watching Star Wars like it could never get old, and now I'm on Netflix everyday watching episodes of Star Trek >>

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 07:14:34 PM »
I've never had the chance to get into star trek, and being brought up with starwars, yeah...

The starwars is actually surprisingly big with all the comic books and novels that have been written.

Perhaps not as big as the star trek universe, but still pretty durn big :P
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 09:59:50 PM »
If you play STO for a few hours, you'll see. ;)

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 10:07:48 PM »
I've actually been planning to do that :P