• Liam's Museum
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: Green and Brown
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Balling 😎
Batman!
« on: September 30, 2024, 07:53:15 PM »
I figured Batman is a fairly popular franchise, and, personally, I mostly watch the TV shows and movies so I figured i'd but this here instead of in Books & Comics. (I do own plenty of comics but im not exactly a connoisseur of them lol)
This goes for any type of Batman media btw. From Batman(1989) to Gotham(2014) and anything between, before, or after. Animated or Live action.
I have an IMDB list that has all the Batman media ive consumed in it btw if anyone wants to check that out here.

Anyways I think one of my all time favorite iterations of Batman is defiantly The Batman(2004). It's an animated show with such a nice art style, I love how unique and 2000s it looks and all of the character designs are great. I especially love The Jokers design, he looks like a skrunkly rat. Bruce is... a product of his time however... I don't particularly find his design appealing but I definitely like his Batman design. I also like how they leaned into his playboy persona, I feel like a lot of Batman media leaves that part out or doesn't really show it at all and I like that this one does.
I think the show also has a really similar feeling to Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorperated if anyone ever watched that. The music just has that similar investigative feeling to it that I absolutely love.
It's also connected to the movie The Batman Vs. Dracula(2005)

Some of my other favorite Batman iterations are The Lego Batman, Gotham, and the Telltale Videogames!

Offline ZaraRaEchidna

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Get Equipped With Floof
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Currently: WAKE UP, BIMMY!
Re: Batman!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2024, 02:05:44 PM »
Ooh, Batman! I'd love to get more into Batman - I'm a bit of a rookie, really. I -can- talk about TAS, though! Oh, I was re-watching TAS with my older brother the last time I had visited my family. Such a fantastic series, isn't it? I had a stellar time! I'm trying to earmark the partner to do a watchthrough with me.

Do you have recommendations on where might be a good onboarding point for somebody like me? I love comics, movies, and TV shows - so, really, anything works for me!  ^_^

ZARA-RA!!

Offline L1am

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 1 year
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Liam's Museum
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2024, 01:37:52 AM »
I haven't actually watched TAS yet  @.@ its on my to do list I just haven't found the time lol.

As for recs, honestly anything. If you wanna get really into Batman just jump in. I feel like there is no like great show/movie/comic for beginners, just pick something that looks interesting. Starting with the popular stuff is probably good though, personally I got into Batman via the 2021 Instagram Batjokes community after I decided to watch The Lego Batman movie. Then I started watching the movies like The Killing Joke and The Dark Night series and then I started playing the games and yeah.
One show I don't think is a good starting point is Gotham, its lore is extremely different from the rest of the series. Personally I consider my obsession with Gotham a separate obsession from my general Batman hyperfixation because of just how different it is. It is such a great show though!

Offline ZaraRaEchidna

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2024, 01:53:15 AM »
Ooh, I see! Cheers~ I'll probably start on these graphic novel collections that my older brother had collected, when I next visit him - which is... Egads, this month already! I haven't seen him in half a year, that had snuck up on me! Well, I'll borrow them, and have a read-through!  ^_^

I would absolutely recommend TAS - it's fantastic! I watched it when I were younger, and I thoroughly enjoyed giving it a proper watch-through. Perhaps one of my favourite shows of all-time; each episode really pushes the boundaries of what an 'episode' can be - it feels more like watching a miniature movie. Just fantastic!  ^_^

ZARA-RA!!

Offline L1am

• Avid Aardvark
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Liam's Museum
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2024, 02:24:06 AM »
Yeah it might take me awhile to watch it, I haven't really been in a 'watching tv' kinda mood lately but that definitely sounds intriguing.

If you ever get the opportunity the first comic I got, and my favorite comic, is Europa. The art is absolutely beautiful and the artist changes with each issue. My favorite art style being in the 3rd issue.

(one of the panels from the 3rd issue, I covered up the dialogue because spoilers)

Offline ZaraRaEchidna

• Eager Elephant
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2024, 01:35:54 PM »
Ooh, wow - how unique, how intriguing! I'll make sure to have a look-see~  :D
Bat Man's always been one of my favourites, when it comes to Super Heroes... If only I could remember more of what I've seen! It's a nebulous world of 'I know that thingy!' -- I suppose I've read & watched & otherwise seen a lot of DC - loved some Teen Titans comics, that's for sure!

Also, I hear you there - I had to be pulled into it by my big bro - he just said 'sit down, you're watching TAS with me' -- and on a podcast I help out with, the boys had been chatting about TAS, and it had made me want to rewatch - so it all lined up perfectly, really  <3

Oh! Have you heard of the Sonic the Hedgehog x DC crossover?! Shadow the Hedgehog as Batman... Isn't that something? Two years of comics, they reckon! I've got the IDW Sonic run on standing order anyways, so I suppose I better do my reading before next year!  XD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVWcCkdgQLs

ZARA-RA!!

Offline L1am

• Avid Aardvark
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Liam's Museum
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2024, 03:17:19 PM »
That sounds absolutely amazing! Ill need to check it out!
I love when comics do silly crossover stuff, and just silly crossover stuff in general!

:P

Offline ZaraRaEchidna

• Eager Elephant
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2024, 06:30:26 PM »
Right?! Silly crossovers is best crossovers! I can't wait to see what comes of it; I'm so excited! They're going all out with it, it seems - how exciting is that?!  XD

ZARA-RA!!