Author Topic: The Twilight Saga  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
The Twilight Saga
« on: November 18, 2009, 11:36:14 PM »
Now, first things first...NO STARTING A FLAME WAR OVER THIS.
I have made this thread to get people's opinions on the movies (and/or the books).
I don't want to see any hateful bashing or any of that stupidity. If you don't like them and/or the hype about them, say so, but have a good reason, not just "omg good vampires?! it's so stupid! oh he's all 'I love you, I must protect you, but you shouldn't be with me', what a wimp!". Good reasons are perfectly fine.

I've only read the first book which I got for Christmas last year, so I can't say much on the first movie or New Moon (which comes out Friday at 12:01 a.m. here). I loved Twilight. It's just my kind of book. It's what I enjoy reading. I can't wait to read the next ones, but unfortunately, I'll have to wait until Christmas for that (they're on my Christmas list and so is the first movie, so I can't just go out and buy them). I made a promise to myself (when I finally learned that they were making the movies, which was after I got Twilight for Christmas so I had no idea) that I'd read the books before I saw the movies that they went along with.
I agree that Twilight is pretty overhyped, but it doesn't really bother me because I don't let the arguments about it get to me. Mainly my response is, "If you like it, good for you, it's nice to have merchandise and everything for something you like/love. If you don't like it, don't pay attention to it and whine about it just because you weren't smart enough to ignore it." I ignore the hype about horror movies and other things I don't like.

So...what are your opinions?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 02:11:29 AM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: The Twilight Saga
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 05:56:03 PM »
I saw New Moon yesterday. I thought it was a lot better than the first movie, even though I like the first book a whole lot more. :(

I kept hearing people say New Moon was awful, but I dunno. It had the same feel as the book. I liked it.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 11:12:44 PM »
Good to know, Zeph.
I'm renting Twilight tomorrow night and watching it with my boyfriend.
Then, sometime next week maybe, I'll be seeing New Moon with him.
I breaking my "read the book that goes with the movie first" promise to myself for New Moon because I just really want to see the movie, but it'll be the only one I do it for because I'll have plenty of time to read that one, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn before Eclipse is in theaters on June 30th.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Vver

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • All around nice guy
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: White and grey
  • Height: average
  • Weight: average
  • Build: average
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 01:53:29 AM »
I cannot stand Twilight. I think it's horribly written with underdeveloped characters, and it's pretty obvious that she doesn't really have a concept of developing a storyline. I've read all four, and while I normally enjoy reading very much, I can honestly say that those books were the worst things I have ever read, and I regret wasting my time on them.

Kudos to Stephanie Meyer for getting kids to read, though, and for being able to capitalize on these books. Although I don't like it, I must admit that it's an admirable feat to get so many kids to pick up a book for the first time.

:( I remember when Harry Potter did that for the kids of my generation. Oh well.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 05:39:33 PM »
*shrugs* Too each his own.
I think she has a great writing style and develops characters as much as she needs to and has great storylines.
And kids? I have half a year before I turn 20. I would've loved this series if I had read it 10 years from now (but I'm a huge fan of vampires and werewolves anyway). There are actually a lot of moms/older women who love The Twilight Saga too (maybe it's just the hunky younger guys, but I don't think that's all of it because they liked the books first).

But anyways, I saw the New Moon movie on December 23rd (I believe it was) and I loved it. I believe it had great effects (better than Twilight); I loved the wolf transformation. When I read the book the next week (since I was too impatient to read the book first), I did get to see all the differences but I don't think they changed it so much that it didn't make sense because it all did make sense and went together very well.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 05:42:43 PM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 06:05:31 PM »
I kind of almost wish they could remake the first movie with the budget of New Moon and the better director. :P

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 06:32:42 PM »
I can't say I blame you there, Zeph.
I mean, Edward actually did sparkle in New Moon. In Twilight, he had a dull glimmer that you could barely see. >_<
And really, if they had the budget of Twilight for New Moon, the wolf transformation most likely would have been really bad. So I definitely hope they have kept the good budget and the good director for Eclipse and will keep it up for Breaking Dawn because these are movies that need awesome effects.