Author Topic: Halo 4 Revealed at E3!!!  (Read 2460 times)

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Siberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White fur with black stripes, sapphire blue eyes, black wings
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Tall with lean muscles.
Halo 4 Revealed at E3!!!
« on: June 06, 2011, 09:15:24 PM »
After years of speculation and rumor, 343 Industries finally announced Halo 4 and revealed the official announcement trailer at E3 this morning!  XD

You can watch the trailer here: http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/06/e3-2011-halo-4-e3-teaser-trailer

For those who don't know, 343 Industries is the development studio that is taking over the Halo franchise from Bungie, the original developers. 343 Industries is owned by Microsoft and it's founding members were primarily former Bungie employees who all worked on the previous Halo games.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 09:20:26 PM by WhiteTiger89 »
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.

Offline ^Geist^

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
Re: Halo 4 Revealed at E3!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 10:27:17 PM »
Epic nerdgasm *-*
So pumped for this (being a hardcore halo fanboy). I'm trying to figure out who the new enemies are though. (forerunners are a possibility but very rare
*slightly off topic*
Also on other halo related news is the Anniversary (Halo 1 Remastered).
Im glad beaver creek is making a return also Bloodgulch( and not the wannabe remakes).
*back on topic*
Lets hope 343 doesn't dissapoint. But considering there mostly ex bungie employees that worked on games 1-reach Im faithful.

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 10:56:43 PM »
I have no shame in admitting that I squealed like an over-excited school girl when I realized that the trailer I was watching was for Halo 4.  :*
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.

Offline ^Geist^

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 11:11:03 PM »
I have no shame in admitting that I squealed like an over-excited school girl when I realized that the trailer I was watching was for Halo 4.  :*

Haha too true. My friends and I were watching it during lunch and all started swearing excessively and brofisting eachother while everyone in the lunchroom looked at us awkwardly.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 11:46:31 PM »
If the game is like Halo Combat Evolved, count me in. Halo 3, ODST, and Reach I basically hated. Halo 2 was great, but only because in my opinion of the vast modding community and fun glitches and easter eggs. Though Halo 4 will probably follow suit with the previous multiplayer in-debted games. Seriously, I hope at least the Combat Evolved remake will have a decent campaign.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 12:48:29 AM »
If the game is like Halo Combat Evolved, count me in. Halo 3, ODST, and Reach I basically hated. Halo 2 was great, but only because in my opinion of the vast modding community and fun glitches and easter eggs. Though Halo 4 will probably follow suit with the previous multiplayer in-debted games. Seriously, I hope at least the Combat Evolved remake will have a decent campaign.

ODST is actually my favorite of the Halo games, though I've loved them all. :P

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 01:09:26 AM »
I loved ODST for Firefight don't get me wrong, but I really don't like this whole seeming adoption of "Call of Duty" hide behind cover tactics. Halo was originally about one thing in general "run and gun" now it's like everything and anything can kill you with little effort T_T, I liked how smooth it used to be where you could run through blazing away with tons of ammo. Like all the guns used to hold significantly more ammo and you could take down a LOT more troops. But everything has been minimized since then, it just seems to get worse with every release, like now the campaigns are generally short and the multiplayer is the only thing worth paying any mind to. I just hope for once, campaign is the primary goal.

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 03:31:11 AM »
That depends on what difficulty you play on. I go through the campaigns on Easy and Normal and never once have I had to adopt Camp or Die tactics. :P I've always been able to run and gun. Halo 3 is the only game where the campaign felt a little short to me, and Bungie said from Day 1 that ODST wasn't going to be a full length game.

And I think the modding community was the worst part about Halo 2. I remember the days where every other game was filled with super jumpers, full auto BR's + auto headshots, and infinite shields. Plus that infernal Noob Combo!  >:(  I don't mind losing, but losing to cheaters really sets off my nerd rage, and the Noob Combo took out pretty much all the variety that makes Halo great! Thank God for Bungie's banhammer. Honestly, I pretty much gave up on Halo's multiplayer after Halo 3. Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and soon to be Battlefield 3, is how I get my multiplayer fix. I infinitely prefer getting rewarded for playing smart vs. playing fast.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 03:33:13 AM »
Hackers and modders are completely different x.x, people who cheat are hackers, modders can't cheat because the modified maps are instantly seen by Bungie, if there's even a single thread of change to the data you'd be instantly banned. *Sighs* I miss flying warthogs and sniper rifle machine gun rocket launchers v-v

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 03:46:44 AM »
Hackers and modders are completely different x.x, people who cheat are hackers, modders can't cheat because the modified maps are instantly seen by Bungie, if there's even a single thread of change to the data you'd be instantly banned. *Sighs* I miss flying warthogs and sniper rifle machine gun rocket launchers v-v

Or the mini-nuke. My friend had a modded original Xbox and a version of Halo: CE where the sniper rifle fired blue needles that exploded with the force of 1,000 plasma grenades and the shotgun fired a cluster of rockets instead of buckshot. :P

Offline ^Geist^

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 04:00:16 AM »
halo modding is great.especially 1 since they realesed an sdk for it. A couple of my friends still make weapons and maps for it to this day. Halo 1 multiplayer felt nothing like 2. 2 never felt like 3 etc etc. i hated odsts campaign on legendary(long night xD) and reach just didnt feel as epic as h2 or 3 but i still find it very fun. as long as halo games are '' halo''  its fine by me. the remake is exactly same campaign with reach engine but theyre incorporating reachs ranking and armor customization system as well. The remake looks damn fine to me and i cant wait to play on beaver creek again. as long as my halo 1 pistol is still there im fine. But is it just me or does the helmet bother anyone in the remake..
I wont judge 4 until i see actual gameplay but i have good faith in 343 considering they are mostly exbungie employees. The story also needs to fit within the parameters. I also wonder how far after h3 it takes place? So many questions xD  Any speculations on who the new enemy is? The giant ship at the end kinda reminded me of a mass relay from mass effect. Possible enemies could be the forerunners tho.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 04:03:54 AM »
Yeah it would be nice to see who these "Forerunners" were. And did they know of Gravemind?

Offline ^Geist^

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 01:57:16 PM »
Yeah it would be nice to see who these "Forerunners" were. And did they know of Gravemind?

There are several graveminds but yes Forerunners did know of the flood. There was a whole forerunner/flood war. The reason they used the rings was to wipe out the flood but it also killed most of the forerunners. Actually I figured out what the giant thing is at the end of 4 trailer. It could be the onyx because it looks like a dyson sphere( halo novels) therefore meaning more spartans...
Wikia some of the stuff the halo story is actually pretty deep and has a good background to it. Forerunners were also in halo legends and there's concept art of them too.
These are just my speculations so fa

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 07:05:54 PM »
The Forerunner's built potentially dozens of Shield Worlds like Onyx. I dunno if 343 Industries is going to continue Bungie's tradition game canon overwriting book canon. If they do, and I honestly hope they DON'T, then the world we see is not going to be Onyx and will almost certainly turn out to be a different shield world. As I said to some friends on Facebook: What's more likely is that the ship/planet seen in the video is a Forerunner shield world. An artificial planet created to shelter the life forms contained within it from the effects of the Halo Array. The Forerunner's initial plan was to evacute to these installatioins right before firing the Halo rings, but they were betrayed by a rogue AI who told the Flood about them.

What I think is going to happen is that Master Chief will find out the full story of the Flood/Forerunner war on this planet and then find a way back to Earth to ultimately defend them from a new threat that is somehow tied back to the Forerunners.

Offline ^Geist^

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 10:06:13 PM »
The Forerunner's built potentially dozens of Shield Worlds like Onyx. I dunno if 343 Industries is going to continue Bungie's tradition game canon overwriting book canon. If they do, and I honestly hope they DON'T, then the world we see is not going to be Onyx and will almost certainly turn out to be a different shield world. As I said to some friends on Facebook: What's more likely is that the ship/planet seen in the video is a Forerunner shield world. An artificial planet created to shelter the life forms contained within it from the effects of the Halo Array. The Forerunner's initial plan was to evacute to these installatioins right before firing the Halo rings, but they were betrayed by a rogue AI who told the Flood about them.

What I think is going to happen is that Master Chief will find out the full story of the Flood/Forerunner war on this planet and then find a way back to Earth to ultimately defend them from a new threat that is somehow tied back to the Forerunners.

Yeah too true. That's a pretty damn good theory you got there btw. I don't want them to mess with the old fiction as in the novels as I thought they were excellent stand alones. Im almost certain though we will see forerunners though in this new one whether it be in 4 or further down the series.

On a side note I acquire copious amounts of laughs from the kids who rage WHY DOES MC HAVE A JETPACK !!1!1!1!!!1