Author Topic: Rhythm games?  (Read 1034 times)

Offline MiltoniusPrime

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Bat/snake hybrid.
  • Coloring: Mostly skin, occasionally tan fur.
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 155 lbs.
  • Build: Thin but athletic.
Rhythm games?
« on: August 19, 2011, 06:11:25 PM »
I'm keeping it broad for now.  Is anyone out there really into rhythm games?  Everyone has tried DDR or Rock Band, but I'm curious if anyone on the board seriously plays them.  Not serious in an "I'm going to crush everyone" mindset, just that you've put some effort into getting better at it.

I play a lot of Rock Band, tend to download whatever DLC strikes my fancy (and meshes well with my musical taste, which is ample), do a lot of vocal + instrument.  I love playing in public, and get to do so weekly at a local Rock Band night (though I still have to hear "Don't Stop Believin'" almost every week).  Always looking for more people to play it with, preferably if you play on expert.  I tend to score-whore.

I dabble in DDR as well (dabble is being modest, I've been playing for a while).  A local arcade has a Supernova 2 cabinet, and I swing by there every other week or so.  Not a big scene in my area, so it gets kind of lonely.  I know other people play it, they're just rarely there when I am.

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
Re: Rhythm games?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 08:33:28 PM »
I've played some Guitar Hero, though never got into it because my finger joints are weak and thus, won't press buttons in those angles easily. I do play the Guitar Hero drums storta good. I enjoy that a lot.

I've also played many types of flash based rhythm games on different sites. Tried most of the good ones on Newgrounds and such. Also, I was very into StepMania a few years back. I was never one of those you see on YouTube but best in my school class and circle of friends, etc. I also constructed my own StepMania songs (that were hard/challenge), and I had quite a few downloads on FlashFlashRevolution until the page changed completely. On the arcade DDR I'm about medium/hard mode, depending on the song. But the arrow speed must be a lot faster than the standard settings or else I won't be able to time it properly. x2.5/x3 instead of x1 or whatever it is.

Needless to say, I do like rhythm games but as I don't own anything but StepMania, I don't have much experience with anything else.

Offline Egan

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • lmoa im not here
    • Awards
  • Species: Air Dragon
  • Coloring: Dragon fursona, White with black underbelly and purple inner ears
  • Height: 5 '9
  • Weight: 179 Pounds
  • Build: Muscular
Re: Rhythm games?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 08:46:04 PM »
My favorite is DJ hero 2.
I'm really good at it, I spend all my time on the xbox playing (Well, I DID) it.