Author Topic: Gamer's Helpdesk! (TFF Style)  (Read 2617 times)

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
Gamer's Helpdesk! (TFF Style)
« on: December 11, 2011, 08:02:56 PM »
So, as a general rule, we all encounter problems at one point or another in video games and on the systems. So, by general rule, we sometimes ask our friends for help; rare as it is now, considering that the super sophisticated games are easier to figure out than, say, Metroid on the NES.

But nonetheless. Sometimes gamer's need help, even now. You might not even be stuck somewhere, you may be asking how to do a glitch, the quickest way to the top of a building for a Metroid Speedrun, or even the best way to avoid conflicts with Dragons in Skyrim. Suggestions are great things to post, also.

And inquiries don't have to be limited to the games themselves. It could be about the system you play these games on, as well. Maybe ask the people here about how you can report suspicious or malicious activity on your respective system's internet service, best way to fix the Red Ring of Death, or how to extend your DS or PSP's battery life tenfold.

There are many resources on the internet, yes; but sometimes we just can't find them. So, feel free to help your fellow gamers with whatever advice you can give.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
Re: Gamer's Helpdesk! (TFF Style)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 12:04:05 AM »
wheres a good place to find quicksilver ore in Skyrim? or Moonstone for that matter. Trying to make some elven gear for myself. Also, is there a way to convert ore into bars? cause I didn't see anything in the forge menu.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 12:10:34 AM »
this was a great idea. better than searching different game threads. lolz XD

Offline Midnight Madness

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 12:20:41 AM »
Well, I felt kinda noobish to Live when I first got it, even though I had played on it before; so I kinda reflected on that while not remembering how to report people on Live, so I thought of this. Though I figured it out afterwards.

Macid in queue;
wheres a good place to find quicksilver ore in Skyrim? or Moonstone for that matter. Trying to make some elven gear for myself. Also, is there a way to convert ore into bars? cause I didn't see anything in the forge menu.

Unfortunately, I don't have Skyrim. ;.=.; Going to get it eventually, though. But maybe try here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Mining

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 12:46:38 AM »
I'm particularly good with RE5. XD I used to get paid by 360 players to finish the game with 100% for them. XD

Offline Midnight Madness

• Scented Skunk
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 01:03:12 AM »
Ya' see, I ain't in that boat. XD I got my head buried in Nintendo games, really; Pokemon, Zelda and Metroid are a few I know extremely well. Pokemon more so out of them all. But I kinda have issues with Halo Reach and such. Fallout 3 is another great domain for me, considering how many times I've played and beaten that game.

Remember folks, don't head to the crashed spaceship southwest of Old Olney without the proper amount of experience with avoiding Deathclaws and Giant Radscorpions.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 02:03:17 AM »
I'm major in shooter games, puzzle games, and definite most RPG-types, save for the ones I don't play. maybe we should list out what types or even specific games we specialize in so people are a little more confident on questions to post?

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 02:42:44 AM »
This is actually a pretty cool idea here!

Hope you don't mind if I already start with a question  XD

I'm playing through Pokemon Blue on the gameboy and I'm trying to round out my team for the Pokemon League! I'm using a Venusaur, Jolteon, Dodrio, Lapras, and Hypno but I'm not sure what to use for my sixth slot! Any ideas? I want to avoid legendaries because I feel standard pokemon are more fun to use, but aside from that I'm open to any suggestions  XD

Also on a side note I'd be willing to help out on this thread as well. I'm not an amazing gamer, but I have some knowledge of certain video games

• Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline Midnight Madness

• Scented Skunk
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 03:06:12 PM »
Oh no, no problem at all, Sig. And *shudders* Legendary usage in story... Only White Version will I use Zekrom, I mean, you have to FIGHT a dude with a legendary, so yeah.

So you have quite a good range of coverage there; I would suggest Dragonite, but considering you already have Ice and Flying, you have the upper hand against Lance's Dragons and Bruno's Fighting types. And Hypno should be able to dispatch Agatha's Ghosts quite easily. Hmm... I don't see an Earthquaker; perhaps a Rhydon would find its place there? Or are you looking for something different?

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 03:12:52 PM »
Thanks for the reply Sytex!

A Dragonite would be neat, but the amount of leveling needed to get one sort of throws me off

A Rhydon does sound like an interesting choice. I've never used one before so I'll have to look into it.

I was also thinking of checking out a Marrowak for it's attack and defense power, but I'm not exactly sure how great it's moveset is.

As a side note I did the same thing in Pokemon Black  XD
  • Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline Midnight Madness

• Scented Skunk
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 04:24:55 PM »
Well, you have a Lapras, so a Dragonite isn't even necessary; Ice decimates dragon type pokemon, so you're all good there. I would personally take the Rhydon over the Marowak merely for Rhydon's vastly superior stats. Rhydon bests Marowak in max attack by well over one-hundred, while Marowak's max defense is only a few higher than Rhydon's. Only thing is that Rhydon's type is destroyed by water and grass. Other suggestions could be Aerodactyl, Ninetales, and maybe even Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 04:32:39 PM »
I would actually recommend Golem instead. A little extra coverage with rock, fighting AND ground would be a little better.

Offline Kalylia

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Curious, Fuzzy Geek
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Underground - A Pokemon Podcast
    • Awards
  • Species: Marbled Polecat
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: FINALLY has an image of her fursona!
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 06:20:04 PM »

Sorry no one got back to you any sooner, Macid!  Here's all the info I knew and could gather for you on these questions.

The http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page]UESP Wiki lists the following places to mine Quicksilver.

East of the Tower Stone (2 veins)
Quicksilver Mine (Northwest of Dawnstar)
In fact, pretty much all over around Dawnstar

As for Moonstone, same wiki lists the following places:

Mzulf, Southwest of Windhelm
Soljund's Sinkhole, West of Rorickstead (but not past the river)

As for making the refined ores or ingots, you can't use the Forge.  You need to use a Smelter.  I always use the Smelter outside Warmaiden's in Whiterun, but there are also easy-access Smelters in Markarth and Windhelm.

Hope this helps. :3
Learning, growing, and trying to find some furry friends.

Offline Midnight Madness

• Scented Skunk
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 11:02:41 PM »
I would actually recommend Golem instead. A little extra coverage with rock, fighting AND ground would be a little better.

Yeah, but you have to trade for Golem. And he's playing Blue. I doubt he could even begin a trade with someone; hence, Rhydon.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 12:39:32 AM »
graveller is still fine, he's a lot faster than rhydon. rhydon's slow speed gets it screwed over with the wrong opponent, despite its high hp.