Author Topic: Used 360 or used PS3?  (Read 1579 times)

Offline [Sov]

• Your Local Neurotic Hyena
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • One more word and you wont survive.
    • Awards
  • Species: Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown stripes, sandy colored fur
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Build: Curvy~
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Neurotic!
Used 360 or used PS3?
« on: June 12, 2012, 03:14:01 PM »
I've been looking for a used xBox360 for about 6 months now and can't seem to find one, currently my mate has one so I can play 360 games, but I want one at my house. So I have two questions for those gamers who are in the know about consoles.

Recently my mate got a PS3 and the graphics are really awesome on it, but the thing is that I really love Halo games. It seems like the 360 has everything that I want.

What are the benefits of the PS3 vs the 360?

Where is the best place to find a used one of either of those? New egg forums? Ebay? Craigslist?
I am closed for commissions. See my furaffinity for pricing.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

Wanna find me in other places?

FurAffinity::Twitter

Offline Leiton

Re: Used 360 or used PS3?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 03:27:13 PM »
It's really all a matter of opinion, because both systems have their pros and cons

Xbox Live seems like it has a faster, better connection, but you have to pay money for it.
Playstation Network is completely free, but sometimes unreliable.
The 360, from what I've seen and heard from other people, is not the sturdiest console ever built, and the interior is a bit of a mess. There's more chance (Again, just what I've heard. I've never owned a 360, but I've played games on them a lot) of games getting scratched or messed up. However, graphically, it's (in my opinion) just as good as the PS3, and the selection of games seems to be a bit nicer. It's also nice to have each individual player be able to sign into their own profiles, something Sony has yet to figure out... I don't really like the way that there are advertisements all over the interface of the Xbox, but that's just me :P
The PS3 is pretty sturdy. My little brothers throw it around like crazy, and it still runs like brand new. The interface is clean and organized, and nice and simple to use. It's graphically nice, about the same as the 360, but the selection of games isn't as great. They kind of missed out on Halo and a few other high-end franchises. You can only sign in to one profile at a time, and PSN tends to pitch a fit if you try to switch your account to a different profile on the same console. So, all guests that play with you get to start at the very beginning, no matter how many countless hours they've already put into a game on their own account. There was really only one thing that irked me about the PS3. It's not backwards compatible, unless you get one of the earliest versions of it. The big, fat ones with low memory. So, all of those PS2 games I had ready to play on the PS3 are kinda of just sitting there >.>

My own humble opinion was just to go with the PS3, since I don't play any of the games that the PS3 doesn't offer. Free online gaming is quite nice, as well :3

That's about all I can think of, so I hope I helped :D

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 03:52:31 PM »
If you're really into FPS games and multiplayer with friends, whether online or off, I'd go with a 360. More people use the 360 for those kind of games, so you're more likely to find more friends to play with on a 360.

I love my PS3 though. I'm more a fan of RPGs, adventure games, or hack n slash, and the PS3 has a far better selection in that area. Many of its exclusive games are among my favorite games I've ever played. Ico/Shadow of the Colossus, Heavy Rain, God of War, Uncharted, Journey, Flower, Infamous, are all fantastic games that I wouldn't have been able to play otherwise. That alone makes it worth it to me - but you might not feel the same way if you don't like the same kind of games.

I also love that the PS3 doubles as a blu ray player, as I like to watch a lot of movies. The 360 doesn't.

I would choose the PS3 over the 360 all over again if I had to, but the 360 certainly does have its own place as a decent console too. It's just not for me. :P

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline [Sov]

• Your Local Neurotic Hyena
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • One more word and you wont survive.
    • Awards
  • Species: Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown stripes, sandy colored fur
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Build: Curvy~
  • Currently: Neurotic!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 03:59:25 PM »
That makes sense.

Thanks to you both for your input.

Still welcoming more opinions.  :)
I am closed for commissions. See my furaffinity for pricing.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

Wanna find me in other places?

FurAffinity::Twitter

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • I dream a lot (thinking) and I make dreams (games)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dreamfox
  • Currently: be nice and you will have great dreams!
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 06:23:14 PM »
You know that there will be soon a new playstation and xbox?
I think you can beter wait until there are out. used xbox and ps are cheaper and there are more people that gona sell them!

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 07:08:51 PM »
I'd say the graphics are better on the 360 than the PS3, not by much but if you compare side-by-side it's certainly a noticeable difference. Neither console is capable of higher than 720p. (1080p just upscales everything). A PC would easily win against both though in terms of graphics...

As already mentioned by others, Xbox Live for online costs whilst Playstation Network is free but seemingly less reliable.

Advantages for PS3 I'd say is the Bluray and being free online gameplay.

Personally I'd g with a PC every day of the week for several reasons, but for a console, Xbox 360 would be my console of choice.
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 07:35:45 PM »
To throw in my two cents, I'd say go with the 360.

The only draw back I've had with it is having to deal with the Live service, because it had given me issues in the past, but if you can get through it with none then you are golden.

I'd say that other than the hardware itself, the only thing gamewise would be the exclusives. PS3 has *tons* more exclusives than the 360, though a lot of those games already have counterparts on the 360. Not to mention if you like Halo, then 360 would already be the way to go >>

And future wise, there's a lot more coming to the 360 now, and it seems like Microsoft can provide a bit more.

Also, Timmy, 1080p looked great for me on my console, even compared to 720p o.o It may be because I'm anal about noticing that kind of stuff x3 or because of the TV I play it on now >>

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 08:44:10 PM »
Also, Timmy, 1080p looked great for me on my console, even compared to 720p o.o It may be because I'm anal about noticing that kind of stuff x3 or because of the TV I play it on now >>
Trust me, the hardware on both consoles can't do full 1080p :P
It's either 1080i or 720p where most games are optimized for running at 720p maximum and therefore it's usually upscaled.
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 09:00:03 PM »
Interesting o.o
Granted, to the average user 1080i and 1080p doesn't look any different, and they're all better than standard def anyway >>

There's a reason I dabble in Computer Hardware and not Console Hardware, given the most I know about the 360's hardware is that the GPU is AIT and not Nvidia >>