Author Topic: Bioshock Infinite  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
Bioshock Infinite
« on: March 30, 2013, 04:44:07 AM »
It was unavoidable for me to make a post here. I made a review about it on my tumblr, you're welcome to read it here (http://mortimus-maximus.tumblr.com/post/46641414859/so-bioshock-my-feels-interpretation-understanding). On tumblr I have spoilers under a cut, but I think permalinking it won't show the cut. In that case I did write in huge letters DO NOT READ BELOW THE CUT, AS IT CONTAINS SPOILERS in huge letters. That would be your indication to stop reading.

So I would love to hear if others have played and their thoughts. I absolutely loved it myself... But then again, Bioshock has been one of my favorite games for a long time now. I expected it to be good and I wasn't disappointed. There was so much in the story it was INSANE. Also if you post anything concerning spoilers, please use the spoilers tag so that others can read this thread and not have the game ruined for them if they have not played it.

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a cat that purrs/meows/licks/sniffs etc
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • my little ol youtube account
    • Awards
  • Species: maggcat
  • Coloring: black with a white chin and chest
  • Build: rather skinny but cute looking
  • Currently: doing college stuff college people do
Re: Bioshock Infinite
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 12:25:51 PM »
im getting that game soon.... couldn't help but get Luigis mansion 2 first since its the first game since portal 2 that genuinely made me laugh
this is the signature of maggintons patented under the law within his imagination :3

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 04:02:49 AM »
It's awesome. YOU SHOULD PLAY IT. I liked the characters (particularly Booker, Elizabeth, and Songbird) but my FAVORITE characters were the Lutece twins.

Offline Rhoryc

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 07:15:17 PM »
I'm planning on picking it up as soon as my State ID Card comes in. Gamestop won't let me buy it because I'm still a baby to them.
(I have gift cards, otherwise I would not be buying anything from there)

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 12:37:58 AM »
I can't decide whether or not Bioshock Infinite is a game I'd want to play. As a person who loves a good story and appreciates video games as an art form, based on what I've heard, Bioshock is a must-play. But I'm really not into the whole steampunk style, I don't really enjoy first-person games in general, and based on the few videos I've seen I'm not sure the combat is something I would like. So I'm a bit torn about whether or not to give it a try just for the sake of what I hear is a good story.

I also haven't played any of the other Bioshock games. I don't know whether or not that matters.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 09:07:17 PM »
I can't decide whether or not Bioshock Infinite is a game I'd want to play. As a person who loves a good story and appreciates video games as an art form, based on what I've heard, Bioshock is a must-play. But I'm really not into the whole steampunk style, I don't really enjoy first-person games in general, and based on the few videos I've seen I'm not sure the combat is something I would like. So I'm a bit torn about whether or not to give it a try just for the sake of what I hear is a good story.

I also haven't played any of the other Bioshock games. I don't know whether or not that matters.

You could still play Infinite and enjoy it, though, personally, I would suggest playing the first Bioshock games if you want to appreciate Infinite as a whole. Generally, I am not a FPS person either... In fact there are few exceptions to FPS games I like, and the Bioshock series is one of them. They all have good stories, in my own opinion, though, if you are interested, I'd suggest picking up the first one (which is likely cheap, 10 bucks at most I think when I bought a copy for a friend last Christmas) and playing it before you try the rest that way you don't really waste your money on a newer game that you're not even sure you'll like! I also think that there is a reasonably priced bundle for the first and second out now that Infinite is growing in popularity. I would say that you won't be disappointed, but I'm not you, so I guess I can't say that with full confidence. I find it hard to understand a point of view where it is disappointing, though. Most people that are disappointed with the series usually complain about really minor things that don't really matter in the long run (at least I think) or they just don't understand the story in its entirety. Either way, if you like the first, I can tell you that you won't be disappointed with the rest (though people have complained about the second one. I personally don't think it's bad, it just seems like additional lore to the first game).

As for being steampunk, I find that an interesting adjective for it. I've heard a few other people say they consider it to be steampunk, but I feel that it is very different from the steampunk genre. I mean, sure there are similarites, but I don't exactly find it to be 'victorian,' I guess, which is something I heavily associate with the steampunk genre.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 12:44:54 PM »
Infinite was just.. god it was awesome! Story was like no other game I've played recently. It's easily one of my favorite games to date. Heck, I'm gonna quote the Lutece twins forever... or am I? It depends on the way you look at my way of typing.

As for being steampunk? I don't even know what that is!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 12:48:08 PM by Timmy Fox »
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Rhoryc

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 07:23:40 PM »
Finally got my hands on it. Haven't played too much of it, but I'm really liking it so far. I love the setting and atmosphere, gameplay mechanics are pretty solid as well. Will comment more once I finish it.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 01:50:24 AM »
Yess, yesssss... Tell me more! I like the Luteces as well. :x

Offline Rhoryc

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 06:49:02 AM »
THIS BOSS OH GOD HELP ME WHY

...no seriously, I need help here.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Alright, so I'm at the point when you go to the graveyard and fight the ghost of Lady Comstock. No matter what I do I can't seem to beat it. I've employed many different strategies but nothing seems to work. There's absolutely no ammunition and I've used up all the Tears. I just keep dying over and over and I'm wondering if I'm just doing something wrong. Like am I missing something really obvious? I haven't had any problem with the difficulty (Hard mode) up to this point, but this fight is insane. I'm not sure if I'm even doing damage to her! Some help or advice would be greatly appreciated.[/size]
GAH!

Offline Haxor

• Maverick Hunter
  • Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Is that all you got?
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Black fur, white hair, and mask, with white stripes on my tail
  • Height: 5"6
  • Weight: 135
  • Build: toned
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 07:40:59 AM »

*sigh* prepare yourselves...

Spoiler for Hidden:
Played both first and 2nd bioshock, love them to death, so obviously when Infinite came out I had high hopes.... Though in the end... it was disappointing to me... It felt nothing like the first two. Controlling your character felt clunky and stiff. Gameplay felt boring, very repetitive, with hacking enemies and vending machines being gone.  Bioshock 1 & 2 both served as being a survival fps, in Infinite it is thrown out the window with close to no melee enemies. Also with money, ammo, salts and health being everywhere. Vigors are under powered and useless, like they seriously have no use; an example being that really only 2 other enemies actually use them..... In a higher difficulty I thought I would have to make more use of them, but I found myself using them even less then I did in normal. Because they stay just as under powered if not more. I feel like i didn't even care if i die in the at all. Handymen, you only fight 4(?), and there is no true strategy to fighting them like there were to fighting big daddies. Songbird.... you don't fight him.... aaaand the twist/story, as good as it was... it just wasn't what bioshock is, or was at this point. As a stand alone game, this would've done fine. I mean graphics are appealing, and to most people that haven't played bioshock 1 & 2 they seem to like Infinite. For me and i want to say others, this was just a very over hyped game that didn't live up to what I and others expected or even wanted.
Mavericks are a blight of the world, and its my job to eradicate them.

Sona done by: lock-wolf.tumblr.com/

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 12:58:00 AM »

*sigh* prepare yourselves...

Spoiler for Hidden:
Played both first and 2nd bioshock, love them to death, so obviously when Infinite came out I had high hopes.... Though in the end... it was disappointing to me... It felt nothing like the first two. Controlling your character felt clunky and stiff. Gameplay felt boring, very repetitive, with hacking enemies and vending machines being gone.  Bioshock 1 & 2 both served as being a survival fps, in Infinite it is thrown out the window with close to no melee enemies. Also with money, ammo, salts and health being everywhere. Vigors are under powered and useless, like they seriously have no use; an example being that really only 2 other enemies actually use them..... In a higher difficulty I thought I would have to make more use of them, but I found myself using them even less then I did in normal. Because they stay just as under powered if not more. I feel like i didn't even care if i die in the at all. Handymen, you only fight 4(?), and there is no true strategy to fighting them like there were to fighting big daddies. Songbird.... you don't fight him.... aaaand the twist/story, as good as it was... it just wasn't what bioshock is, or was at this point. As a stand alone game, this would've done fine. I mean graphics are appealing, and to most people that haven't played bioshock 1 & 2 they seem to like Infinite. For me and i want to say others, this was just a very over hyped game that didn't live up to what I and others expected or even wanted.

Different strokes for different folks. I disagree with some of what's said, but that's just me.