Author Topic: Favourite retro aracde game(s)?  (Read 124 times)

Offline PotatoFur

• Vibrating Furby
  • Still figuring out my fursona.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Procrastinating, probably.
Favourite retro aracde game(s)?
« on: September 20, 2024, 12:01:42 AM »
Just to be clear, I'm not referring to the arcade games on this site. I'm referring to retro arcade games like Pac-Man or 1943.

Mine's probably Burgertime because I like burgers and the animations for the burger parts look pretty cool ^_^ Plus it's actually kinda hard and I like a good challenge every once and awhile. The game play is pretty fun and unique as well!
-`-_-`-

Offline ZaraRaEchidna

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Get Equipped With Floof
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: WAKE UP, BIMMY!
Re: Favourite retro aracde game(s)?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2024, 02:17:38 AM »
Heavy emphasis on that (s) --

Flicky comes to mind initially. . . I absolutely adore Flicky! Hitting those mean old nasty cats with flower pots and the likes - what fun!  XP
GoldenAxe is also high up there - I've gotten really quite good at that one; I really like the multiplayer ones, as I always visit the arcade with my partner, and usually some of our friends. So really, it's a great time!

I finally had the chance the other month to play the Deluxe cabinet of OutRun - what a fantastic time! Those hydraulics - WOW! I already adore OutRun - but moving with the cabinet, what an absolute rush!  ^_^

Crazy Taxi is faaarrrrr too recent to count as 'retro' ... But deserves a mention, because of how much fun it is to play that cabbie!

I love, love, love arcade games. It's been a passion for a very long time; it used to be impossible to find places in the U.K to really sink your teeth into these things.. So for the past 15 years, I've been popping into every arcade I see, and putting the worthwhile ones on this list; https://puppyland.neocities.org/vgarcade
I just adore them!

ZARA-RA!!

Offline PotatoFur

• Vibrating Furby
  • Still figuring out my fursona.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Procrastinating, probably.
Re: Favourite retro aracde game(s)?
« Reply #2 on: 4 hours ago »
Flicky looks like a cute game.  ^_^ I'll have to try it some time!

I remember playing GoldenAxe on the Wii when I was younger! That game was fun  :)

I don't think I've tried any of those driving games before, but they look pretty fun in all honesty! Haven't seen any near where I live though. Crazy Taxi especially looks fun, so at the very least I'll have to play the computer version of it.

Similar situation for me in all honesty. I really like arcade games, but where I live, It's easy to find fast food places that have a few analog arcade games inside, but actual dedicated retro arcade places are few and far between.  :(

At the very least I have emulators to play arcade games on, but it's just not the same, you know?
-`-_-`-