Author Topic: Trying to figure out my Fursona  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Saito_Chikara

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Orange
  • Height: Average
  • Weight: Average
  • Build: Lean
Trying to figure out my Fursona
« on: May 07, 2010, 12:30:22 PM »
I'm trying to figure out my fursona, and what animal i am. people keep saying "don't use those stupid tests" or "you'll figure it out", but I have no idea where to start to try and figure it out.... I'd appreciate any advice or assistance in figuring me out.

Warm Regards,

Saito
Avatar courtesy of the "Furry Doll Maker" by Gen8Hedgehog
Code: [Select]
http://gen8hedgehog.deviantart.com

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
Re: Trying to figure out my Fursona
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 12:34:06 PM »
My advice: Just pick an animal (or mythical creature) that you like a lot. You don't have to think too hard about it.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Saito_Chikara

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 12:50:02 PM »
What animal do I like? :/

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 01:02:11 PM »
do what i do. Choose what you think fits your personality best, based on your criteria and your opinion. It's all about you.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Ninjalion

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: Brown Mane not fully grown,Blue eyes that turn Yellow for an unknown reason, Sand Brown Fur
  • Height: 6"1
  • Weight: 180
  • Build: Athletic
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 04:42:55 PM »
When I first came into the furry fandom, I was Lion. I associated with friends on live journal as one. And eventually things happened and one thing led to another and this wolf came out. After awhile I had Black Panther came out on me. So I had a controversy about "Why couldn't I be all three?" I knew that wasn't gonna fly for me though. Eventually It started to work out and Panther was the best fit for me.

I always imagined myself as one of those three, and went on from there. So all I can say is just chose what you think fits you, if it changes then don't worry about it.

Offline Righteousbro

• Eager Elephant
  • Ekuamahtava
  • Species: Tiger/kitteh
  • Coloring: White and black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 07:40:45 PM »
A fursona is like a persona, its supposed to fit you personality. Pick the animal that's closest to you. For me, a Siberian tiger likes the cold, they're calm, intelligently crafty, and they pack a pounce. So whatever seems like you most is it, if you can't tell then just put out your personality traits and associate it with an animal. It can even be mythical.

Offline Bronze

• Avid Aardvark
  • Done by Buddywolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Jaguar
  • Coloring: Darkgrey Base, and neon green spots with Black rings.
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 150 lb.
  • Build: Lean athletic
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 09:22:04 PM »
I'm not sure if I have any actual advice for you.  But I definitely know where you're coming from.  I recently went through a time of uncertainty, and what ended up happening was when one of my friends up and said:  "I've always thought of you as more of a Jaguar"  Did some research and I liked what I saw.  So here I am.   
Would you like a medium or a large crater?

Offline Buddywolf

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Otterly Delicious!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Currently: I am going back to places I once visited frequently! For a short time :D
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 11:14:50 PM »
Could use one of those 20 question toy things.  they some how seem to be right.  They are magical to me  ^_^
I can already predict your fursona might be part of the cat family. Just gotta figure out which cat suits you....if your fursonas part of the cat family that is.  :S
Yeeeah! flyin through space and time!

Offline jakob_furreault

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black with gray belly
  • Height: size of a medium dog when being all cute and adorable, size of a couch normally
  • Weight: N/A
  • Build: lightweight
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 01:47:20 AM »
I suggest sit by a calm river and meditate a bit, see what comes out, and also what the others said, choose one that is closest to your personality.

Offline Saito_Chikara

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 02:28:28 AM »
I suggest sit by a calm river and meditate a bit, see what comes out, and also what the others said, choose one that is closest to your personality.
How does one find a river in the city?  :?
Anyways, I don't think I could even describe my personality, unless I'm asked specific questions... could someone ask me a few key, specific questions? I'm sorry if I seem totally out there...

Offline Righteousbro

• Eager Elephant
  • Ekuamahtava
  • Species: Tiger/kitteh
  • Coloring: White and black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 02:45:00 AM »
Calm river is just an example, you can dim the lights in you bathroom and that would work.

Okay key questions:
Favorite animal type (canine, feline, rodent, reptile, amphibian, mammal, etc.)
Energy (how hyper you get)
Colors (favorite colors you would like for your fur)
General personality (how would you describe your composure and on average what emotions do you feel)
Subtlety (are you a sneakier type of person or are you more of a straight forward full out type of person)
Build (how would you describe {or like to have as} you body.)
And one last thing:
How intoned are you with nature?

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 02:56:05 AM »
K, I'll ask some questions, and I'll give you my perception of your fursona. Take it or don't, I think it will give you a nudge in the general direction.

1) What's your favorite food?
2) You see someone beating up a friend! What do you do?
3) Do you like swimming?
4) Where is your ideal outdoor setting?
5) Are you shy or bold?
6) Are you social or a loner?

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 07:54:49 AM »
How does one find a river in the city?  :?
you don't have rivers in your city? I find that strange. Most cities are built around water systems.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Ninjalion

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: Brown Mane not fully grown,Blue eyes that turn Yellow for an unknown reason, Sand Brown Fur
  • Height: 6"1
  • Weight: 180
  • Build: Athletic
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 05:11:35 PM »
Do you even have any wooded areas?

Offline Saito_Chikara

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 03:57:38 AM »
Calm river is just an example, you can dim the lights in you bathroom and that would work.

Okay key questions:
Favorite animal type (canine, feline, rodent, reptile, amphibian, mammal, etc.)
Energy (how hyper you get)
Colors (favorite colors you would like for your fur)
General personality (how would you describe your composure and on average what emotions do you feel)
Subtlety (are you a sneakier type of person or are you more of a straight forward full out type of person)
Build (how would you describe {or like to have as} you body.)
And one last thing:
How intoned are you with nature?

1. Mammals, I believe... Also could be somewhere between Canine or Feline...
2. Depends on the time of day... If I'm just tired enough, I'll be hyper as hell. In the mornings, I'm a total "Leave-Me-Alone", unless I happen to be with the right people...
3. Black, Red, purple and blue are my favorite colours.
4. I tend to be comical, (AKA try to make jokes), and I try to be friends with just about everyone, but after a while, I get into a "go the heck away" mood. I have been rather down lately trying to figure out a lot in my life, so sadness is one of my key emotions on a day-to-day... and at night, I just like to cuddle with my husband before bed, mixed with a little bit of cute affection, some nights.
5. I like to think of myself as Ninja, but I have been known to do something without a second thought...
6. Slim with decent muscular tone, no Schwarzenegger bod or nothing.
7. I'm not really in tune with nature. I respect the earth, and do what I can to protect it in my small way, but I don't think I'm in tune with nature too much.

1) What's your favorite food?
2) You see someone beating up a friend! What do you do?
3) Do you like swimming?
4) Where is your ideal outdoor setting?
5) Are you shy or bold?
6) Are you social or a loner?

1. Curries. And Steak. Rare steak.
2. First instinct is to pretend I didn't see anything. Action would be to call out to the attacker, and give my friend time to get away, and hopefully get away myself.
3. LOVE IT!
4. Outdoor pool, or a park.
5. A little of both. Depends on the situation.
6. Again, a little of both. Afraid to make friends, don't like to be friend-less.

you don't have rivers in your city? I find that strange. Most cities are built around water systems.

I live in a sub-division on the north end of Little New York... err... Toronto. Mostly concrete and fences, minus the little patches that are called lawns...

Do you even have any wooded areas?

There's a fenced-off plot across the road that is in development for more townhouses... Other than that... just the odd sapling within walking distance.