Author Topic: More than a hello...  (Read 967 times)

Offline Timewilltell

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
More than a hello...
« on: May 13, 2010, 11:17:19 PM »
Hello. I'm a 15 year old guy, and I'm new to this "fourm" thing, so I'll explan why I'm here.

I started out as a normal 10 year old in junior school. It was the normal stuff, go to school, make friends, do work, normal stuff like that. Then when I moved up to secondery school, the social enviormant was too much for me. I then made a sort of wolf/tiger version of me, and kind of daydreamed about that, because it made me forget about everything. I did not know what a furry was at the time. I was then at home, surfing the web  and stumbeld apon an article explaning what a furry was. I thought: "wow! That sounds like me!". Things continued as usal, and I became a real furry. I had about 4-5 friends, and no one else really knew me. It then struck me that I should try and get in with the cool kids. I don't want to talk about it, so to make a long story short, it made me look like an idiot. People were laughing at me for weeks about the way I acted and looked. Then, it spread around the school. Everyone came up to me and laughed in my face. It make me loose 3 of my friends. Later, one of my friends found out I was a furry ( I still don't know how he found out to this day). He told me he was going to keep it a secret, untill one day, my friends started to turn on me. They stoped talking to me, they started to avoid me, and whenever I tryed to talk to them, they'd ignore me, and walk away. It then spread around the school, and people started to be even more hurtful. People started calling me a fur***. I tryed telling the teachers and my parents about it, but they just did nothing.

I have been bullied ever since. I have made no friends, and I feel no one understands me. I am still a person, but just with a small diffrence. And because of this, I have been sujectid to a life of hate and sadness.

I am sorry to upset you if I have. I know you are are very nice and upbeat people, but by putting this up here, maby someone could understand me, and not just bombard me with hate filled comments, and a punch in the cheast.

My parents say it will get better. They said that 3 years ago, and nothings changed. The teachers don't do anything. They don't really care about me, they just want me to do what they say. I do not and have not worn anything to indicate that I'm a furry.

Again, I'm sorry to upset you lovely people, I just want just 1 person to really care about me, and not be screamed "FUR***" at.

Yours truly,
another person.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: More than a hello...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 11:25:11 PM »
Things will change. At worst you'll have to deal with it until you finish high school. That sometimes seems like an eternity, but it will be over before you know it, and people will move on to other things. Try not to let what the people say get to you. I'd probably even recommend talking to a counselor of some sort just so you can talk more about these feelings you have. Don't worry so much about trying to be with the "cool kids" and just be yourself.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Timewilltell

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 12:00:09 AM »
Thanks. You have no idea how long it's been since someone has  helped me.

But it's not really just words. If it were, I'd probably punch them in the face, but it's not that simple. People normaly shout "qu**r" or "fur***" at me, then punch me in the stomach. I'd try to fight back, but since there's 3 or 4 of them doing it at one time, I don't think it's a very good idea.

I've tryed seeing a counselor, but it didn't really help.

Because of all this, I have a major social fear. I have a panic attack whenever I'm in a place where there's alot of people, or even a few,

I went back to the counselor, and he gave me some pills that might help. They didn't. He gave me some stronger pills. They didn't work either. My perants are starting to understand me a bit more, but still not much.

The teachers aren't doing anything. They never catch them, but I bet if I tryed to fight back, the teachers would give me detention for a month.

I've run out of ideas of what to do... Things probably won't get bet better even after I get out of school. My school life has left me scared to talk to anyone and unable to stand being near anyother person.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 12:11:38 AM »
I would probably do the only thing I could think of when nobody respects me. You just fight one of them when they are isolated from the allies and make sure he picks the fight, then even if you lose he knows you will at least punch back.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Timewilltell

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 12:23:50 AM »
 I guess... The only reason that I don't want to fight back if because: three people vs me= most likley bad for me, but what other choise do I
have?...

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 01:43:23 AM »
No other choice wasn't exactly my point, but I meant more like if it is as you say, you can't lose as you are already getting beaten up.

Offline Ninjalion

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: Brown Mane not fully grown,Blue eyes that turn Yellow for an unknown reason, Sand Brown Fur
  • Height: 6"1
  • Weight: 180
  • Build: Athletic
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 04:10:50 AM »
Here's a little tip, If you don't wanna fight a 1v3 and they're going to punch you in the stomach like that. Take a deep breath and do a martial arts shout, it saves on the pain a bit. When I practice spared with my black belt buddy, he would always throw round house kicks right too my solar plexus. I can take a shot, and had a chest protector but those only do so much. So getting kicked there four or five times in a row really hurts. I started Kiyaping (Shouting) and took a breath. I could take another kick in the same spot.

I really encourage you not to fight, yet consider the possibility of begging your parents to transfer to another school. Fighting is not  a 100% guarantee that people will just leave you alone. But this is up to you and I hope you just make the right choice. I believe you can take em out.

Other than that, the number one thing you must tell yourself is "Just hold on." I know its a [removed] to say it and live it. (I almost OD'ed on Tylenol PMs when I was about your age.) But the longer you stay alive, the better the chances it will change. My mom used to tell me that same thing. I thought she was on crack man, But now here I am telling you to just hang in there.

You can take any or all of this if you will. But in the long run, its really up to you to find out what to do. Finding a GOOD counselor can be a great difference as well.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 07:04:04 PM by WingedZephyr, Reason: Foul language »

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 06:03:18 AM »
Your friends don't really sound like friends to me. Friends will like you and accept you no matter what you are. I'll assume your in your freshman year and that can be the worst. Mine wasn't so bad infact I loved it. My school was so big you always found people you didn't know and start fresh with them. Your case seems a little difficult. You say you've talked with teachers, the principal, and other faculty but the problem still isn't resolved. See this is were you can start a legal issue. Technically, your pricipal and teacher(s) are legally obligated to step in if any sort of harm is done to you. This includes mental, physical, verbal, and cybrnetic. If they don't do anything then YOU (not your parents) need to go to the school board and tell them whats up. Tell them everything. The pricipal will be put in a position to solve the issue or face dismissal, a possible fine and/or jailtime for failing to help you. I took law and business, I know this. It's part of school policy.

Do not fight. You will either get hurt or probably get into trouble. I know it sucks but I'm certain it'll happen. Two wrongs don't make a right and all that. Don't be so insecure about yourself and don't take the **** people throw at you. They don't know you. Only you know you and you know that everything they're saying is a load. I bet you could even come up with a ton of stuff to call them. But that's me getting ahead of myself. Go to the board. You will not be disappointed.

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 12:14:23 PM »
In life we're forced to deal with the hands of cards we're given.
The hand may suck or heck, it may even be good to some.
Either way, eventually everything falls into place because everything happens for a reason.

Soon, you'll meet and find the right people.
Probably even here. (:

Its unfortunate you befriended unloyal and cruel friends but on the bright side, here at the forums we'll be there for you.
May not be physically but we'll be your emotional support and lend a helping paw.
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

Offline Timewilltell

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 06:48:15 PM »
Thanks everyone for the help.

Before I say anything, after I posted my last comment, I went to bed, then in the morning, I forgot to check this thread.

Today, was the day I snapped. I've had enough of this [removed].

Things were alright over 1st and 2nd period, untill break. 3 of the usal [removed] came up to me. The second one of them said something, well, I won't explane the fight in huge detail, but 2 of them had to go to hospital, and one ran away. I was then on my way to the main gate, when I saw some more [removed] (2 of them) making fun of this girl that I think was wearing a collar, or at least I think it was, but i wasn't interested about that. Let's just say I [removed] them up too. Right before I reached the main gates, the head teacher ( i'm British ), said she was going to call the police. I said that I was going to call the police, because I was going to take legal action against her, because they were just ignoring me, and now that I've done something bad, they call the police on me... I'm still pissed at that, but things got better.

I had an argument with her and a few other teachers and my perants ( they came in as well ) for 2-2 1/2 hours. It came to me having to apologise to all the people I've hurt, and all the people that have hurt me, to apologise to me as well. I also need to do an appolgy to the whole school, and they have to apologise to me as well. I also have to explane the diffrences of everybody in life, and explane that your a fag if you hurt someone that is diffrent to you and your friends. Something along those lines. I'm doing this on Monday :s.
At lunch, my old friends game up to me and apologised for dumping me and ignoring me for 3 years. They said they were very childish and they needed to grow up, and that they were only doing it because if they wanted to be in with the "cool kids". Some friends. They said that they realised how stupid and sorry they were. I'm still not sure wether to forgive them or not.

My perants and teachers told me that they didn't jnow it was this bad, even after I told them for years about what's been happening to me. They thought I was making it up. I didn't know what to say, so I just forgave them told them to never put a studant through this again. They aggred and appologised. I won't say what I said to my perants, but they appologised to me then cryed. I think I can hear them now saying "I can't belive we've done this too him..."

And that's kinda it. I'm still not proud for what I did, but I feel that something needed to be done, and I just saw red. I also think this might be a turning point. everyone understands me now and sorry. I don't know if it's really for the right reasons, but I can not change the past. I also have a few friends back, and I'm on the way to recovery. I'm still not sure if it was the best move, but what's done is done.

"

Post Merge: May 14, 2010, 10:51:16 PM
"if you want peace, prepare for war."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 07:03:29 PM by WingedZephyr, Reason: Foul language »

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 07:07:46 PM »
We all have to make sacrifices, I'm glad you were successful in making a stand for your rights.

Offline Timewilltell

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 07:23:28 PM »
Thanks.

So...that's kinda problem solved..,

anyway, it's very nice to meet you all and I think I'm going to have a nice time here :)

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 10:00:30 PM »
Today, was the day I snapped. I've had enough of this [removed].
At lunch, my old friends game up to me and apologised for dumping me and ignoring me for 3 years. They said they were very childish and they needed to grow up, and that they were only doing it because if they wanted to be in with the "cool kids". Some friends. They said that they realised how stupid and sorry they were. I'm still not sure wether to forgive them or not.

I wonder what the definition of "cool" goes by in your school. There's a fine line between being cool and being a douchebag. In my school, the kids who bully other kids are often beat up by us seniors. *shrug* If theres one thing I hate, it's a clown who thinks hurting others is cool or funny.

Offline Timewilltell

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 10:19:54 PM »
being cool nowadays normally means insulting whoever's in your way, physically harming someone, or who's the biggest douchebag.

people will normally do anything to be recognised, even if it means ignoring your friend that you've know for 4 years and them laughing at him.

people are [removed] these days.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 12:43:19 AM by Timewilltell »

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 04:48:46 PM »
(Comes out from hiding) Was this a hello thread, or an advice one?
I guess it was kinda both, and it looks like the problem was solved for the most part... I'm sorry that you had to go through all that crud... People like that shouldn't be in the gene pool. XD
Well, Ello and welcome to the Furry Forums! I hope you enjoy it here. :)

ShadoBrand Candy (1x Original)
Candy made by Mina herself using XS level magic, intermingles darkness and light mana, and compressing it, all in a in a spiffy box. This candy has been the downfall of many a warrior, and long time human users are prone to candy cancer. Only truly strong warriors (Lazguz or otherwise) can eat this candy without ill effects. Comes in 5 diffrent flavors, but  is always inhumanly sweet.