Author Topic: I can't take this crap anymore  (Read 1233 times)

Offline codbarley

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Snow Leopard
  • Coloring: Blue/Black/White
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 170
  • Build: Sexy
I can't take this crap anymore
« on: June 30, 2010, 04:40:06 AM »
How am I supposed to deal with this? I was on FA one night checking out submissions from my favorite artist, and my brother sneaks in the room (I didn't even know he was in the house!) and sees what I'm looking at and goes "HA! Wait till I tell mom!" before I knew it, the whole god damn town knows I'm furry. That isn't the worst part though. You see, I live n a rural town full of hunters and "Rednecks." So they find out that I, a guy, love animals and Anthros, and I get harassed. Oh but its not just the people in town! It's my family too! My brother picks on me for it, my dad thinks I'm a nutcase, My grandmother acts odd about it, and my mother is completely disgusted with me. I honestly don't know how to cope and it's getting bad. "run the clothes washer." "I don't know how to set it, mom." "Its the bottom left. Furry BOTTOM. You like that don't you?" oh and this other time when she gave away my cat angel. beautiful grey tiger at. Loved attention. She told me it was because she couldn't stand the litter box smell, but I took care of it every day, which means that she thought I "did things to her at night." Oh yeah, and I was cuddling up next to my Malamute, Tonka, and she was all like "you know if you have your way with him, your thing will fall off." and made an "ewww" face. my brother constantly goes "at least I don't have sex with animals!" I don't either, you retard... I'm 17 years old for christs sake! I deserve some respect from MY OWN FAMILY. So what the hell can I do, guys? I'm at the end of my rope and I just want some peace... :(
*banner goes here*

Offline Ho'ne Diheart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • :3
    • Awards
  • Species: Ghost Bolf (bear/wolf)
  • Coloring: black and redish brown
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: Stocky
Re: I can't take this crap anymore
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 05:26:33 AM »
Well their are two ways I can think of, pretty certain others can make up better ones, you can ignore it act if though that it doesn't bother you at all. Or you can have a serious talk with your parents. Make them understand that this is your life style, and respect you for who you are.

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 05:59:49 AM »
I'd probally lose it and kill all of 'em in my sleep... Kudos for not doing that already!

But all jokes aside, I can't think of anything except for moving out ASAP.
(God-dam rednecks...)

Offline Ho'ne Diheart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 06:03:18 AM »
I'd probally lose it and kill all of 'em in my sleep... Kudos for not doing that already!

(God-dam rednecks...)

(God-dam rednecks...)
Yea but it's hard to live out on your on, even with friends. And the rednecks...I live in a hick town, so I know how it feels....they are days where I feel my IQ drop XD

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 06:05:12 AM »
I'd move to Maryland. Nice where I live. :P

Offline Ho'ne Diheart

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 06:06:40 AM »
Still live parents XP

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 07:39:32 AM »
Codbarley, the worst thing you can do is to react in public. If you react to their jeers and harassment, then you have let them win already. I know it will be tough and I know it will be trying, but you can get away from them eventually if you try hard enough. You will be a much stronger person (at least in willpower) because of this situation than they will ever imagine, and their behavior will be nothing more than your common "internet troll" because they hate and "diss" what they are ignorant of.

And just to let you know, I am a redneck by how I was raised, and not everyone of the blue-collar-type is that ignorant... but I see worse behavior in my workplace.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 08:45:08 AM »
well, i went crazy bout a year ago, so i dont care what people think about me. maybe something you should try. if not, move out once its legal. no christmas cards for them. and if you get really rich or something, you can rub it in their faces. *diabolical laugh* heck, I work at target, and the only reason I go to my parents house is for laundry. i dont hate them, but I like being on my own, cept for my roomate, but I'm rambling so ill end by saying, we're here for ya. fur power! >:3

Offline Crevan Fox

• Kuddly Kitten
  • The Neon Arctic Foxy
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: Neon Green (On feet, paws, both ears, tip of tail and stomach), White (Everywhere else). All green parts are togglable bioluminescent
  • Height: Anthro: 1.85 m; Feral: 25 cm
  • Weight: Anthro: 82 kg; Feral: 3.5 kg
  • Build: Fluffy
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 08:51:21 AM »
This happened to me but my friend told my whole school, I was so ****** off when he did, But I just ignored them and i am trying to pass it, You should probably do the same

Offline kayle

• Eager Elephant
  • Hallelujah, lock and load!
    • Awards
  • Species: Lavender folf
  • Coloring: lavender folf with white stripe down back
  • Height: 6 ft.
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: medium
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 04:47:20 PM »
Are you sure you're not me?  This sounds almost exactly like my family, except that I was accused of being an "animal worshipper".  You just gotta stick it out, that's all I can say.  I know that sounds stupid, but... well, move out asap.  That's what I did.  The second I got out of high school, I started staying with my aunt and uncle (which is where I am right now) and things are getting better.  Just try to hang in there.

*sympathetic GLOMP*
Mother
Tell your children not to walk my way
Mother
Tell your children not to hear my words
What they mean, what they say....
-"Mother" by Danzig

90% of teens today would have a breakdown if Facebook were to crash.  If you are in the 10% that would be laughing, copy this and paste it to your sig.

Offline codbarley

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Snow Leopard
  • Coloring: Blue/Black/White
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 170
  • Build: Sexy
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 05:10:08 PM »
Guys, I'm trying to move out RIGHT THE HELL NOW! My dad offered to let me live with him in Arizona. Altho he does think I'm a bit of a loony for being a fur, He does tend to respect me about it and I don't get any crap from him. Even though my mother hates my lifestyle choice, she's trying to "convert" me back to "normal." normal is a setting on a friggin washing machine. On top of that, my grandfather is a stubborn bastard and is insisting that I stay here because they don't want to lose their "precious little baby boy." Blegh. Nobody here gets that I'm ready to look after myself and I can't do that If my mother doesn't even let me cook Ramen when she's not home. Yeah, on top of being antifurry, she never listens to me and treats me like I know absolutely NOTHING about ANYTHING.

"Mom, can I borrow your laptop?"

"Nooo your gunna screw it up."

"Mom, I fixed that for you three times this month because YOU screwed it up."

I deal with that type of [removed] every day, but my father, heh, he can hardly look after himself. Thats exactly the kind of parenting I need in this stage of my life. the lax "whatever" will help me force myself into Making y own choices and ultimately becoming well off and successful at which point I can rub it in my families face, as you say. I'd be the first of my generation in that family to become successful. I don' want to live a poor life with a big family. I wanna be single, well paid, and left alone. I've really been trying to get her to let me go, but It eems like I'll never get out of this wasteoid town.. *cries*
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 10:06:00 PM by WingedZephyr, Reason: Foul language »
*banner goes here*

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 06:13:27 PM »
great to hear, just be sure youre ready to live alone tho, its not easy

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 06:18:15 PM »
That's good to hear...
I'd leave in the middle of the night. They don't care enough to respect you, so why do they want you around? I'd pack my things and leave without asking/telling them. I'm sorry you have to go through this... (Huggles)

Offline Crevan Fox

• Kuddly Kitten
  • The Neon Arctic Foxy
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: Neon Green (On feet, paws, both ears, tip of tail and stomach), White (Everywhere else). All green parts are togglable bioluminescent
  • Height: Anthro: 1.85 m; Feral: 25 cm
  • Weight: Anthro: 82 kg; Feral: 3.5 kg
  • Build: Fluffy
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 06:20:36 PM »
It seem's like ALL non-fur's are hater's *Sigh*

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2010, 06:24:54 PM »
^ Not so true. Almost all my friends are non-furs, but they think its cool, or at the very least tolerate it.