Author Topic: My dog named duke.....  (Read 455 times)

Offline Ryan B

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Vibrant Orange
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 95 Pounds
  • Build: Light Build
  • Currently: Goal for today: I'm not sure what to say this day.....
My dog named duke.....
« on: July 05, 2015, 10:57:55 PM »
At this moment my dog is going to be put down, at this moment my mom is taking him to the vet. He is an old dog about 13 years old, his name is Duke. He is suffering, his throat is collapsed and he coughs like crazy, he has also lost control of his bladder. Now I technically am christian but I don't really believe god exists, but I am holding on to that shred of hope that heavan does exist and my dog won't be stuck in a void of no thought and blank space. With everything going on in my life at the moment, the emotional stress, I can't handle my one dog I have had for this many years to go. Just two days ago I realised I was bisexual, my dad just got out of the hospital and he probably will die soon even though the blockage in his stomach is gone he has stage 4 cancer, the type you can't get rid of... My brothers are assholes and don't care, I hear them laughing in their rooms about something... I find it funny how a few events in your life strung over 3 days can change you, change you into an emotional wreck. I am now thinking if I tried I could have convinced my parents not to do this but now I can't as they are already gone. I feel like a horrible person that I didn't do anything but cry as I watched my parents drive away with the one thing that made me happy in my worse times. I am not sure what to think anymore. All I can think to do is come to these forums that I just joined and type an emotional blob of text in the midst of me crying. I am going to sit here on my computer and try and do something to help me forget this is happening.....Last night I had a nightmare, my dog had nothing on his head and his brain just slipped out of his skull. I looked down and I saw my dog, the one I loved, slumped on the ground, dead forever. I am not sure if this was god giving me a warning or just pure coincidental, probably the second one but to think I may have been able to stop this makes me want to slam my head against the wall. I am sorry Duke....The only thing that has given me a slight smirk since I heard the news was the ROFL Fox emote so I am ending the post with that.
 XD

Post Merge: July 05, 2015, 11:22:44 PM
My cat is now freaking out, meowing and sniffing everywhere to try and find Duke.....I feel so bad for her and I can't help but feel it is my fault even though it was my parent's decision....
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 11:22:44 PM by Ryan B, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
Re: My dog named duke.....
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 11:41:52 PM »
I know you may not have wanted to give him up, but it is for the best that he is put down given what you've described. If you had tried to stop it, he would likely be suffering a lot more than he would if he were to just be put down. I'm not going to tell you life has a funny way of working out because that seems very cookie cutter and almost condescending when you're dealing with stuff like this, but know that bad times do pass and you'll have time to catch your breath, eventually.

As for Duke, sounds like he had a lot of love in that 13 year life span, and I'm sure he loved you just as much as you loved him. Keeping him would have prolonged his suffering and it's probably better that you think about all the good times you both had over beating yourself up for not stopping your parents. I'm very bad with words, but I hope the bad times pass soon.

Offline Ryan B

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Vibrant Orange
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 95 Pounds
  • Build: Light Build
  • Currently: Goal for today: I'm not sure what to say this day.....
Re: My dog named duke.....
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 11:57:41 PM »
I know it was the right thing, just to see my dog, my first pet, the pet I knew for most of my life, hop into a car so happy to go with my parents with no idea what was going to happen is making this twice as worse, I can't even tell if I made a spelling error cause I have tears in my eyes and everything is so blurry. I just wish animals could make their own choices and not have their life dictated by humans. If I could know my dog was ready to die, I would have not been nearly this upset but I am now just blabering on about my thoughts not even remembering what I have typed in the last few seconds. Just thank you for trying to re-assure me it was the right thing to do but it is,  I am not even sure how to describe it. Depressing, it is so depressing to see this happen I am no longer crying, well at least not as hardly crying. But I now feel this emptiness inside of me, like a big part of my life just vanished. I am now just dumping my thoughts into this post but thank you again for what you said.