The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: parents  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Philly Tanuki

• The Pantsless Raccoon
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • Avid Chipmunks Fan
    • Awards
  • Species: Tanuki
  • Coloring: Primary color: Cream, slightly tannish; Secondary color: Chocolate brown
  • Currently: Pinkie Keen!
Re: parents
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 10:24:03 PM »
I'm really not sure if there is a link.  I saw it on TV.

Offline Alonzorion

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Kitty-Wuff
  • Coloring: Blue and Grey
  • Build: Short, fluffy, cuddley :3
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 10:25:49 PM »
I think there's pretty much a lacking point in telling your parents, consider it telling your parents your a goth... Or an emo... Or a gangsta. Just let them look and you and think you are who you are, you wear what you want, you are who you want to be.
Gone. If you want to get in contact, try: [email protected]

Offline Fall Arrow

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Maned Wolf
  • Coloring: Reddish-brown with black "stockings" on legs, black mane and muzzle, white tipped tail, and white "bib" under the throat.
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120 pounds
  • Build: Average
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 10:30:14 PM »
I never really had that problem, nor will I have to worry about that happening. My mother was the one that pointed it out to me in the first place when I was browsing this fursuiter's page on DA and she really liked it. I guess she was the reason I found this whole community. She even said that she was interested in it, but she says it would be weird for her to become a fur since she isn't a "young person".

One thing you could do is break it to them gently. Stage it, in a way. Like just pretend to browse the Internet and pull up a page talking about furries. Bring it up to your parents and see how they react in the first place to furries. And if they react positively to it, you can tell them you are a furry. If they react negatively, try dropping subtle hints. Coax them gently into being fond of it.

I may not be the most helpful person but hopefully some of that was useful.  :)

Offline jakob_furreault

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black with gray belly
  • Height: size of a medium dog when being all cute and adorable, size of a couch normally
  • Weight: N/A
  • Build: lightweight
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 10:34:39 PM »
fall arrow you are smart. ill try that. after the councellor that is

man how do you spell councellor?

and yeah i saw it...... what a dumb.........what a stupid...... ah what a moron there no swears! ^_^