The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Some personal questions  (Read 582 times)

Offline Vver

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • All around nice guy
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: White and grey
  • Height: average
  • Weight: average
  • Build: average
Some personal questions
« on: December 18, 2009, 03:36:40 AM »
Lately, some friends of mine have been talking about sexuality and sexual preferences and whatnot. A lot of my friends identify as being bisexual, and I even made a friend recently who says he's pansexual. And I've been thinking: What am I?

I've dated two girls, and I'm not straight, fooled around with one guy, and I know I'm not gay, I don't have a preference for either boys or girls, but I'm not bisexual. I don't have a word for it... I just don't feel attracted to anybody. Is this normal? I wonder about it a lot lately. I don't know why; the only thing I can chalk it up to is that I want a way to identify myself. I know I'm an artist, a son, a student; but I've never had a word for my sexuality. Or lack thereof.

Also, I want to be more assertive. It's pretty easy to say things online, I can get pretty wordy, but in real life, I barely talk. Even when I'm around my friends, I barely put a word in. I like being in the background of things, and going with the flow, but I get a lot of flack from my classmates about not talking. They ask me why I don't, and I get embarrassed, so I just don't reply, and then they think I'm being rude, so they bother me. I want to say "I don't talk because I don't want to", but I don't want to be mean, so I just sit there with my head down.

I want a way to tell people to leave me be, but I don't want to be rude about it. I'd like it if I could be more talkative, I love making new friends, but I don't know how to be not shy. I've had the same five friends since I was in fifth/sixth grade and I'm sixteen now. I think it's time for me to branch out. So how can I do this? Advice would be appreciated.

Offline Kindran Ornitier

• The Resident Vampyre Kitteh
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • =^,-,^= Nyah!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Facebook
    • Awards
  • Species: Snake/Cat hybrid
  • Coloring: dark grey scales with electric purple veins running through them
  • Height: 8'
  • Weight: 210 lb
  • Build: Athletic and built in the legs
  • Currently: Shy semi-lurker panda er... cat-snake
Re: Some personal questions
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 03:41:18 AM »
Vver thats pansexuality like me. You don't really care as long as you have someone to love. Nothing wrong with it, and it's not negative in anyway.
RIP Patchy 08/96 - 29/01/10

The Rave Master

Sors imanis et inanis
Translation: Fate monst'rous and empty - One-Winged Angel - Nobuo Uematsu

=^,-,^= Vampyre Kitteh saiz "Nyah!"

Offline Alice The Necrofox

• The Necromantic Mechanist
  • Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Back in black! Or rather a putrid shade of green
    • Awards
  • Species: Undead Fox/Demon Hybrid
  • Coloring: Green fur
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Build: Tall, well built, young ish
  • Currently: Re-integrating with TFF. SO EXCITE
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 04:15:24 AM »
I have a friend like that
we joke that he has no horomones... :D
not that u don't
personally, i am quite sure I am straight, and i don't really have any friends (that i know about) that are anything else. Except a few lebians I think...
Anyway, my policy is just to go out there and have a great life... it doesn't matter with who or what...
JUST HAVE FUN!
  • Avatar by: Kazna (Waiting for him to give me his FA again)
  • Signature art by: None

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 08:33:08 AM »
as far as your sexuality is concerned, most people call it asexuality.

and needing more friends? well no, you dont NEED more friends. you want more friends but only cus your worried about not having enough. But when it comes to friends it's quality over quantity. I never tried to find friends, and I dont have many, but i'm fine.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Alonzorion

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
  • Species: Kitty-Wuff
  • Coloring: Blue and Grey
  • Build: Short, fluffy, cuddley :3
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 05:17:17 PM »
All I can say is don't lie to yourself, it's what I spent the best of the passed 6 years doing, you don't need to worry about what anyone else thinks on this topic. =)
Gone. If you want to get in contact, try: [email protected]

Offline Vver

• Boisterous Bear
  • All around nice guy
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: White and grey
  • Height: average
  • Weight: average
  • Build: average