The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I've just about had it...  (Read 636 times)

Offline Moongaze

• The original fox hat
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • My soundclick page
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Coloring: Red/brown fur
  • Height: 5' 8" in anthro form. 3' 5" in feral form.
  • Weight: 130 lbs in anthro, 20 lbs in feral
  • Build: Sleak, athletic build
I've just about had it...
« on: April 01, 2010, 04:44:53 PM »
For the last 2 years I've been as patient as I could with my brother.  He's been nothing but an arrogant douche to me. 

I couldn't help but laugh when he hooked up with a girl that had more wrongs than a deaf person reading a manual on how to cope with blindness.  But...  There was symbiosis...  He's my brother, family, etc...  Anyway a year into them being together I'm still surprised they can stand each others company.  Then I find out my brother got her pregnant.  At this point I have no idea what to think.  Of all the places to tell me, he tells me at a Panera Bread...  So that being said...  It was much later I found out I was the first person he told.  He left our father completely out of all the details.  Smooth move...

Fast forward to now...  The only thing keeping those to knuckleheads together is the kid and at this point every time I see them it's an instant face palm for their entire company.  I'm not going to get into that; however, I loved this...  Our dad has done everything to help my brother.  Money, baby supplies, this, that, my dad got him a job, etc.  But it's always been the same issue.  He's still scraping the bottom to get by, not to mention he's hooked up with a total gem that does absolutely nothing.  Not going to get into that either...  But anyway...  About a week ago my dad paid for Confined Space Entry Training so my brother has a better chance of getting into work sites.  That same day (I'm assuming) he proposed to his girl friend.  Didn't tell our dad...  Didn't tell anybody.  How did me and my dad find out...  We looked on Facebook at 6:30am one day and saw an announcement.  That pissed us right off.  And a couple days before me and my dad saw that...  My brother was over for dinner.  Didn't say a word. 

How can you have the indecency to not tell your own family you're getting married?  It's just...  Unthinkable.  And how the hell does he expect to pay for a wedding?  Ugh...  He's a piece of work...  This situation doesn't really affect me that much, it hurts my parents a lot more...  But still.  Just the gall to do that irks me.  It's like he's showing his true colors.

Bwaaahhh.  Rant over.  I could carry on for two pages listing the reasons how he's a jerk.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: I've just about had it...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 04:56:32 PM »
Don't worry, I've seen face-palming moments like that before. First thing I would recommend before trying to help them is to first calm yourself down, you can't do anything if you're not exactly in the best attitude and they will shrug off anything you say to them.

I'm currently seeing a situation happening with my oldest brother and I want to yank him up by the scruff of his neck, but that wouldn't do him or me any good.

Offline Moongaze

• The original fox hat
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • My soundclick page
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Coloring: Red/brown fur
  • Height: 5' 8" in anthro form. 3' 5" in feral form.
  • Weight: 130 lbs in anthro, 20 lbs in feral
  • Build: Sleak, athletic build
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 05:04:17 PM »
He's far off from help.  He keeps digging that hole of his deeper and deeper.  If anything, he needs to start my assessing his situation.  He needs to help himself before others jump in.  He's become too dependent on others at this point.   

Well, this is slightly off topic, I do not believe we've had the pleasure of meeting each other.  Hi, it's nice to meet you :3

Offline Philly Tanuki

• The Pantsless Raccoon
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • Avid Chipmunks Fan
    • Awards
  • Species: Tanuki
  • Coloring: Primary color: Cream, slightly tannish; Secondary color: Chocolate brown
  • Currently: Pinkie Keen!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 07:45:41 PM »
Well If he was my brother I'd tell him everyday that he needs to learn to cope with his own problems because you reep what you sow.  And about the wedding, I'm pretty sure that the parents of the bride pay for the wedding.

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 10:33:16 PM »
If he dosn't wanna tell anyone about the wedding, fine.
But don't expect ME to pay for a wedding that you don't want me at.

For that, he can get married at the courthouse.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 01:55:47 PM »

Did I miss something?  :?

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 12:59:35 AM »
IiDK... Maybe I missed something... :?

Offline Kodakk

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • OMG IT'S A BEAR!
    • Awards
  • Species: kodiak bear
  • Coloring: brown
  • Height: 6'2
  • Build: huggable
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 01:27:43 AM »
ahhhhaha! mass confusion!

anywho, that does suck for your brother. he sounds to me like he really doesnt respect the family at all. then again, i am fairly distnt from my family too. i love them and all, but sometimes i just dont think they need to know certain things. like that i am a furry or... other things.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 11:59:15 PM »
Though it sucks to say it...there isn't much you yourself can do about the situation. Basically your parents need to stop taking care of everything for him or else he'll never learn. He needs to see the consequences of his actions so he can (possibly) learn from his mistakes. And a person can't learn from their mistakes if no one lets the person make them in the first place.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 06:44:31 PM »

Why would you be paying for Moongaze's brother's wedding?

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 07:13:16 PM »
I think she was talking about in a situation where if someone asked her to pay for a wedding but not invite her, she wouldn't pay for it.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 12:37:41 AM »
Right! Because the way Moongaze tells it, he just mooches off o' people... And that may be the next thing he asks for.
I think the best way to deal with people like these is to cut them off. Like Vee says, he has to make his own mistakes for him to learn from them.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 02:22:48 AM »
I agree with shadow but it still is a major pain.. My older brother almost did that, but my mama threw his pregnant girl out (who was preggers with someone else's baby, mind you) then my brother since he wouldn't get off his arse.. It gets annoying, doesn't it?
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!