The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: My Nightmares  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
My Nightmares
« on: December 27, 2010, 08:23:12 AM »
Okay, since I've been plagued with PTS induced nightmares for some time now I thought that I could convert the ones that I remember into short stories.
Any feedback on how to improve my story from grammer to spelling to content is greatly appreciated.

Here's one I had a couple nights ago.

I stared down the seemingly endless road, it was impossible to tell how far it went on because of the thick fog.
I began to walk along the road, it was completely abandoned, not a single car, not a single streetlight.
I continued to walk until I saw something emerge from the fog, it appeared to be a tunnel, even before entering I could tell it was black as night within.
The further in I went the darker it got, until I couldn't see my own hand in front of my face.
After I emerged on the other side I looked down and saw that I now had fur, looking behind I could see hat I had a tail too.
I had transformed into my fursona, oddly enough I didn't seem phased by this.
Then all of a sudden the sky turned black and the air grew cold, the only visible light was what appeared to be a streetlight about a kilometre away.
I began to run towards the light, but it seemed to be getting futher away, the light growing dim, the air ever colder.
I heard crunching, looking down I saw I was running on broken, bloodstained glass.
The light was gone now and it was darker then ever.
I closed my eyes for a second but when I opened them I was strapped to a gurney, three doctors ran alongside me while a nurse pushed.
They pushed me into a operating room, I couldn't see what was behind me but I the sound of a power tool revving up.
Looking out of the corner of my eye I saw one of the doctors approaching me with a power drill in his hand.
"No!" I yelled and began to squirm, the other doctors held me down while the third one began drilling into my leg.
The pain was excruciating and there was blood flying everywhere, all over my face, in my eyes.
I closed my eyes tight and waited for it to stop.
When I opened them again i was on a misty  road smiler to the highway I was on earlier but not as foggy and much smaller.
I looked down and breathed a sigh of relief, my leg was fine.
I began walking again until I came across an intersection with a wreakage in the center, it was very familiar, it looked just like the car accident I had been in.
The scene was completely abandoned, i saw no one around the cars, until I looked in the passenger seat
I saw a person, his body mangled and bleeding.
I looked at the face and was utterly shocked, I saw myself, my face was bleeding, mangled and torn.
I reached into the car and touched my neck, it was cold, no pulse, nothing.
I was dead.
I felt sick to the stomach, I had to get out of here.
I began hearing screams and sirens, I turned but there was my body hanging lifelessly in the air, my dead eyes staring intently at me, I turned and tried to run but everywhere I looked I could only see my dead body.
I ran, I closed my eyes and push my way through, until my leg caught something and I tripped, landing hard on the broken glass, I was bleeding everywhere.
I closed my eyes and curled up next to the car.
The screams and sirens kept getting louder and louder until I couldn't stand it anymore.

And that's when I woke up.
Okay, I'm not the best writer but I don't care, I just need to write this stuff down.
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: My Nightmares
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 02:16:49 PM »
That was actually very scary and very interesting, I felt myself being drawn thoughout it. Good job and freaky nightmare (I don't know if having a nightmare is ever a good thing but I thought I'd throw that compliment out there anyway.) In fact, it inspires me to post my own nightmares, like the ones I had last night.  x_x 
x

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
Re: My Nightmares
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 07:08:04 PM »
Thanks, I've been having these nightmares for a bit now, this oneis by far the most vivid.

If you're having nightmares too, it's a good idea to write them down, it really helps.
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain