The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Ghost Sweepers Of The Furry World (OOC/Sign Ups)  (Read 1752 times)

Offline Kodachi Devil

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Bunbun! Bunbun! Yes I am!
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: Brown Fur, BBrown Hair.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 119 lbs.
  • Build: Medium
Ghost Sweepers Of The Furry World (OOC/Sign Ups)
« on: March 12, 2011, 09:38:11 PM »
Okaaaaay. Well. like i mentioned in a seperate thread, I've been planning on bringing up a 'Ghost Sweeper Mikami' type RP. And I decided that I am going to do that, but I won't officially start the RP until I have enough people signed up and stuff. So here is the run-down of the RP.

Setting: A Massive City, known as Sunrise City, because it is said that this is the first city in the world to see the Sun Rise, and the last to see the sun set, every day. The city is very metropolitan, however on the outskirts there are very rural areas. There are high tech buildings, average houses, apartment buildings, the whole-nine-yards of a city. Throughout this humongous city are numerous 'Ghost Sweeper' agencies.

What's a Ghost Sweeper Agency?: Well, in Sunrise City, as well as other cities throughout the world, ghosts and demons run amok. They typically stay in one general area or haunt one particular person. Ghost Sweeper agencies take jobs from people that come to them, weather it be to exterminate a demon terrifying the residents of an apartment building, or to exorcise a ghost that is haunting a train station. Typically, there are kind and nice ghosts and demons, and people don't typically want these kinds exterminated. It's the violent ones and the ones that try to drive people out of a place that are threats. What a ghost sweeper decides to do is up to them. After learning the ins and outs of a case they can decide weather or not they really want to do anything at all, and can just outright deny the job and send the client somewhere else.

How do you become a Ghost Sweeper?: You take the ghost sweeper certification exam. This is mostly just something for RPers that don't start off as ghost sweepers to do. Of course, if we get an overabundance of Ghost sweeper characters then I will make the test mandatory. Basically, it is a written test, then an actual performance test. Your scores are averaged together and depending on the score you get a ghost sweeper license of a certain rank. Bronze(score 70-79), Silver(score 80-89), Gold(score 90-95), Platinum(score 96-99), or Diamond (Score 100).

Classes?: There are a few various classes your character (or characters) can be.

Ghost Sweeper: Everything you need to know about Ghost Sweepers has already been mentioned above, except for a few things. The Currency of this world is called Runes. A Ghost Sweeper can charge any amount of runes they see fit for a case, or charge by the hour, etc. etc. Also, each ghost sweeper has their own unique way of exorcising malicious demons and ghosts. Some may use talismans, while others may choose to use special guns, or curses, or even alchemy! It all varies, and each method has it's own ups and downs.

Ghost (Evil): Evil Ghosts/Spirits don't typically have a physical body, and only very high class ones can possess people. Their attacks and fighting styles are more oriented towards the so-called 'Dark Arts' than a normal or good spirit. If an evil Ghost/Spirit were to turn good somehow, they would still retain their darker abilities, and not gain any kind of new abilities. However, if a good spirit becomes evil, they lose any kinds of old abilities they might have had, become corrupted, sort of possessed, and gain darker abilities.

Ghost (Good): Good Ghosts/Spirits don't typically have a physical body, and only very high class ones can possess people. Their attacks and abilities are more oriented towards 'good' magics, like water and earth, etc.

Demon: okay, the line between good and evil for a demon is EXTREMELY blurred. They can use so-called 'dark-arts' even if they are good, and so-called 'good' magic even if they are evil. Most demons look like regular anthros, but with devil-wings, devil-tails, and possibly horns. The Evil Demons are more like criminals. Also, Demons can hide their features from an average person. Only people with signifigant training, or just natural abilities, can see the hidden features on demons. Demon and Ghost attacks are signifigantly different, as Demon attacks are typically more violent. '

Android: A mechanical furry! What a contradiction. Alchemists typically have Android partners. They make a good team because the Android is more sturdy than the alchemist and can defend them as they prepare to unleash a powerful attack! Androids also need to be frequently checked however, because if they are damaged in battle, then they might cease functioning in the next battle. They are rather high maitenence.

Alchemist: These guys don't even totally work for a Ghost Sweeper Agency. Some of them do, but some are 'freelance' meaning they don't have a license to become ghost sweepers. Alchemists practice, well, alchemy. They are versed in typically two forms of alchemy at most. These can range from producing weapons, defenses, healing items, traps, various objects, even miniature assault robots.

Average Anthro: as the title says, there's nothing exactly too...special about them. Most of the time, these guys are clients.

A note on Demons And Ghosts: Ironically, demons and ghosts can join ghost sweeper agencies. Say a demon lost a bet to one of the higher-ups of the demon society, and was forced to join a ghost sweeper agency. It's totally possible. Or a demon or ghost could be recruited by a ghost sweeper, or they could join of their own free will! Also, a demon or ghost might even be a client for a ghost sweeper!

A note on Ghost Sweeper Agencies: I only want a total of, like, two agencies, please. Just in the beginning, so things don't get too complicated. Then, if things progress, we can have more agencies.

RULES
-------
1. Keep it relatively kid friendly, kids! I don't want a bunch of graphicness going on.
2. No godmodeing, please. Don't automatically hit and kill a demon or something, okay?
3. You don't need to fill out a character skeleton if you're going to make a client, because the odds are that after their case is solved, they probly won't ever show up ever again.

4. Don't make your character tremendously overpowered, like the ULTIMATE WARLORD OF HELL MUA HA HA HA HAAAAAA.
no. that's bad. don't do it. don't.

CHARACTER SKELETONS
-----------------------------
Ghost Sweeper
------------------
Name:
Race:
Weapon: (if any)
Magic: (if any)
Own Their Own Agency?:
If yes, what is the name of said agency?
If no, what agency do they belong to?
Preferred method of Ghost/Demon exorcism/extermination:
Background:
Description:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
DEMON
Name:
Magic: (they most definately have at least ONE kind)
Good or Evil?: (odds are if they're evil and cause harm to people, they'll probly be hunted down at some point)
Do they work for a ghost sweeper agency?: (if they are evil, then it's most likely no. I mean what slef respecting being of chaos and destructions works to PREVENT chaos and destruction!?)
Background:
Description:
--------------
GHOST
--------------
Name:
Magic: (they most definately have at least ONE kind. they cannot use weapons however, unless it's a weapon made from magic
Good or Evil?:
Do they work for a ghost sweeper agency?:
Background:
Description:
--------------
AVERAGE
--------------
Name:
Race:
Background:
Description:
----------------
ALCHEMIST
----------------
Name:
Race:
Weapon: (if any)
Alchemy Type: (weapons, objects, defense, traps, etc.? most alchemists can only master a maximum of 2 alchemy types. However, they can attempt research into other fields of alchemy)
Are they a ghost sweeper, or are they freelance? (no license):
If they are a ghost sweeper, do they own their own agency?:
If no, what agency do they belong to?:
Background:
Description:
--------------
ANDROID
--------------
Name:
Gender: (What gender do they appear to be? Cuz androids can't have a gender)
Race: (What race do they appear to be?)
Weapon: (What weapon or weapons are they equipped/installed with?)
Magic: (have they been installed with magical capabilities? If so, what kind of magic have they been trained in?)
Background:
Description:
I'm a devil, but I'm not bad most of the time. Okay I'm only bad some of the time. Okay maybe I'm bad all of the time. ;D

I heart Girls Generation! <3

Offline Muscular Bear182

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Bear
  • Coloring: Black and red and purple
  • Height: 6ft 7in
  • Weight: 385
  • Build: Muscular
Re: Ghost Sweepers Of The Furry World (OOC/Sign Ups)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 12:36:09 AM »
Totally going to b a Ghost Sweeper... YES!

Ghost Sweeper
------------------
Name:Tony Alterio
Race: Bear
Weapon: (if any) .45 Colt Revolver and a Kukri on occasion He'll have a silenced MP5
Magic: (if any) None
Own Their Own Agency?: Yes
If yes, what is the name of said agency? Peacemaker Inc.
If no, what agency do they belong to?
Preferred method of Ghost/Demon exorcism/extermination: Holywater dipped silver bullets and Exorcism
Background: Once when Tony lived on the outskirts of Sunrise he had been friends with a boy named Markus Forman they grew up and were good friends both serving in the Military. Once they had gotten home his friend started getting into witchcraft and was possesed by a demon. He has been killing many and Tony is out to get the Exorcism on this Demon once and for all.
Motto: (I added it for the biz) The Lord forgive me, for Satan shall not.
Description: Black fur and a cross cut into his forehead, it was what all his agents must do.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 12:42:37 AM by Muscular Bear182 »

Offline Kodachi Devil

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Height: 5'11&quot;
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 12:40:40 AM »
Love it!!!!! :)
I'm a devil, but I'm not bad most of the time. Okay I'm only bad some of the time. Okay maybe I'm bad all of the time. ;D

Offline Muscular Bear182

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Bear
  • Coloring: Black and red and purple
  • Height: 6ft 7in
  • Weight: 385
  • Build: Muscular
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 12:43:06 AM »
I had forgotten about the description I think it's pretty cool.

Offline Kodachi Devil

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 01:44:21 AM »
Now it's my turn!

ALCHEMIST
name: ashton taylor
race: squirrel
weapon: whip
alchemy type: traps
freelance.
background: ashton's father, james, was an alchemist, trying to obtain the secret of eternal life. he taught ashton all he knew about alchemy in case he were to die. Ashton's father sadly died in a car accident. Ashton, promising to obey his father's wishes, continues researching eternal life. His faithful android fio follows him wherever he goes, aiding him with his duties.

ANDROID
name: fio
race: unigan
weapon: rocket boosters in her shoulder blades, energy rings.
Magic: wind, chenneled through her energy rings.
Background: programmed to serve ashton when his father died, fio acted as a servant and a guardian to ashton, protecting him in battle and aiding him in research. She wears a bright pink maids outfit emblazojned with a lavender heart on the chest area.

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 03:53:16 AM »
FTW!!!

__Demon___

Name: To demons she is known as Aike-Aike, but keeps a human name of Katie Sprigg as well.
Weapon: A large war cleaver supposedly dipped in holy water on a daily basis. Because her weapon is so deadly to herself she sheathes it and is extremely careful handling it.
Magic: She focuses on the schools of fire destruction and poison. While she is very adept with them, the main reason she is successful at doing away targets with them is that she is sneaky.
Good or Evil? Evil to the most bitter end, she is secretly resentful of all.
Do they work for a ghost sweeper agency? Yes she does. She freelances for many of the main agencies. Reason to be explained.
Background: Aike-Aike was cast out of hell for bitter behaviour at one of her father's (a demon warlord) parties. She was so angry that she threatened to kill herself on earth, so that the arranged marriage she had to one of her father's favorite young demon princes would never happen. Her father knew she would do it, so he offered her a second chance to come back to hell and restore her honor: if she were to work for him on earth, spy on these "ghost sweeper" agencies and report back to him, he would allow her to return someday soon. In other words, "Katie" is a double agent. When she is around ghost sweepers, she does as they ask of her and is very sweet and kind, but the second they turn their backs she's off reporting to the head of the demons' evil underground. She takes great steps to hide her true motives, and is an excellent liar, thinking up a whole fake story to tell the good ghost sweepers of why she came to earth and why she wants to help them.
Description: Aike/Katie is a chinchilla with grey fur and darker undertones. She has a pair of great black feathered wings she keeps hidden. Her eyes are cat yellow and she has burgundy hair to her shoulders.

x

Offline Kodachi Devil

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 12:20:12 PM »
Yay! Another person signed up! :)  we're almost ready to start the RP :) just need like one or two more people and we can get this thing rollin. Or we could start later today and have a client appear :3

Offline Blizzard0007

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: White/Gray
  • Height: 205 cm
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Atheletic
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 05:08:24 PM »
DEMON
Name: Blizzard
Race: Wolf
Weapon: Short Sword & Handgun (as a human)
Magic: Ancient Magic
Good or Evil?: Borderline (does what he feels is best course of action)
Do they work for a ghost sweeper agency?: when the need arises, yes
Background: Has lived through the past millenia and has been searching for the Demon working for the agencies that killed his beloved wife so many years ago. Truly acts his age. Has trouble finding the sense in people of this time. Nobody truly knows his story, only knows he has an objective that he will complete at any means.
Description: Hes what you'd call a "werewolf" a person who can at will change into a humanoid-wolf. As a human he has black hair and his body tells of the story of the past. He is 6"3' and doesn't look as if hes aged a day past 23. In his wolf form he is 6"8' a gray-black fur covers him with a scar across his back, which he refuses to talk about.

Offline Kodachi Devil

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 06:16:20 PM »
Whoo! Good to go! :)

Offline Kodachi Devil

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 09:06:20 PM »
NOTE: just because the RP has started, sign ups are still open.