The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Project Kitsune  (Read 1382 times)

Offline BlueEyes

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox spirit
  • Coloring: black with a little dark blue; white mask with red markings
  • Height: 1.8m
  • Weight: variable
  • Build: variable
Project Kitsune
« on: March 21, 2011, 10:29:57 PM »
This project has been on my mind recently. I've always wanted to have my own original costume, but never could find the time to make one.. So I got fed up with constantly finding excuses, and finally decided to go for it!

I'm gonna try and make a kitsune costume sometime until next autumn. I've gotten the basic idea of what I would like to make, and I am currently working on finding materials and polishing my concept. It's not very complicated; since fox spirits have a habbit of turning into humans (and a variety of other stuff too, according to the stories), I figured I'd just go with the anthro mask-wearing form. I'm going to use a simple light, summer kimono (called a yukata); I will have someone sew it for me, since I cant sew myself. Next, besides the mask I plan on using a wig (preferebly with spiky hair), some (white and black) bodypaint and a fox tail of course! Throw in a japanese fan into the picture and you've got your basic kitsune!

Now, I still havent decided on wether to make the kimono red or dark blue (or any other darker colour).. I also haven't decided on the wig colour- fox red or basic black. But I am still gonna keep things simple with the mask and keep it white with black and red markings.

Anyways, I'm gonna upload some pictures, and if you have any suggestions on improving it, let me know; and btw, sorry for the poor quality of some pictures, hopefully you will be able to make something out of them. Hope you like em.

Post Merge: March 21, 2011, 10:31:43 PM
The front..

Post Merge: March 21, 2011, 10:32:54 PM

Post Merge: March 21, 2011, 10:35:19 PM

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 10:35:19 PM by BlueEyes, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
"I love you, I've tasted hell. I hate you, I've seen heaven.
I know you. I've found myself."