The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Scarred White Lion  (Read 980 times)

Offline Seattle Simba

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Scarred White Lion
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: White & Gray
  • Height: 69 inches
  • Weight: 210 pounds
Scarred White Lion
« on: March 26, 2011, 04:15:25 AM »
Bah, I always hate this introducing yourself thing, because I never quite know what to say about myself.

I have always felt feline, and I actually started out as a black cat.  I felt more comfortable in my black velvet catsuit and mask, than I did in my real skin.  But even then, I did not feel I was living up to my real self.  It took some time, and $900, to finally have my real skin crafted.  I cannot even begin to express how I feel when I am in my full white lion suit... I feel so right.

The real me is 35, and I am an avid cosplayer and con goer.  I enjoy attending SciFi Conventions in Seattle, such as NorWesCon, RustyCon, SakuraCon, Rainfurrest, and the occasional WesterCon/WorldCon/etc.  I also greatly enjoy volunteering for these Cons, to see them succeed, and have been a part of con programing and operation for both RustyCon and NorwesCon over the years.  I have been a part of two Cosplay/Live Action Role Play groups, I.S.S. (Imperial Starbase Society), and Turk Coffee Cosplay.

I.S.S. started out as a LARP group, with tentative ties to the community.   We are now a science & education 501(c)(3) non-profit group, that educates the community, by teaching rocketry to Cub Scouts, or taking apart a computer and showing a middle school class how a computer works, and how to build one.  We still get together with other fan clubs for events, dressed to the hilt in our full costumes, for things such as Lazer Tag with Klingons.

Unfortunately, Turk Coffee Cosplay folded shortly after SakuraCon 2008.  It was a mainly Final Fantasy VII cosplay group, that attended several Anime cons in Washington, Oregon, California, and other somewhat local Northwest States.  Best known for its skits, and coffee (and silly string) related stunts.

Sadly no one in my two costuming clubs have an interest in Furry, so I have been forced to venture out alone.  It was actually a random friend, whom I encountered in a college class, who directed me here.  With any luck, I can connect with some local furs, so I don't feel so alone in my new lion skin.

So yeah... that is me.
*In memory of Wyndsong*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bury me beside the endless sea, raise my ashes to the Wynd
Remember me when falls another life, quench my funeral pyre with wine

Offline Buddywolf

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Otterly Delicious!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Currently: I am going back to places I once visited frequently! For a short time :D
Re: Scarred White Lion
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 06:27:47 AM »
So much...Sorry bro, I don't have a unique welcome for such an awesome lion.  So...welcome to the forums. enjoy your time here. Please keep all phasers set to stun unless needed other wise.   :) Have  a nice day. 
Yeeeah! flyin through space and time!

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 06:29:14 AM »
Welcome to our forums Mate. Im Macid, the Lynx. Hope you like it here!

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 01:11:23 PM »
Yip yip! Welcome to the forumz of fur!
I'm Timmy the Foxy, your local Royal Cutefox! I never say no to get a new friend ;)
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 03:13:48 PM »
welcome, the forums' only artistic Polar the Bear, at your eternal service.

i know how you feel about introductions.

Offline PixieFace

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • FknUnicorn :P
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 05:05:53 PM »
This is like, the best intro post ever.  :B