The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Ramen, Ramen, Everywhere!  (Read 1332 times)

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Ramen, Ramen, Everywhere!
« on: May 26, 2011, 07:45:00 PM »
There's a reason Japan's imported classic noodles, Ramen, are so popular that they have entire resaurants devoted to them and many individual dishes involving them...they are delicious! Not only that, but they are inexpensive (a few cents a brick) and you can do almost anything with them.

The problem is deciding just what you want to do with them. Preparing the package according to instructions and eating it straight is fine, but there are lots of ways you can make an actual, rounded meal out of one single bowl of ramen. Sometimes it's difficult to get what you're looking for in a ramen bowl, as the taste of the noodles depends A LOT on the soup and extras they are mixed into so you need to be careful. But sometimes you can just throw whatever you want into them and chow down....it all depends.

In this thread I will feature four different ramen dishes that I love...ramen for breakfast, ramen for lunch, ramen for snack and ramen for dinner! My dishes are very simple and obvious, no real strenuous work. But feel free to  post your own ramen bowl recipies! I'd love to try them.

Warning: The dishes I am about to feature can be considered very high fat if you are serious about watching your diet. If you’d still like to try them while staying low fat, feel free to substitute or use low fat or organic versions products instead of the plain products.

I am no good at judging amounts, since I just throw however much I want in to taste, so please use your own judgment.

Ramen For Breakfast:

One or two instant ramen packages, brick type
Two eggs
A healthy chuck of ground sausage, more or less depending on your personal need
Seasoned Salt
Cream
Green onions, chopped
Shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese (which you’d prefer)
Parmesan cheese (one to two cups, again on preference for how cheesy you want)
Pepper
Butter (four or five tablespoons)
Water (about two and a half cups)

1) Prepare the soup base by boiling the water. Add however much cream you’d like depending on if you want your soup to be thick or thin. Stir constantly.
2) Add a cup or two of parmesan cheese (ground or shredded), the butter, and some pepper and seasoned salt for taste. Stir until the cheese has melted into the soup and it is purely liquid. Set aside.
3) Start the noodles. Boil one or two brick packages of instant ramen, with or without the seasoning packets, depending on your personal wants.
4) While waiting for the ramen, dice your green onions and set aside. On a separate frying pan, prepare your eggs, cooking them ‘sunny side up fashion,’ that is, do NOT scramble them. Just crack the egg, put them in the pan and cook the bottom, flip over and cook the top, careful not to break the yolk. In yet another separate pan, prepare your sausage, using a spatula to break up the sausage as it cooks until it is ground. Set all this aside.
5) Now that the noodles have finished boiling, DRAIN THEM. Do not use the broth.
6) Pour your soup into a large bowl. Keep in mind this is the bowl you’ll be eating out of.
7) Add the ramen to the soup. Mix a bit if you’d like.
8) Add the sausage. Mix well till the ground sausage is distributed evenly.
9) Top it off with some shredded mozzarella or cheddar, microwave if you want the cheese to melt in.
10) Carefully decorate the top by lifting your fried eggs onto the top. Do not break them or mix them in.
11) For the final touch, sprinkle on your green onions.
12) Now you have a bowl of ramen that is a huge, well rounded meal in itself! Add decoration or seasoning to your liking. Eat with chopsticks or a fork. Feel free to mix everything together as you eat.

Sorry~ No time to post the other recipes, I will get back to it tonight. I may also eventually post pictures of my finished ramen bowls.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 12:57:32 AM by Katie W. »
x

Offline Pea

• Pea is Me
  • Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Everything is happening.
  • Species: Vine Snake
  • Coloring: Dark green scales with deep poisonous green eyes.
  • Build: Teeny
  • Currently: slithering hither
Re: Ramen, Ramen, Everywhere!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 10:14:18 PM »
That sounds pretty good  :D

Looking forward to more recipes. Never thought of making full meals out of Ramen  :o
  • Avatar by: Me, colored by Evnamishko

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: Ramen, Ramen, Everywhere!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 12:21:33 AM »
Yes, in Japan there are all kinds of recipes for ramen and they have their own resturants. Here's a ramen resturant in Canada:

http://www.yummylocal.com/reviews/ajisen-ramen-japanese-noodle-restaurant/

Haha I'll post some more recipies up soon. :3

Post Merge: May 27, 2011, 02:55:45 AM
Ramen for Lunch:

This dish is more true to Japanese style ramen soup.

One or two packages of ramen
Assorted Bell Peppers, chopped
Green onions, diced
Carrots, diced
Celery, chopped
hard boiled eggs
soy sauce or black bean sauce (optional)
mayonaise (optional)
sliced cheese (prefferably white, optional)
food coloring (optional)
parsley
Bread
Seasoning to taste

Special --- a small paintbrush or cooking/candy brush.

1) Begin right away by cooking the ramen noodles. This time we need the broth, so use the season packets.
2) While the noodles are cooking, prepare the rest of what you'll need. Dice and chop the vegetables. Set them aside. It is better if you have already boiled the eggs, since doing so takes awhile--- to hard boil an egg, don't crack or open it. Fill up a sauce pan with water and submerge the eggs in their shells. Place them over heat and wait for anywhere up to thirty minutes, depending on how low you set the heat on. This part has been different for me different times so experiment until you get a hard boiled egg that's right for you...typically a hard boiled egg, in the end, is mushy and soft but is not a liquid.  A hard boiled egg is a solid object.
3) Peel the shell from the hard boiled eggs if you haven't done so already. Slice each in half and set aside.
4) Take your noodles off the heat, do not drain them. Poor the ramen and the broth into the bowl you're going to eat out of.
5) Add all of the vegateables. Stir up well.
6) Add a little seasoning. Stir.
7) This step is optional. You may choose to do some fun artwork with your ramen bowl and add kawaii little faces to your eggs, as seen here on rice shapes, of course, a cute little bento box is perfect to pack your ramen in portably, if you don't want to use a bowl. And I know that these images do not follow the same format as what I'm telling you but they give you a good idea of what were going for in an adorble ramen bowl:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lqO71BT-RE4/Tb_FIY9jnnI/AAAAAAAAB_s/HMasGngoVTY/s1600/cute-kawaii-stuff-epicute-cheery-bento-lunch.jpg

http://data.whicdn.com/images/8270089/tumblr_lipj576ZzV1qgw7zvo1_500_thumb.jpg?1301227460

All you need to do to give your ramen bowl a little cute factor is to paint faces on your boiled eggs using the brush and the soy sauce (or a thicker sauce if it doesn't work out for you, such as black bean sauce). You can then add some ears to your eggs using the food coloring and sliced cheese cut into ear shapes.

8) Position the eggs in a manner you find attractive around the bowl.
9) Plop a spoonful of mayonaise onto the top if you wish.
10) Sprinkle on some parsley and the rest of your seasoning.
11) Toast some bread slices to go on the side.
12) Enjoy however you'd like...Rice is something that also goes great with this bowl, if you want to substitute toast for rice. :3
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 02:55:45 AM by Katie W., Reason: Merged DoublePost »
x