The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Thundercats discussion  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Vine Tabris

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • [hisses]
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Demon
  • Currently: visiting graveyards
Thundercats discussion
« on: July 30, 2011, 01:53:15 AM »
Hey, I could have sworn there was a Thundercats thread here, but I searched and couldn't find it, so I guess I was mistaken.

Either way, Thundercats!
>:3
It was practically my favorite cartoon when I was a kid, since they showed reruns of it all through the 90's. Back then action cartoons were the coolest stuff on TV.
so, because of my love for the original Thundercats, I decided to give the new Thundercats a watch.
I wasn't expecting much, but after watching it, oh wow, I was surprised.
It's awesome!
:D
The premiere was quite fun to watch, very exciting and funny. (Tygra is quite the looker too~)
I have to admit, I was a little bummed that Snarf can't talk anymore, but I can understand since most people found him annoying. But at least they made up for it by making him adorable.
Also, it looks like the new cartoon isn't really a remake, but rather a continuation that takes place years and years after Third Earth got inhabited by more cats, and technology became a thing of legend. It's not really clear how far in the future it is, but that looks to be the general outline.
Did anyone else catch the premiere? If not I suggest giving it a try.
^_^

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Siberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White fur with black stripes, sapphire blue eyes, black wings
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Tall with lean muscles.
Re: Thundercats discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 08:15:38 PM »
I didn't catch it, though the trailers I saw did make me think of giving it a shot. As I understood it though, this series was more of a prequel.  :/
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 08:42:54 PM »
I've got and seen the originals, but I have not seen the new versions yet.

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf/snow leopard
  • Coloring: light blue, white and black
  • Height: 7 foot 5 inches
  • Weight: thin
  • Build: medium light
  • Currently: eh
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 05:29:07 AM »
me and my mate recoreded dat!!
8D

and i think..that perhaps snarf might talk LATER as everyone is still young, and this takes place before the fall of there world.

YAY FURRY TV SERIES@!!

<-------this ish me :3  

Shadow hide you..

Offline TailzWolf

• Boisterous Bear
  • Thanks goes to Joe Racoon for this nice Avi!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 10:13:56 PM »
I have to admit, I was a little bummed that Snarf can't talk anymore, but I can understand since most people found him annoying.
......Honestly, I have to agree with that. All it took was one episode of the original (Boomerang and Cartoon Network had mini marathons of it) for him to start grating on my nerves.
But at least they made up for it by making him adorable.
Very adorable!  XP  Especially that part when he was making faces at the mined gems/big chunk of shiny rocks. He sounded like a little kid  XD  ....O.K., I need to calm down.

Also, it looks like the new cartoon isn't really a remake, but rather a continuation that takes place years and years after Third Earth got inhabited by more cats, and technology became a thing of legend. It's not really clear how far in the future it is, but that looks to be the general outline.
I thought it might be that too, but it seems a little weird. Unless it's like a legend of Zelda type thing (different generations of heroes all named Link).

On a related note:
*Were Lion-o and Tigra brothers in the original?
*Anyone else wondering why the twins (forgot their names) seem to be the only mammals with tails, other than maybe cuteness factor?

Feel fre to take the quiz here