The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Tattoo Commission!  (Read 5472 times)

Offline ChibiMyuutsu

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Drake Ukkonen
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Etsy
    • Awards
  • Species: Bat
  • Coloring: Black/Grey
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 160 lbs.
Tattoo Commission!
« on: July 12, 2011, 09:09:05 PM »
I finally decided to get someone to draw my tattoo, I tried many times, and can't get the quality to look...good. Or even decent.

Here is a vague description, for an understanding of it:

Dragon and panther in a ying and yang design, the dragon is white with ice blue shading upward facing on the left, the panther, black with blue-black shading, downward facing on the right.  The dragon will have the dark eye and the panther would have a light steely blue eye.  The dragon is of an Eastern Imperial design, but will also have wings and be feminine looking. The Panther should be as realistic as possible, slightly muscular and masculine looking.  They should look as though they are forming the circle of the ying and the yang, and playing/chasing each other. They should appear fearsome and realistic in body, but fun-loving and happy in expression.

And now for details:

The point of view will be from the side, but not fully 2D, slightly 3D, if you know what I mean.

The style should be detailed, but not EXTREMELY detailed. Like this:

But a bit less cute.

And the panther:

But not as angry.

There won't be a concrete ying-yang as a background; instead, the animals themselves will be forming the shape. The dragon should have scales everywhere but on the end of the tail, head, and wings, which will be feathery in appearance. The wings will be small and largely decorative, and the dragon's colors should make it appear to be a water elemental dragon. She should be lithe, and have a hint of breasts (no nipples, just the shape). Her eye is dark blue, and the Asian Dragon "whiskers" should be short, as she is female. The jaw should be feminine, and open slightly as if she were laughing at the panther. She should have a bit of his tail in her front paw. She will have short horns tilting backward, generic horns with sharp, pointed ends. She should have ears also; elven/draconic in appearance.

The panther will have defined muscle tone, and jet-black fur with blue highlights, and silver eyes. He should be reaching for the dragon's tail with a paw playfully, with a sort of smirk on his face, ears backward.

I don't need a huge drawing, as it will be a tattoo, and we plan on getting them on our upper arms, so make it however big you think it should be.

Like this, but with no ying-yang background and the positions reversed.

I will be willing to pay 10-30$ for anyone willing to attempt this feat.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 09:20:17 PM by ChibiMyuutsu »

*~Abstract Expressionist and Tail Maker~*

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
Re: Tattoo Commission!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 11:59:47 PM »
You are much much better off contacting people on FA, I believe. It's easier to find an artist you like rather than hope someone spots you here.

Offline ChibiMyuutsu

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Drake Ukkonen
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Etsy
    • Awards
  • Species: Bat
  • Coloring: Black/Grey
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 160 lbs.
Re: Tattoo Commission!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 01:12:49 PM »
Thanks for the replies.